It is a threat

To your social norms

That is how one grows

Leaving bad claims behind

It is good news

The Skeptic brings

From the past to the present

Questioning reigns

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
I really don't have anyone

I really don't have anyone specific to thank for this inspiration. But I can say if it were not for an atheist Nurse in Chicago, whom I read an opinion about, I would not be the online activist I am today. I also have to thank all those in my early days, from Jake to Reggie to Brian Sapient and Bob and HB and all the countless posters who gave me the knowledge I do today.

My daily life has it's ups and downs outside the internet, but I cant imagine where I would be without this oasis in a sea of bad claims. I am getting a bit misty eyed right now, so in light of sounding like a Hallmark card, I will simply say THANK YOU ALL  FOR WHAT YOU HAVE GIVEN ME.

This poem is for all of you. It might not be my best, but it most certainly conveys what many, if not most here think.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Bob Spence, if you would do

Bob Spence, if you would do me a favor once again and correct my spelling.

I just got done suggesting someone check their spelling so I don't want to be a hypocrite. I would say to those reading this, I do wish the OP could be edited by the poster. I have a tendency to hit submit out of fear of losing my thoughts by hitting the wrong button, which I have done in the past. I'd rather save it with the errors and go back and correct it than lose it all together.

I do want to edit the op myself, but there has never been an option, or at least one that I can see on my end.

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Bob Spence, if

Brian37 wrote:

Bob Spence, if you would do me a favor once again and correct my spelling.

I just got done suggesting someone check their spelling so I don't want to be a hypocrite. I would say to those reading this, I do wish the OP could be edited by the poster. I have a tendency to hit submit out of fear of losing my thoughts by hitting the wrong button, which I have done in the past. I'd rather save it with the errors and go back and correct it than lose it all together.

I do want to edit the op myself, but there has never been an option, or at least one that I can see on my end.

Done.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology