Much Respect

Crossover
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Much Respect

As a Christian I'd like to take the time to thank most of you who are participating in and promoting most of these charitable causes. We don't ever think, or hear about for that matter, and atheists doing good for the community and the world. I FULLY understand that there are many atheists around the world doing great things, but I've never heard of an organized atheist effort for charity, only individual atheists doing work. In my opinion, when it comes to crime, disasters, and things like that...it doesn't matter what you believe. While my ultimate goal may be heaven, we live in this world right now and Christian, Jewish, atheist, agnostic, or whoever...if you're not doing anything to make this world better, then you don't deserve to reap the benefits.

While I obviously don't support all of the causes that I've seen reading these posts, and I don't agree with the goal of spreading atheism, I like that y'all are getting together to do good things. Keep it up. I know you don't like my goals of spreading Christianity, I hope that we can all at least come together and agree that no matter what your beliefs we need to make this world a better place. And I am glad to see that. Most Christians probably wouldn't do any volunteer work if the pastor didn't go on a guilt trip before the sermon to get people to do it, so it's even more amazing that y'all are doing it out of the goodness of your hearts and not on a guilt trip! Haha.

I basically just wanted to say thanks, and that I am impressed and glad. Perhaps there are or will be some cooperative entreats between churches and atheists to do volunteer work. If you know of any, please tell me. Creationism v.s. Atheism (or agnosticism) is very divisive, and I love to heard of cooperative efforts to do good for the world.

My Master has no desire to be merely victor in a debate: he did not come into the world to fight a battle of logic just
for the sake of winning it. --Charles Spurgeon