Why I have to Know God Exists
(1) The universe had a beginning
(2) Life only comes from life - this is a scientific fact that is observable and testable.
(3) Life has never been proven to come from non-living matter. No one has ever observed the spontaneous generation of life drom non-living matter in nature, nor has any laboratory experiment replicated it. It is just as unscientific to say that life naturally arose from dead matter as to say men naturally rise from the dead.
(4) Since 1, 2 and 3 are true, life itself could have no baginning, and must have predated the physical universe which we do know from the current astronomical data/ big bang cosmology did have a beginning.
(5) Any being that lived outside the universe or lived before the universe existed, must be God, for no natural being could survivie without an invironment in which to live. This must be a self-sustaining, self-suffient being. Since there is no such thing in nature, it must be supernatural.
Now, I'd like to see who will prove any of the premises upon which this conclusion is drawn to be wrong.