Hello!

Dee_Ann
Dee_Ann's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello!

Hi all!

I just joined.

I was on facebook and on "The View" they were prattling on about how "god" parted the red sea.

All I could see was red.  Grrrrrrrrrr.........

I had enough of that nonsense so I needed to get away from that a bit and get a healthy dose of reality.

So I got to looking around on Facebook for you guys, I had found this site years ago but couldn't remember the address.

I did remember people putting up youtube videos denying the existence of a god so I searched for that, found a few and finally, finally found a link to this site!  Then I searched the name of the site on Facebook and found y'all there and joined!

Whew!  What a workout!

Now I hope I can find something in particular, I remember several years ago y'all had a chart up that showed how many people "god" killed vs how many people "the devil" killed.  That was a real hoot!  I would love to find that again and show some of my thinking impaired friends just how loving their god is.

Thanks!  Smiling

Oh, and for the record, THERE IS NO GOD.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome.

Where are you from. I'm in Canada myself.  That post your looking for is called "How meny did god kill vs. satan" and it is listed  on this at  1 day 2hrs ago, with 300 replies to date. Good luck.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 Welcome aboard!  Kudos on

Welcome aboard!  Kudos on your research skills.  

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey there Dee Ann

You must mean this thread here http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/rook_hawkins/biblical_errancy/3582

Yeah - some christians who shit me have sent this bollocks about the red sea parting over the past couple of days.

I'm not sure why they are relying on science to prove their weird stories seeing they don't believe science works.

Tho' praps the thrust of the story was that the crossing could be explained by natural causes, not the lord.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
Not only did god part the

Not only did god part the red sea... he apparently also parted hitler's hair on the wong side...

Welcome Dee Smiling

jimmy.williamson
Superfan
jimmy.williamson's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forumIts a

Welcome to the forum

Its a great place voice your dislike for religion.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dee_Ann wrote:Hi all! I

Dee_Ann wrote:

Hi all!

I just joined.

I was on facebook and on "The View" they were prattling on about how "god" parted the red sea.

All I could see was red.  Grrrrrrrrrr.........

I know, we now know it was the Nile he parted.

Moses may not have seen red when parting the sea.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

jamec9869
User is offlineOffline
Hi! I've just visited this

Hi! I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thank