clash of the titans

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
clash of the titans

I just watched it, waste of $17

The pegasus was cool, bout it. The 80's version is so much better I had hoped this would be like that with updated effects but they always have to stir their fingers around in the story lines. Wtf they had aliens and rode the scorpions.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
If the dialogue had been any

If the dialogue had been any better than the 80s version, it might have been worth watching.  The special effects were better in the new one.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:If the dialogue had

cj wrote:

If the dialogue had been any better than the 80s version, it might have been worth watching.  The special effects were better in the new one.

The story was just more entertaining and stuck a bit closer to the actual myth in the older version.

I liked the callibos character in the old one, he played it so well.

The stupid owl scene in the new one, yea it was really random "whats this?" .."leave it" Dumb as it was it added a touch of humor to the old one.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:I just watched

robj101 wrote:

I just watched it, waste of $17

The pegasus was cool, bout it. The 80's version is so much better I had hoped this would be like that with updated effects but they always have to stir their fingers around in the story lines. Wtf they had aliens and rode the scorpions.

I wonder if your opinion was tainted by having to pay a tithe of $17. I got in on cheap night for $5. Liked it. Only part I didn't like was the end where they do the ole "Well, we may seem utterly useless in real life, and if we really existed, we'd be capricious bastards, but *you* know you need us gods (and presumably religion) anyway.... right? Right!"

Ironic that one of the biggest influences in inoculating me against religion was reading the Greek myths at age 9, particularly the stories of Jason, Perseus, and Theseus, the three that are the largest influences of the character in Clash of the Titans.

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!