The Large Hadron Collider Gets Into Action.

lpetrich
lpetrich's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Large Hadron Collider Gets Into Action.

LHC research programme gets underway

Quote:
Geneva, 30 March 2010. Beams collided at 7 TeV in the LHC at 13:06 CEST, marking the start of the LHC research programme. Particle physicists around the world are looking forward to a potentially rich harvest of new physics as the LHC begins its first long run at an energy three and a half times higher than previously achieved at a particle accelerator.
Nature magazine blog: Collisions at LHC! Has a depiction of a 7-TeV collision event in the LHC's ATLAS detector. They've run their beams for 4 hours, collisions and all, before they had to stop. The LHC will be able to probe some new physics that its predecessors had gotten tantalizingly close to. Possibilities like:
  1. Higgs particles
  2. Supersymmetry partners
  3. Extra-dimension effects

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
And the world did not end.

And the world did not end. Well, actually proving that the world did not end may be a tall order as it will take an infinite amount of time for the black hole to grow to any size that should concern us.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
lpetrich wrote:LHC research

lpetrich wrote:

LHC research programme gets underway

Quote:
Geneva, 30 March 2010. Beams collided at 7 TeV in the LHC at 13:06 CEST, marking the start of the LHC research programme. Particle physicists around the world are looking forward to a potentially rich harvest of new physics as the LHC begins its first long run at an energy three and a half times higher than previously achieved at a particle accelerator.
Nature magazine blog: Collisions at LHC! Has a depiction of a 7-TeV collision event in the LHC's ATLAS detector. They've run their beams for 4 hours, collisions and all, before they had to stop. The LHC will be able to probe some new physics that its predecessors had gotten tantalizingly close to. Possibilities like:
  1. Higgs particles
  2. Supersymmetry partners
  3. Extra-dimension effects

DAMN! I was hoping all that hype about the collision would lead to a parallel universe in which I was getting my dick sucked by Angelina Jolie. DAMN REALITY!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:DAMN! I was

Brian37 wrote:

DAMN! I was hoping all that hype about the collision would lead to a parallel universe in which I was getting my dick sucked by Angelina Jolie. DAMN REALITY!

DAMN!  Now I'll have that image in my head for the rest of the evening.  ewwwww...........

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:Brian37 wrote:DAMN!

cj wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

DAMN!  Now I'll have that image in my head for the rest of the evening.  ewwwww...........

Oh quit your whining, this is only print and you haven't seen a picture of my face. NOW that would be really scary for you.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog