What is god made off?

Adventfred
atheist
Adventfred's picture
Posts: 298
Joined: 2009-09-12
User is offlineOffline
What is god made off?

ok i would love to hear what theist have to say on this

oh and were is god  


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
Adventfred wrote:ok i would

Adventfred wrote:

ok i would love to hear what theist have to say on this

 

Which god?

 

Quote:

oh and were is god  

 

I think you mean "where", and that'll depend on which god you're asking about.


Waiting for Oblivion
Waiting for Oblivion's picture
Posts: 229
Joined: 2007-10-22
User is offlineOffline
Silly question, everyone

Silly question, everyone knows that he's made of puppy smiles and unicorn farts.


Adventfred
atheist
Adventfred's picture
Posts: 298
Joined: 2009-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:Adventfred

Ciarin wrote:

Adventfred wrote:

ok i would love to hear what theist have to say on this

 

Which god?

 The god you worship or believe in

Quote:

oh and were is god  

 

I think you mean "where", and that'll depend on which god you're asking about.

Yes sorry

So any takers

 

 


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
Adventfred wrote:Ciarin

Adventfred wrote:

Ciarin wrote:

Adventfred wrote:

ok i would love to hear what theist have to say on this

 

Which god?

 The god you worship or believe in

 

I'm polytheist, pick one.

 

Quote:

Quote:

oh and were is god  

 

I think you mean "where", and that'll depend on which god you're asking about.

Yes sorry

So any takers

 

 

 

I'm a taker. Just pick a god.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:Adventfred

Ciarin wrote:

Adventfred wrote:

ok i would love to hear what theist have to say on this

 

Which god?

 

Quote:

oh and were is god  

 

I think you mean "where", and that'll depend on which god you're asking about.

A location for Asgard that I could put in my GPS receiver would be cool...

"Bifrost coming up on your left"

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Ciarin

jcgadfly wrote:

Ciarin wrote:

Adventfred wrote:

ok i would love to hear what theist have to say on this

 

Which god?

 

Quote:

oh and were is god  

 

I think you mean "where", and that'll depend on which god you're asking about.

A location for Asgard that I could put in my GPS receiver would be cool...

"Bifrost coming up on your left"

 

Somewhere in Canada I think.


Adventfred
atheist
Adventfred's picture
Posts: 298
Joined: 2009-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:Adventfred


Ciarin wrote:

Adventfred wrote:

Ciarin wrote:

Adventfred wrote:

ok i would love to hear what theist have to say on this

 

Which god?

 The god you worship or believe in

 

I'm polytheist, pick one.

 

Quote:

Quote:

oh and were is god  

 

I think you mean "where", and that'll depend on which god you're asking about.

Yes sorry

So any takers

 

 

 

I'm a taker. Just pick a god.

i would but you did not specify which god s you believe in for me to choose 

well what are your gods made off 


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
Adventfred wrote:i would but

Adventfred wrote:

i would but you did not specify which god s you believe in for me to choose 

well what are your gods made off 

 

I believe in the Anglo-Saxon and Roman pantheons. My gods are made of Awesome and Win.


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5100
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
I really like the question

What is god made of. Is god's construction - and I'm talking christian god or allah here - forced to conform to the laws of the universe?

I think christians would say he's too mysterious to be made of anything, or that he can be whatever he wants.

 

 

 

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
Adventfred wrote:ok i would

Adventfred wrote:

ok i would love to hear what theist have to say on this

 

Anger and Hatred, with a pince of Unimaginable Power

What Would Kharn Do?


Thomathy
SuperfanBronze Member
Thomathy's picture
Posts: 1861
Joined: 2007-08-20
User is offlineOffline
If you know that it's power

If you know that it's power, it can't be that unimaginable.

God is made of: sugar, spice and everything nice. Why?  Because I wanted to be the first one to say so.

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."


stuntgibbon
Moderator
stuntgibbon's picture
Posts: 699
Joined: 2007-05-17
User is offlineOffline
 God is like made out of

 God is like made out of god, or something.


FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
Posts: 1253
Joined: 2007-06-02
User is offlineOffline
stuntgibbon wrote: God is

stuntgibbon wrote:

 God is like made out of god, or something.

I think that's the only theologically valid statement, within Abrahamic faiths.  If G-d is "made out of" something or "made of" or "is something", where did the "something" come from, and who the heck made it?!?

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."


Adventfred
atheist
Adventfred's picture
Posts: 298
Joined: 2009-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:Adventfred


Ciarin wrote:

Adventfred wrote:

i would but you did not specify which god s you believe in for me to choose 

well what are your gods made off 

 

I believe in the Anglo-Saxon and Roman pantheons. My gods are made of Awesome and Win.

Aren't awesome and win human constructs 

Therefore man made ?


Adventfred
atheist
Adventfred's picture
Posts: 298
Joined: 2009-09-12
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder

FurryCatHerder wrote:

stuntgibbon wrote:

 God is like made out of god, or something.

I think that's the only theologically valid statement, within Abrahamic faiths.  If G-d is "made out of" something or "made of" or "is something", where did the "something" come from, and who the heck made it?!?

Any thing is valid to theologians 

God is made of god hahahahahah

The universe is made of universe 


Adventfred
atheist
Adventfred's picture
Posts: 298
Joined: 2009-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Thomathy wrote:If you know

Thomathy wrote:

If you know that it's power, it can't be that unimaginable.

God is made of: sugar, spice and everything nice. Why?  Because I wanted to be the first one to say so.

 

lol 


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2036
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
Lets go with consciousness

Lets go with consciousness and energy, no physical parts because god (abrahamic god of course here) is everywhere and anywhere yeah that it energy and consciousness (see I can be non descriptive and well blatantly non logical with the description of god too Laughing out loud )

As for the rest of the gods, even the roman gods had been said they had human bodies (a few of them were mixtures of other creatures) but alas they share the same thing with the Abrahamic god....no evidence at all for their existance.....so I cannot really say what they are made up....oh wait yes I can, I can use my imagination just like humans have done to create these beings, they are made of star dust and magic....of awesome god powers and god DNA yeah baby.......and other stuff. Stuff that scientists cannot find because they lack faith in these gods to prove they are real, and the evidence isn't there because the gods don't want you to know they really exist...yeah baby yeah Sticking out tongue


FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
Posts: 1253
Joined: 2007-06-02
User is offlineOffline
latincanuck wrote:the

latincanuck wrote:
the evidence isn't there because the gods don't want you to know they really exist...yeah baby yeah :P

I told my Atheist friend Stephen that he didn't see as many unicorns because there were too few virgins anymore.

That's my story, and I'm sticking with it.

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:I believe in

Ciarin wrote:


I believe in the Anglo-Saxon and Roman pantheons. My gods are made of Awesome and Win.

 

So what exactly are win and awesome?  Perhaps two noew quarks?  In which case, you need to provide masses and coupling constants.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


Adventfred
atheist
Adventfred's picture
Posts: 298
Joined: 2009-09-12
User is offlineOffline
  Answers in Gene Simmons

 

 

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Ciarin wrote:


 

I believe in the Anglo-Saxon and Roman pantheons. My gods are made of Awesome and Win.

 

So what exactly are win and awesome?  Perhaps two noew quarks?  In which case, you need to provide masses and coupling constants.

 

are you bringing science to a theist  good luck ahahha  


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
Well, someone has to try...

Well, someone has to try...

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


Adventfred
atheist
Adventfred's picture
Posts: 298
Joined: 2009-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Well, someone has to try...

the buybull says if first you fail try try again 

i guess you just following the buybull Smiling


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
I like science.

I like science.


Adventfred
atheist
Adventfred's picture
Posts: 298
Joined: 2009-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:I like

Ciarin wrote:

I like science.

 

we all should but dam you beautifull 


stuntgibbon
Moderator
stuntgibbon's picture
Posts: 699
Joined: 2007-05-17
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder

FurryCatHerder wrote:

stuntgibbon wrote:

 God is like made out of god, or something.

I think that's the only theologically valid statement, within Abrahamic faiths.  If G-d is "made out of" something or "made of" or "is something", where did the "something" come from, and who the heck made it?!?

 

Which brings me to my new argument.

1. My statement was a joke.

2. You claimed my statement is "theologically valid."

3. Assuming #2 is true, God is a joke.


skeptiform5
skeptiform5's picture
Posts: 21
Joined: 2010-01-17
User is offlineOffline
I'm sorry Ciarin but it

I'm sorry Ciarin but it doesn't matter if you like science or not, it's whether or not you use it in your life.


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
skeptiform5 wrote:I'm sorry

skeptiform5 wrote:

I'm sorry Ciarin but it doesn't matter if you like science or not, it's whether or not you use it in your life.

 

What are you going on about? And why are you sorry?


Infidelis
Superfan
Infidelis's picture
Posts: 61
Joined: 2009-12-01
User is offlineOffline
 God is made of semen. How

 God is made of semen. How else could he have gone inside Mary and made baby jesus.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13623
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Waiting for Oblivion

Waiting for Oblivion wrote:

Silly question, everyone knows that he's made of puppy smiles and unicorn farts.

FUCK! Why am I the last one to know? Serves me right for falling asleep in science class.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13623
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Infidelis wrote: God is

Infidelis wrote:

 God is made of semen. How else could he have gone inside Mary and made baby jesus.

You cant say that, now you are going to piss off the Marines and Army and Air Force.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13623
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:Adventfred

Ciarin wrote:

Adventfred wrote:

Ciarin wrote:

Adventfred wrote:

ok i would love to hear what theist have to say on this

 

Which god?

 The god you worship or believe in

 

I'm polytheist, pick one.

 

Quote:

Quote:

oh and were is god  

 

I think you mean "where", and that'll depend on which god you're asking about.

Yes sorry

So any takers

 

 

 

I'm a taker. Just pick a god.

In all seriousness, I like you, but I cant pick who is worse as far as not facing the facts, you, or the monotheist in people like Fortunate Son.

Your motif in tactic has been the same since you first came here, "I don't deny that I merely like it". That may one step better than the indignant reaction of others, but you still refuse to provide evidence for your claims other than the same fallacy they commit in "plenty of people have claimed this".

You try to doge your evidence that there is more than one god, which is a safe assumption if you are going to call yourself a polytheist, as per your PERSONAL belief, which you admit is a personal belief, falsely thinking that absolves you from proving your claims.

You are pulling the same passive aggressive tactic I see monotheist pull, you are simply trying to pretend that you are justified in your beliefs without demonstrating them as fact.

Your argument boils down to the same as a Christian or or Muslim.

So what if WE agree that you merely like your belief.

That is still a doge. If you are a polytheist then it is up to you to prove each and every god you claim just as I would expect from a monotheist. You cant, and you admited you cant. So all you have done is admit you merely like your claim.

I think you have the SAME insecurity they do. Rather than test your claim with introspection you try to cop out to "I am not like them" "I am no threat to you" when the reality is you fear self introspection and the scrutiny of others, just like monotheists.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13623
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
If as you believe that there

If as you believe that there are multiple deities, then that would mean that there are multiple brains with no brains. You can give them whatever names you want you are STILL, just like a monotheist, claiming that thinking like a human exists in the non-material world. They have one invisible super hero and you have many, but all I see is a bunch of humans latching onto placebos.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
quadruple post ftw!

quadruple post ftw!


Adventfred
atheist
Adventfred's picture
Posts: 298
Joined: 2009-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:quadruple post

Ciarin wrote:

quadruple post ftw!

 

you still havent adressed his issue


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
Adventfred wrote:Ciarin

Adventfred wrote:

Ciarin wrote:

quadruple post ftw!

 

you still havent adressed his issue

 

His issue has been dealt with ad nauseum in a previous thread. He's just a sore loser cause he couldn't beat me in a debate on my religion, and now he's trying to bait me into going through it again. He needs to QQ more.


Infidelis
Superfan
Infidelis's picture
Posts: 61
Joined: 2009-12-01
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Infidelis

Brian37 wrote:

Infidelis wrote:

 God is made of semen. How else could he have gone inside Mary and made baby jesus.

You cant say that, now you are going to piss off the Marines and Army and Air Force.

um... what about the NAVY..? lol


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
Infidelis wrote:Brian37

Infidelis wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Infidelis wrote:

 God is made of semen. How else could he have gone inside Mary and made baby jesus.

You cant say that, now you are going to piss off the Marines and Army and Air Force.

um... what about the NAVY..? lol

God is made of semen

Semen / Seamen

Seamen / Navy

Navy excludes Marines/Army/Air Force

Excluding Marines/Army/Air Force from the jesus factor makes them angry

 

Joke explained, moving on...

 

What Would Kharn Do?


Zombie Jesus
Zombie Jesus's picture
Posts: 56
Joined: 2010-01-18
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:Adventfred

Ciarin wrote:

Adventfred wrote:

Ciarin wrote:

quadruple post ftw!

 

you still havent adressed his issue

 

His issue has been dealt with ad nauseum in a previous thread. He's just a sore loser cause he couldn't beat me in a debate on my religion, and now he's trying to bait me into going through it again. He needs to QQ more.

I also think that you are avoiding answering his question.If you have already answered that question somewhere else could you post a link to it please.

All forms of tampering with human beings, getting at them, shaping them against their will to your own pattern, all thought control and conditioning is, therefore, a denial of that in men which makes them men and their values ultimate.
Isaiah Berlin


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
I'll look for it later. Does

I'll look for it later. Does the search function work on this board?


Zombie Jesus
Zombie Jesus's picture
Posts: 56
Joined: 2010-01-18
User is offlineOffline
I'm not sure but you can

I'm not sure but you can find your posts from  your account page under the tab Track, not sure if that helps.

All forms of tampering with human beings, getting at them, shaping them against their will to your own pattern, all thought control and conditioning is, therefore, a denial of that in men which makes them men and their values ultimate.
Isaiah Berlin


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5100
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
What is god made of?

 

I'd love to hear a theory on what god could possibly be made of. Fred's original post is similar to a question Brian37 has posed many times relating to the physicality or non physicality of god and the resulting ability of such a god to have a discernible influence on a physical universe. I think atheists and many theists would agree there's no way ideas about a supernatural god are remotely falsifiable in this universe - that means a supernatural god is a moot point in terms of our ability to know anything about it in our particular reality. At the same time we see no evidence of a physical god. 

Moving away from that - what could a powerful physical god be made of? Is a god like this even possible?

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
Zombie Jesus wrote:I'm not

Zombie Jesus wrote:

I'm not sure but you can find your posts from  your account page under the tab Track, not sure if that helps.

 

Ok, I'll try that.

 

edit: here http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/16931


jumbo1410
Theist
Posts: 166
Joined: 2009-07-25
User is offlineOffline
It's probably too late in

It's probably too late in the discussion for my two cents worth, but here they are for what it's worth:

Quote:
I'd love to hear a theory on what god could possibly be made of. Fred's original post is similar to a question Brian37 has posed many times relating to the physicality or non physicality of god and the resulting ability of such a god to have a discernible influence on a physical universe. I think atheists and many theists would agree there's no way ideas about a supernatural god are remotely falsifiable in this universe - that means a supernatural god is a moot point in terms of our ability to know anything about it in our particular reality. At the same time we see no evidence of a physical god. 

Moving away from that - what could a powerful physical god be made of? Is a god like this even possible?

I think a serious enquiry into that question would lead one to a similar explanation to that given in science. The following is all hypothetical, and I have no idea what I am saying.

Bosonic string theory (26D theory) posits strings that are not quite physical, yet underly all of what we refer to as reality. There is a variation on 10D theory by a critic of Stephen Hawkins (can't remeber who, but can find out) that suggests super strings vibrating in the tenth dimension create all universes, both in and out of time, with varying laws of physics in each (infinite) universe. This guy says that these strings are wound so tight that the 10th dimension is actually the zero dimension accounting for infinite curviature or something.

That aside, you could imagine God as an 11th anti-dimension, giving him/it all the properties usually associated with the Christian God - omniscience, omnipotence, omnipresence etc. The 11th dimension would also account for why humans cannot understand omni attributes - because they are features of a higher dimension. Indeed, humans cannot be said to understand any dimension higher than the one they are conscious of, so we are stuck at the 3rd for the moment.

 

To cut a long story short, if science can posit a para-physical semi-entity such as "strings" within a hypotheical, stacking-dimension theory to explain reality, then I have no problem positing a transitional-transcendental entity to explain said strings. On a side note, however, I think - quite similar to what I think about Swinburne's theodicy/science mash - that the buck stops at God rather arbitrarily in this scenerio. Maybe I should write my thesis on that...

 


Adventfred
atheist
Adventfred's picture
Posts: 298
Joined: 2009-09-12
User is offlineOffline
jumbo1410 wrote:It's

jumbo1410 wrote:

It's probably too late in the discussion for my two cents worth, but here they are for what it's worth:

Quote:
I'd love to hear a theory on what god could possibly be made of. Fred's original post is similar to a question Brian37 has posed many times relating to the physicality or non physicality of god and the resulting ability of such a god to have a discernible influence on a physical universe. I think atheists and many theists would agree there's no way ideas about a supernatural god are remotely falsifiable in this universe - that means a supernatural god is a moot point in terms of our ability to know anything about it in our particular reality. At the same time we see no evidence of a physical god. 

Moving away from that - what could a powerful physical god be made of? Is a god like this even possible?

I think a serious enquiry into that question would lead one to a similar explanation to that given in science. The following is all hypothetical, and I have no idea what I am saying.

Bosonic string theory (26D theory) posits strings that are not quite physical, yet underly all of what we refer to as reality. There is a variation on 10D theory by a critic of Stephen Hawkins (can't remeber who, but can find out) that suggests super strings vibrating in the tenth dimension create all universes, both in and out of time, with varying laws of physics in each (infinite) universe. This guy says that these strings are wound so tight that the 10th dimension is actually the zero dimension accounting for infinite curviature or something.

That aside, you could imagine God as an 11th anti-dimension, giving him/it all the properties usually associated with the Christian God - omniscience, omnipotence, omnipresence etc. The 11th dimension would also account for why humans cannot understand omni attributes - because they are features of a higher dimension. Indeed, humans cannot be said to understand any dimension higher than the one they are conscious of, so we are stuck at the 3rd for the moment.

 

To cut a long story short, if science can posit a para-physical semi-entity such as "strings" within a hypotheical, stacking-dimension theory to explain reality, then I have no problem positing a transitional-transcendental entity to explain said strings. On a side note, however, I think - quite similar to what I think about Swinburne's theodicy/science mash - that the buck stops at God rather arbitrarily in this scenerio. Maybe I should write my thesis on that...

 

 

Are you sayin that in another dimension a being can over power the logical absolutes

the ominis whether in another dimension is not posible

its like saying in the 11th demension a square circle is reality ....BS .... NOT POSSIBLE in no demension

also about strings they would be part of our universe and does not transcends anything because evrything would be made of strings even matter

so still no mind floating around without a brian ......


jumbo1410
Theist
Posts: 166
Joined: 2009-07-25
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Are you sayin that in

Quote:
Are you sayin that in another dimension a being can over power the logical absolutes

It would most likely be impossible to know one way or the other. Logical impossibilities may or may not be... possible, but why does that matter for the purpose of finding out what God is made of?

Quote:
the ominis whether in another dimension is not posible

Why?

Quote:
its like saying in the 11th demension a square circle is reality ....BS .... NOT POSSIBLE in no demension

I think at about dimension 7 or so, it actually does become a possibility. According to theoretical physicists, other universes may have completely different laws of physics - the speed of light not being constant, no laws of thermodynamics etc. Have you watched this short film yet? Tell me what you think.

 

Quote:
also about strings they would be part of our universe and does not transcends anything because evrything would be made of strings even matter

(That is why I said I have no trouble imagining a God to create them)

 

Quote:

so still no mind floating around without a brian ......

I'm not sure if God even has a "mind" outside of the metaphorical sense of the word.

 

 


Paisley
Theist
Paisley's picture
Posts: 1933
Joined: 2008-03-13
User is offlineOffline
Adventfred wrote:ok i would

Adventfred wrote:

ok i would love to hear what theist have to say on this

oh and were is god  

"God is love." 1 John 4:8

"God is light." 1 John 1:5

"God is closer to you than you are to yourself." St. Augustine

"The Kingdom of God is within you." Jesus

"Scientists animated by the purpose of proving they are purposeless constitute an interesting subject for study." - Alfred North Whitehead


Zombie Jesus
Zombie Jesus's picture
Posts: 56
Joined: 2010-01-18
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:Zombie Jesus

Ciarin wrote:

Zombie Jesus wrote:

I'm not sure but you can find your posts from  your account page under the tab Track, not sure if that helps.

 

Ok, I'll try that.

 

edit: here http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/16931

Thank you

I read every post and I found it rather pointless. You like what you believe and nothing more.

 

All forms of tampering with human beings, getting at them, shaping them against their will to your own pattern, all thought control and conditioning is, therefore, a denial of that in men which makes them men and their values ultimate.
Isaiah Berlin


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
Zombie Jesus wrote:Ciarin

Zombie Jesus wrote:

Ciarin wrote:

Zombie Jesus wrote:

I'm not sure but you can find your posts from  your account page under the tab Track, not sure if that helps.

 

Ok, I'll try that.

 

edit: here http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/16931

Thank you

I read every post and I found it rather pointless. You like what you believe and nothing more.

 

 

Yes quite pointless. I'm surprised you read every post.


Adventfred
atheist
Adventfred's picture
Posts: 298
Joined: 2009-09-12
User is offlineOffline
jumbo1410 wrote:Quote:Are

jumbo1410 wrote:

Quote:
Are you sayin that in another dimension a being can over power the logical absolutes

It would most likely be impossible to know one way or the other. Logical impossibilities may or may not be... possible, but why does that matter for the purpose of finding out what God is made of?

Quote:
the ominis whether in another dimension is not posible

Why?   thats how it is in our universe

Quote:
its like saying in the 11th demension a square circle is reality ....BS .... NOT POSSIBLE in no demension

I think at about dimension 7 or so, it actually does become a possibility. According to theoretical physicists, other universes may have completely different laws of physics - the speed of light not being constant, no laws of thermodynamics etc. Have you watched this short film yet? Tell me what you think.

possibility and pobability are two diff things

 

Quote:
also about strings they would be part of our universe and does not transcends anything because evrything would be made of strings even matter

(That is why I said I have no trouble imagining a God to create them)

right and i wonder who or what god thinks make him

 

Quote:

so still no mind floating around without a brian ......

I'm not sure if God even has a "mind" outside of the metaphorical sense of the word.

 

 


jumbo1410
Theist
Posts: 166
Joined: 2009-07-25
User is offlineOffline
Quote:the ominis whether in

Quote:
the ominis whether in another dimension is not posible

 

Quote:
Why?   thats how it is in our universe

That might be so, however the above is not an explanation, it is a statement. It would be remiss of me to think that "Just because" was an answer to the question of "Why should God exist?" That said, there are some people who think that "because" is an answer. I realise there might be a language barrier between us, so it's not a major issue.

 

Quote:
possibility and pobability are two diff things

Ahh, the ol'probability v. possibility debate. I've heard it said more than once on this forum that the probability of the universe existing with the fundamentals for life is 100%. Whatever their reasoning is, I'm sure it can be adapted to suit just about any theory.

But that is quite irrelevant. You said that LI is impossible in any dimension. Now you are conceding that LI may be possible, but not probable.

 

Quote:
right and i wonder who or what god thinks make him

If I knew the answer to that question, I would be rich (or dead). The concept of "made of" is flawed in 10D theory. The strings I was talking about are not "made of" anything. They are vibrating or colliding waves, or something like that. If God needs something to make him, then those strings need something to make them, since being "made of" nothing is presumably logically impossible.

Of course, if being made of nothing is not LI, then you have solved your initial enquiry Eye-wink

 

Its really pointless to jump this far ahead though. There are more elemetary arguments against the existence of God than the question of composition; that remain unanswered.