Tonight's special? My balls.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tonight's special? My balls.

You doubters of high technology can go ahead and devour my testicles

Synthetic, watermarked bacteria are now part of our scientific reality. Holy fuck, I sure hope the public can figure out how to pull it's head out of it's ass so we can start having discussions about the implications of these things. 

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Listened to a couple of

Listened to a couple of podcast interviews over the last few days with Craig Ventor on this.

Really fascinating. 

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

chndlrjhnsn
chndlrjhnsn's picture
User is offlineOffline
They could have watermarked

They could have watermarked a picture of Mohammed into the bacterium.