I think i found the best song for atheists EVER

bittapudge
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I think i found the best song for atheists EVER

Forgive me if someone already mentioned this song, I have no way of knowing for sure.

No religion, by Van Morrison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlNK5ZJMP3U

Not as anti religious as you may hope for, but a damn good tune.

Born again Atheist. My biggest fear (after insects) is that the atheist community will always remain small and quiet.

zen
zen's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'll be sticking with Dear

I'll be sticking with Dear God by XTC

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Not quite my style, lyrics

Not quite my style, lyrics are a bit hard to hear. I think the best atheist song is The sound of science. It has of course music borrowed from Simon and Garfunkel.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

rebecca.williamson
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Idk who Van Morrison is but

Idk who Van Morrison is but A Perfect Circle has a song called Judith from a few years back that absolutely is my #1 atheist song.

If all the Christians who have called other Christians " not really a Christian " were to vanish, there'd be no Christians left.

BeyondForlorn
Superfan
BeyondForlorn's picture
User is offlineOffline
zen wrote:I'll be sticking

zen wrote:

I'll be sticking with Dear God by XTC

Ditto.

Infidelis
Superfan
Infidelis's picture
User is offlineOffline
 This is one of my

This is one of my favorites, although it more depicts the struggle people have with belief than it does the decision that gods do not exist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0Qt5CKdoOY

It's a newer sound, so I expect the young 'uns like myself are more likely to enjoy, haha.

El-ahrairah
atheist
El-ahrairah's picture
User is offlineOffline
rebecca.williamson wrote:Idk

rebecca.williamson wrote:
Idk who Van Morrison is but A Perfect Circle has a song called Judith from a few years back that absolutely is my #1 atheist song.

If you don't know who Van Morrison is, I highly recommend his albums Astral Weeks and Moondance.

He also wrote "Brown Eyed Girl", if you've ever heard it before.

"The Aim of an Argument...should not be victory, but progress."
-Joseph Joubert (1754-1824)

"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed."
-Richard Adams, Watership Down, 1972

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:Not quite my

Luminon wrote:

Not quite my style, lyrics are a bit hard to hear. I think the best atheist song is The sound of science. It has of course music borrowed from Simon and Garfunkel.

Damn dude!

I was at the concert in central park. When you get to the bit about 'ten thousand people, maybe more”, well I was one of the half million voices that cheered out.

I got in big trouble with my mom for picking up and going when the call came. I had no idea that my brother needed to be babysat (he will be 41 in march).

That was probably the first public mega-concert. It kind of set the stage for live aid and everything that came after.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=