Recognized Religious Grounds

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Recognized Religious Grounds

There are exemptions from the new requirement to buy health insurance or be fined. From cnn.com:

"Some people are exempt from the new law. If a person's income is below a certain level, or if the cheapest insurance would cost 8 percent of the person's income, no penalty would apply for lack of coverage.

There also are exemptions for people in prison, people objecting on recognized religious grounds and for members of Native American tribes."

So my religious grounds is I'm an atheist who believes this is probably my only life, so I don't want to spend it a slave to insurance companies, doctors, hospitals and pharmaceutical companies if they can't deliver a quality product at a low cost. If I were religious, being a slave here on earth is no big deal compared to eternity, only an atheist should want not to waist a second as a slave paying for overpriced crappy service.

Think this will fly?

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

ShadowOfMan
atheist
ShadowOfMan's picture
User is offlineOffline
 We can make it fly.  Me

We can make it fly.  Me and you.

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
Somehow I doubt it, but...

EXC wrote:

"Some people are exempt from the new law... people objecting on recognized religious grounds" 

So my religious grounds is I'm an atheist who believes this is probably my only life, so I don't want to spend it a slave to insurance companies, doctors, hospitals and pharmaceutical companies if they can't deliver a quality product at a low cost. If I were religious, being a slave here on earth is no big deal compared to eternity, only an atheist should want not to waist a second as a slave paying for overpriced crappy service.

Somehow I doubt it, but that doesn't mean I won't try!

And not even this guy, as much as I know he would want to, can argue!

I laughed so hard right around 3:09 where he says the tongue twister "godless-liberal-indoctrinating-government-run-public-school-system" in about 1.5-2 seconds. I couldn't watch an entire 8 minute long video that ever once referred to Ray Comfort as "brilliant". But from what I did watch of it, the radio guy seems to think that WorldNutDaily is a reputable source for news and opinion, and that's an instant giveaway to the state of that man's mental faculties.

EDIT: correction

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!