Outrageous: Exxon Mobil Paid No Income Tax in 2009

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Outrageous: Exxon Mobil Paid No Income Tax in 2009

Hi,

I just wanted to bounce this off of all those "Corporations pay more than their fair share in taxes" people.

http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2010/04/06/outrageous-exxon-mobil-paid-no-income-tax-in-2009/

You may not be crazy about Alternet but the GAO is hardly a liberal organization.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
may i suggest that americas

may i suggest that americas tax laws are in need of an update? there own fault really.

Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would be fine with this,

I would be fine with this, if only it weren't for the corporate welfare. If these companies believe that our corporate tax rates are uncompetitive (in 32 states the combined corporate tax rate is higher than Germany's, we have absurdly high corporate income tax rates), then they are right to shift their profits overseas. They are not right to accept government handouts while doing this. I get wanting to flee our punishingly high corporate tax rates. I don't get the senseless greed that motivates someone to flee our taxes while accepting government handouts. They really need to pick one or the other. Either take our government's money and pay into the system, or flee our extremely high corporate tax rates and don't accept money from the government that you refuse to fund.

And they should be smart enough to get it that there will eventually be political backlash against them for this. People have to be pissed off when reading this. For their sake, their lobbyists had better have a powerful hold over our elected officials.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
BIG COMPANIES RAPING THE TAX

BIG COMPANIES RAPING THE TAX PAYERS WITH SHELL GAMES? ..............YEA SURE......NEXT THING YOU ARE GOING TO TELL ME IS THAT THE EARTH IS A GLOBE!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Yeah. I'm hoping to wake up

Yeah. I'm hoping to wake up those who feel sorry for the poor overburdened corporations who they believe are paying too much in taxes.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Yeah. I'm

jcgadfly wrote:

Yeah. I'm hoping to wake up those who feel sorry for the poor overburdened corporations who they believe are paying too much in taxes.

FUCK YOU YOU SON OF A BITCH! The rich stepped on everyone to hoard their gain and they did it by themselves. They picked themselves up by the bootstraps. FUCK the people in the middle class and poor who put them where they are at. Money is all that matters in life and if you don't have it you deserve to be gassed like Jews.

HAVEN'T YOU EVER WATCHED LIFESTYLES OF THE RICH AND FAMOUS?

You are a heartless bastard!

(Note to self: did I think that, or type it?)

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog