All Atheists are Immoral!

free_thinker
User is offlineOffline
All Atheists are Immoral!

Here is another one (Yes, I totally stole the Hitler/Stalin part from this website).

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-style-parent:"";
line-height:115%;
font-size:11.0pt;"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-fareast-"Times New Roman";}

John Simon

"I don't know about other readers, but letters from our local atheists are rather tiresome and pointless."

Okay, you are entitled to your opinion.

"They haven't come up with an original thought in years, but keep rehashing faults associated with Christianity."

There is no evidence for the existence of god, thus I do not believe.

"Atheists love to proclaim their moral superiority. Are they really that superior?"

No, the point we often try to make is that morality is in no way associated with religion - you do not need religion to be moral (and there is plenty of evidence to support this).

"Christians are compelled by Christ's love to care for the aged, the infirm and the orphans."

Do some Christians do good things because Christ commanded them to, or because they know it is the right thing to do? 

"There are hospitals named St. Mary, St. Joseph, St. Elizabeth and Christian. The congregation I attend in Collinsville supports two homes for abused and neglected children."

That is wonderful, don't you think it would be better to abandon all of the supernatural and instead focus your resources on humanitarian efforts?

"Where are the fruits of atheists' morality? Where are the atheist hospitals?"

Atheism = not believing in god, it is not a moral code or a philosophy, just a disbelief in god.

There are, however, philosophies which many atheists hold, such as Scientific Naturalism or Secular Humanism. 

"Atheists condemn the killing of animals, but they support aborting children. They support killing the aged, infirm and mentally sub-par."

Once again, atheism is simply a disbelief in god. Some support abortion, some do not (though none that I know support killing the aged, infirm, or mentally challenged). It is flat out dishonest to attempt to lump atheists together as you do (without even knowing the term "atheist"...)

"Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, an atheist, believed in eugenics, the improvement of humanity by selective breeding and sterilization of inferior humans, such as the blacks -- her own words. Reminds one of Hitler, Stalin and Mao."

That is a non sequitur. You could just as easily say "Her name was Margaret and she believed in these immoral things, thus people named 'Margaret' are immoral."

"Hitler murdered approximately 10 million people."   

“Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.” – --- Adolf Hitler

“Secular schools can never be tolerated because such a school has no religious instruction and a general moral instruction without a religious foundation is built on air; consequently, all character training and religion must be derived from faith.... We need believing people.”-- Adolf Hitler, April 26, 1933

There are many similar quotes from Hitler (though he was a notorious liar). Hitler's religious beliefs are really irrelevant (I just don't like when people mislead others). What does matters is that Hitler called upon pre-existent, Christian inspired hatred and persecution of Jews.

"Stalin murdered 30 million of his own people. Mao murdered twice that number."

These men may have been atheists, but you overlook one obvious fact. They killed in the name of Communism, not atheism. Communism is in itself a religion, where the state and leader are worshiped, as opposed to a deity.

Neither of these men, or any other leader I’m aware of, ever killed in the name of atheism.

"Wow, atheists are such humanitarians, such a morally superior group of people compared to we blood thirsty Christians."

There you go again.  "Christians have an unbending moral code based on God's wisdom."

You see no problems with some of the laws of the Bible?

Leviticus 24:16 16 anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD must be put to death. The entire assembly must stone him. Whether an alien or native-born, when he blasphemes the Name, he must be put to death.

"Atheism's code bends to and fro with the popular wind because it is based on man's wisdom."

Seriously? Again?

"What did Solomon write about human wisdom? Vanity of vanities, all is vanity."

Okay.

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, I'm immoral.But them,

Well, I'm immoral.

But them, I'm not all atheists.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
free_thinker wrote:Leviticus

free_thinker wrote:

Leviticus 24:16 16 anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD must be put to death. The entire assembly must stone him. Whether an alien or native-born, when he blasphemes the Name, he must be put to death. 

Glad to hear it. That means I won't be personally executed by some Army of God fucker for a few more hours. Maybe.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

smartypants
Superfan
smartypants's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Picking on Leviticus is

Picking on Leviticus is kind of unfair. That book is just a shitstorm of crazy.

free_thinker
User is offlineOffline
smartypants wrote: Picking

smartypants wrote:

But.... isn't 97% of the Bible a shitstorm of crazy?

smartypants
Superfan
smartypants's picture
User is offlineOffline
free_thinker

free_thinker wrote:

smartypants wrote:

But.... isn't 97% of the Bible a shitstorm of crazy?

It's relative. Some of it it kind of trying to pretend like it makes sense. I know everybody thinks virgin birth is ridiculous, but personally, I think that winged flaming thing appearing in the sky with wheels on four sides and the head of a bear and a lion and a horse or whatever is way more obvious lunacy.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:free_thinker

Kapkao wrote:

free_thinker wrote:

Glad to hear it. That means I won't be personally executed by some Army of God fucker for a few more hours. Maybe.

--Whether an alien or native-born--

Doomy predicts that little blurp is bound to cause an intergalactic incident... one day

What Would Kharn Do?

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
smartypants wrote:It's

smartypants wrote:
It's relative. Some of it it kind of trying to pretend like it makes sense. I know everybody thinks virgin birth is ridiculous, but personally, I think that winged flaming thing appearing in the sky with wheels on four sides and the head of a bear and a lion and a horse or whatever is way more obvious lunacy.

"The locusts looked like horses prepared for battle. On their heads they wore something like crowns of gold, and their faces resembled human faces. Their hair was like women's hair, and their teeth were like lions' teeth. They had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the thundering of many horses and chariots rushing into battle. They had tails and stings like scorpions, and in their tails they had power to torment people for five months." Revelations 7-10 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
smartypants wrote: Picking

smartypants wrote:

10 more lbs of shellfish and a giant bunny for this guy! Maybe somebody can teach him how to plant a beautiful garden as well... if he's in to that sorta thing.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul

The Doomed Soul wrote:

--Whether an alien or native-born--

Doomy predicts that little blurp is bound to cause an intergalactic incident... one day

I prefer the term cosmic incident, but whatever works for ya...

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
No sane atheist I know

No sane atheist I know thinks they are superior. I certainly don't claim to be. No human can fly like Superman or stop bullets with their chest and all humans, including atheists, will die one way or another at some point.

What educated people and reasonable people should do if they have self introspection and intellectual honesty is give up on bad claims, much like the sane in humanity no longer believes that the sun is a thinking being or that the earth is flat.

I hate being called elitist for standing up for truth. And morality has nothing to do with it. Every human is capable of doing moral things and immoral things which has nothing to do with providing evidence for what one spews out of their mouth ON ANY ISSUE ON ANY CLAIM.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle

butterbattle wrote:

smartypants wrote:

"The locusts looked like horses prepared for battle. On their heads they wore something like crowns of gold, and their faces resembled human faces. Their hair was like women's hair, and their teeth were like lions' teeth. They had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the thundering of many horses and chariots rushing into battle. They had tails and stings like scorpions, and in their tails they had power to torment people for five months." Revelations 7-10 

I love Revelations ~ I believe the above is is Rev.  9:7 not 7:10  btw 

Here is a fun lolcats translation of rev.9   http://www.lolcatbible.com/index.php?title=Revelation_9

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

DarkSam
DarkSam's picture
User is offlineOffline
Failed Theist

free_thinker wrote:

Here is another one (Yes, I totally stole the Hitler/Stalin part from this website).

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-style-parent:"";
line-height:115%;
font-size:11.0pt;"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-fareast-"Times New Roman";}

John Simon

"I don't know about other readers, but letters from our local atheists are rather tiresome and pointless."

Okay, you are entitled to your opinion.

"They haven't come up with an original thought in years, but keep rehashing faults associated with Christianity."

There is no evidence for the existence of god, thus I do not believe.

"Atheists love to proclaim their moral superiority. Are they really that superior?"

No, the point we often try to make is that morality is in no way associated with religion - you do not need religion to be moral (and there is plenty of evidence to support this).

"Christians are compelled by Christ's love to care for the aged, the infirm and the orphans."

Do some Christians do good things because Christ commanded them to, or because they know it is the right thing to do? 

"There are hospitals named St. Mary, St. Joseph, St. Elizabeth and Christian. The congregation I attend in Collinsville supports two homes for abused and neglected children."

That is wonderful, don't you think it would be better to abandon all of the supernatural and instead focus your resources on humanitarian efforts?

"Where are the fruits of atheists' morality? Where are the atheist hospitals?"

Atheism = not believing in god, it is not a moral code or a philosophy, just a disbelief in god.

There are, however, philosophies which many atheists hold, such as Scientific Naturalism or Secular Humanism. 

"Atheists condemn the killing of animals, but they support aborting children. They support killing the aged, infirm and mentally sub-par."

Once again, atheism is simply a disbelief in god. Some support abortion, some do not (though none that I know support killing the aged, infirm, or mentally challenged). It is flat out dishonest to attempt to lump atheists together as you do (without even knowing the term "atheist"...)

"Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, an atheist, believed in eugenics, the improvement of humanity by selective breeding and sterilization of inferior humans, such as the blacks -- her own words. Reminds one of Hitler, Stalin and Mao."

That is a non sequitur. You could just as easily say "Her name was Margaret and she believed in these immoral things, thus people named 'Margaret' are immoral."

"Hitler murdered approximately 10 million people."   

“Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.” – --- Adolf Hitler

“Secular schools can never be tolerated because such a school has no religious instruction and a general moral instruction without a religious foundation is built on air; consequently, all character training and religion must be derived from faith.... We need believing people.”-- Adolf Hitler, April 26, 1933

There are many similar quotes from Hitler (though he was a notorious liar). Hitler's religious beliefs are really irrelevant (I just don't like when people mislead others). What does matters is that Hitler called upon pre-existent, Christian inspired hatred and persecution of Jews.

"Stalin murdered 30 million of his own people. Mao murdered twice that number."

These men may have been atheists, but you overlook one obvious fact. They killed in the name of Communism, not atheism. Communism is in itself a religion, where the state and leader are worshiped, as opposed to a deity.

Neither of these men, or any other leader I’m aware of, ever killed in the name of atheism.

"Wow, atheists are such humanitarians, such a morally superior group of people compared to we blood thirsty Christians."

There you go again.  "Christians have an unbending moral code based on God's wisdom."

You see no problems with some of the laws of the Bible?

This theist just put forward different arguments instead of rebutting the ones he put there in the first place, typical....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You cannot disprove the existance of God, but you also cannot disprove the existance of an all powerfull, incomprehesible, pink elephant that lives in the boot of my car.