WTC Building 7

Pillowpants
atheist
Pillowpants's picture
User is offlineOffline
WTC Building 7

Before I say anything I will say that 9/11 conspiracies are almost fully reserved for radical right wing Christians, which I am not one.  H/e  I think the best evidence they have is that of building 7.  Never in history has a steel building collapsed from a fire.  Especially a small fire.  There was no jet fuel burning, and the fires were rather trivial, the sprinkler system should have been able to put them out.  Yet the building collapsed in the same manner as the twin towers, free fall.  Even though it was not struck by a plane.  Now, I'm not saying that 9/11 was an inside job.  There are a lot of smart people of these forums, but right not I can find no reason to say that it isn't.  Can someone bring me back to sanity by debunking some of my claims.  I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist, however I answer don't want to simply push this evidence out of my mind.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Um, yah, Alex Jones needs to

Um, yah, Alex Jones needs to take his medication and stop telling everyone that he has personally uncovered some secret plot. But anyway, there is actually a very good reason why building 7 collapsed. It had a huge gash ripped in it by debris from the North Tower. That debris ripped through several support columns and the remaining columns could not stand up under the load.

Also, the reason why the sprinkler system was not able to control the fires is because there was no power to the pumps that are normally part of any fire suppression system.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I think the fact that a 110

I think the fact that a 110 storey tower collapsed on it would be a contributing factor.

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
OK, list all the examples of

OK, list all the examples of steel frame buildings that have had major chunks of a 110-storey building fall on them and remained quite stable. Or suffered comparable impact. Such debris would be far more substantial than airplanes.

Could it be this is a rather extreme, perhaps unique, incident, making historical records not particularly relevant?

Have a look at this site: http://www.911myths.com/html/wtc7_damage.html

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
OK, I fixed the link for you

OK, I fixed the link for you bobSpence1. You used a period in the link that made it go 404.

In any case yes, having lots of huge bits of steel hit a building is generally a bad thing. Here is another link that shows the gash in the side of building 7:

http://www.debunking911.com/pull.htm

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

OK, I fixed the link for you bobSpence1. You used a period in the link that made it go 404.

In any case yes, having lots of huge bits of steel hit a building is generally a bad thing. Here is another link that shows the gash in the side of building 7:

http://www.debunking911.com/pull.htm

Thanks.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
It was a conspiracy, God did

It was a conspiracy, God did it. Ooops, I should say, fans of God did it. And daddy sat with folded arms while his children murdered his fans.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I was a foreman in that

I was a foreman in that building... Never noticed any explosives.