Adventfred
atheist
Adventfred's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cant disprove god? heres how to

Quote:
Intelligence requires: 
1. An external world
2. A body capable of translating events in the external world into "information"
3. Some device capable of processing this information in a nontrivial way and controlling the body.

For example, why are plants not intelligent but animals are? Because plants are rooted in place, but animals navigate an environment. Animals sensory apparatus input information about the external world, where it is processed by the brain and used to control the animal's movements. This is what intelligence is, it's the nontrivial processing of information coming from an external world for the purpose of navigating it.

As such God, and all things supernatural, are impossibilities. God was supposedly an intelligence floating around in nothingness. But intelligence is the nontrivial processing of information about an external world, what was the external world that corresponds to God? What was the information being processed by God's mind? How did God's body transfer information to his mind?

The real problem is that information requires matter. It doesn't matter if it's the molecule of DNA, nuerons in the brain, transistors in a computer chip,or patterns of ink on paper, all information requires a material representation. There is no such thing as information floating around in nothingness, in spirit form, or whatever. The concept of a mind outside of a brain, or information outside of matter is as meaningless as the concept of a 4 sided triangle or a flat sphere.

The sooner people realize this the sooner we can move on from humanity's superstitious roots.

If anyone thinks I've gone too far, feel free to give me an example of information not being stored in matter/energy/space/time or give me an example of intelligence not being the result of the nontrivial processing of information. If you can't give me an real example, try to come up with a thought experiment showing how it's possible to have information and/or intelligence not associated with matter/energy/space/time.

any theist wanna disprove what i just said

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
To prove to yourself that

To prove to yourself that god does not exist you could take a walk in a park and take a good look around. It's pretty simple really. The hard part is the opening of the mind and allowing yourself to honestly think about it, but that is all it takes.

I had a friend over last night and I turned on a dawkins debate on youtube, he starts texting on his phone. I ask what he is doing he says "just messing with my phone" I asked if he was gonna watch the vid and he says "I don't watch stuff like that". He has a mind that is under lock and key.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin