Christians to Hold 40 Days of Prayer and Fasting for the USA

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Christians to Hold 40 Days of Prayer and Fasting for the USA

Christians from across the nation will pray and fast to reaffirm the founders covenant with god for the U.S., get the nation right with god, acknowledge Jesus is king of the U.S.A., and the nation must "boldly follow Jesus and walk in his love like the founding father."

from Christian News Wire

www.christiannewswire.com/news/6876412547.html

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
Splendid!That should take

Splendid!

That should take care of business then.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Amazing what a lack of

Amazing what a lack of historical knowledge can lead to.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Someone really ought to tell

Someone really ought to tell them that it does not count as a fast if they have liquids during that time.  That should take care of a bunch of them.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

take care of a bunch

About 15 years ago I had in the area of 60 people working for me; in the business of construction.

I shall admit there were times when I thought it REALLY would have been better if they all just would sit down and faste for at least 60 days in a stretch rather than keep fucking up and making costly errors. I have since then come to expand my cynicism to encompass humanity at large. More than half of all available work time at any given moment of any given business in human history is spent on fixing the mistakes of the dodos that came just before you. This may not be a statistical fact (to the extent that the matter is even investigable) but I think all people who have been in my situation (being the responsible employer of more people than you have time or heart to get to know personally) will agree.

I look at these praying fools and I feel nothing but ice cold contempt.

Why don't they go spend their time on doing something instead?

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Someone really ought to tell them that it does not count as a fast if they have liquids during that time.  That should take care of a bunch of them.

Probably if they had a leader they really trusted that told them that, I think yeah, we'd have another mass suicide.

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Marquis wrote:Answers in

Marquis wrote:

take care of a bunch

About 15 years ago I had in the area of 60 people working for me; in the business of construction.

OK, the largest work crew that I have ever had to manage was about 10~12 people but even so, I well understand dealing with total fuckwads who still expect a pay check even when they don't actually do any useful work.  And because I deal with the mentally ill, all too often the biggest fuckwads are the id10t's that I report to.

Seriously, one time I had a guy who declared that he had finished a shift only fifteen minutes after it began.  So I brought out the time sheets, made him look at the clock and agree to the time.  Then I had him sign that he had done a full quarter hour on the job.  Well, when payday came around, he demanded to get paid for a full shift.  And it ended up that I was ordered to authorize his full payment on the grounds that "there is an appearance of work".  Seriously, you can't make that up.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
How long without food

Before the christians start to die? Should we try them on double or nothing?

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Natural_SciGuy
Natural_SciGuy's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Amazing what

jcgadfly wrote:

Amazing what a lack of historical knowledge can lead to.

Too true - I question whether or not they are even aware that the term "United States" was coined by none other than Thomas Paine, who while certainly not atheist, was a strong opponent of such examples of organized religion. 

Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence.
-- Richard Dawkins

Awelton85
Superfan
Awelton85's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Leave the Koalas alone!

Leave the Koalas alone!

StrawberryJam
atheist
User is offlineOffline
rab wrote:Christians from

rab wrote:

Christians from across the nation will pray and fast to reaffirm the founders covenant with god for the U.S., get the nation right with god, acknowledge Jesus is king of the U.S.A., and the nation must "boldly follow Jesus and walk in his love like the founding father."

from Christian News Wire

www.christiannewswire.com/news/6876412547.html

Christians must be forgetting the passages of scripture where Jesus is confronted with the dilemma of what to do with these coins with Caesar on them.

Give to Caesar what is Caesar's. Give to God what is God's.

I take that to mean that a christian can live amist people with different beliefs, peaceably.

Of course, no one will be asking me what my take is on that passage.

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Apparently, that 40 days of

Apparently, that 40 days of praying didn't change anything. Because now the wingnuts are holding a May Day--A Cry to God.

http://www.mayday2010.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=57

One of May Day's organizers, Janet Porter, says we are cursed and backs it up with scripture.

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=126598

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Don't bother telling them

Don't bother telling them they are just talking to themselves.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Maybe they can get the

Maybe they can get the apocalypse postponed for an extra week or something.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:Maybe they can

robj101 wrote:

I don't see that happening considering Obama can't get them on board with health care.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
And it's just getting

And it's just getting crazier. Now Porter is saying we need prayer more than ever now that the country is under the rule of "communist dictatorship."

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/porter-only-may-day-prayer-rally-can-wash-blood-americas-hands

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
rab wrote:And it's just

rab wrote:

And it's just getting crazier. Now Porter is saying we need prayer more than ever now that the country is under the rule of "communist dictatorship."

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/porter-only-may-day-prayer-rally-can-wash-blood-americas-hands

Man, conservatives are totally whacked out about health care and Obama.  I wonder what happens when I google "Obama antichrist"?

Haha, awesome.  http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?131004-Is-anybody-happy-about-this-new-health-care

Favorite Quote: "Being filled with the holy spirit grants a person a certain amount of discernment."

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:robj101

Brian37 wrote:

robj101 wrote:

I don't see that happening considering Obama can't get them on board with health care.

He didn't get the Republican or Blue Dog Christians on his side, but healthcare was passed, seems real work does more than prayer, unless god hates republicans? Or maybe he loves republicans but is merely testing them through allowing democrat Christians to fuck us all over?

COME ON GOD, CHOSE A FUCKING SIDE! DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN?..........no answer......what a shocker. Maybe each side can have 40 more days of prayer and ask daddy to help defeat the other side, you know, like Sunnis and Shiites.

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's not to late to see May

It's not to late to see May Day LIVE on GodTV.

http://www.lc.org/index.cfm?PID=14102&AlertID=1128

On the agenda are the Seven Mountains of Culture, the repentance edition.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
And then...

rab wrote:

On the agenda are the Seven Mountains of Culture, the repentance edition.

THE STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN!

Open to all... but wanted by none.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Evangelist Cindy Jacobs

Evangelist Cindy Jacobs warns that god’s mercy on us depends on how we vote in November. “We must declare a 40 day fast leading up to election day.” The candidates to pray for are “pro-life, pro-Biblical definition of marriage.”

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/cindy-jacobs-gods-mercy-depends-how-we-vote-2010

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote.......

..............from a so called christian.

"I  don't know  why I bother to go down on my knees  to pray when I know there is nothing there to here it"

Mother Teresa

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?