Brian37, you should be happy Donovan McNabb to Redskins

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Brian37, you should be happy Donovan McNabb to Redskins

The Donovan McNabb trade is a good trade for both teams.  In the Redskins you have an owner willing to overspend for talent, Mcnabbs 11+ million salary in his last year wasn't something the Eagles needed to pay with Kevin Kolb ready to go and dog murderer Vick in the background.  The Redskins get a star player who can still play well he might even have 4-6 years left.  The Eagles clear cap room to add depth where we need it, and get some draft picks.  

It's a good deal all around.  Hope you're smiling over there Brian.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
WHAT? Don't get me wrong, I

WHAT? Don't get me wrong, I love McNabb as a player, but geeze dude, are we going to get a contract term that comes with Geritol? I think maybe he'll add some brain picking. But until we get an offensive line, we could have Manning or Breeze behind our line and still suck huge donkey balls.

It has the potential of being a plus because of McNabb's talent and brains, but I think you guys traded him because of his age. Glad to have him, and he will be a good addition, but it still takes an entire balanced team to win, and we haven't had that in a long time.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 Dawkins played well last

Dawkins played well last year and we traded him because of his age.  We always trade players while they still have value near the end of their careers.  Yes, you should have the geritol ready but you might not need it for a year or two.  Furthermore, this has the potential to backfire on the Eagles.  Don't forget Brett Favre is over 40 years old, Mcnabb is 6 or 7 years younger.  McNabb could have 6 or 7 good years left.  That's the gamble.  The Eagles don't take those gambles, but the Redskins should've.

rdklep8
atheistScience FreakSuperfan
rdklep8's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:WHAT? Don't

Brian37 wrote:

WHAT? Don't get me wrong, I love McNabb as a player, but geeze dude, are we going to get a contract term that comes with Geritol? I think maybe he'll add some brain picking. But until we get an offensive line, we could have Manning or Breeze behind our line and still suck huge donkey balls.

It has the potential of being a plus because of McNabb's talent and brains, but I think you guys traded him because of his age. Glad to have him, and he will be a good addition, but it still takes an entire balanced team to win, and we haven't had that in a long time.

Getting McNabb allows them to draft a tackle or guard with their 1st round pick... So their line will improve.  That being said... he just doesn't have the deep field threats in WAS that he had last yr in Philly... DeSean Jackson was a human highlight reel that finally gave mcnabb his first deep ball threat this side of TO. 

They are definitely the most interesting team this year.  They have the best 3 RB's on the same team ever (granted all three are past their prime... but those are 3 guys who all dominated the NFL at one point in their careers)  If they can spell each other enough to all be effective, and McNabb can couple Cooley with some other deep ball threat, I think the Skins actually have a shot to grab a playoff spot.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Dawkins

Sapient wrote:

Dawkins played well last year and we traded him because of his age.  We always trade players while they still have value near the end of their careers.  Yes, you should have the geritol ready but you might not need it for a year or two.  Furthermore, this has the potential to backfire on the Eagles.  Don't forget Brett Favre is over 40 years old, Mcnabb is 6 or 7 years younger.  McNabb could have 6 or 7 good years left.  That's the gamble.  The Eagles don't take those gambles, but the Redskins should've.

Yea, but Bret is White and McNabb is black. WHAT? I cant bring skin color up without being called a racist? WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE GOOD OLE DAYS OF SEPARATE BATHROOMS AND WATER FOUNTAINS?

(Note to self: Did I think that or type it)

Actually what is more important is the same cooties I feel now that an "EAGLE" is on our team just like when Dion Sanders joined the Skins.

EWE GREEN GREEN I HATE GREEN! COOTIES COOTIES YUCK!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog