Sapient, just wondering about your Eagles getting Vick?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient, just wondering about your Eagles getting Vick?

I was as shocked as anyone else. Not because I thought he wouldn't get signed, but because he ended up with the Eagles. Does McNabb have anything to worry about?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
He can worry.

I saw the game last night the Patriot's  rusty veterans, bench warmers and wannbes  outlasted the Eagles rusty veterans, bench warmers and wannabes.  McNabb was a lot rustier then Brady and Brady hasn't played a full game since Superbowl 2008.            Brady had two touch down passes while McNabb could only get close enough for field goals.  Vick is still suspended untill week seven or so,  after that McNabb should look out.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well thanks to the satellite

Well thanks to the satellite company airing the pre-season games  some tec at the company fucked up the link or didn't have it ready for the Redskins Baltimore game. Actually, being a Skins fan, I should call and thank them from sparing me from that spanking. So I got stuck watching that Pats Eagles game, and that is where I saw the announcement.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
I can't wait for Vick to

I can't wait for Vick to come to Cleveland and play in front of the Dawg pound.

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
Irrelevant. Ben

Irrelevant. Ben Rapeslethberger and the Steelers' defence are going to sodomize all opposition. Most likely with the handle of a mop or broom.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
LosingStreak06

LosingStreak06 wrote:
Irrelevant. Ben Rapeslethberger and the Steelers' defence are going to sodomize all opposition. Most likely with the handle of a mop or broom.

Pretty cocky. You know I said the same thing the year after the Skins beat Miami in the big game, only to get their clock cleaned by the Raiders the next year. I am not against the Steelers, but I've seen cocky teams have their butts handed to them in the past.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
I feel compelled to weigh in

I feel compelled to weigh in since I'm in the Atlanta area.  This shit has been CONSTANT on sports radio since it was announced.  To answer your direct question:  Yes.  McNabb has something to worry about.  Regardless of everything else, Vick is incredibly talented physically.  I don't see how anyone could argue that he and McNabb are physical equals.  They're not.  Vick is better.  If McNabb gets hurt or hits a cold streak, and Vick lights a fire under the Eagles offense... yeah, McNabb could be out of a job for at least a little while.

Having said that, there are two things that make me think he doesn't have much to worry about.  First, Vick is a dumb shit.  Forget his off the field trouble.  Vick is just not a smart quarterback.  He's great at reacting quickly, but he's not a full field thinker, and he has been known to make poor decisions, thinking he can rely on athleticism to get the job done.  That's been the knock on him since college.

Second, McNabb is NOT a dumb shit.  He's a leader, a motivator, and an all around good guy.  What he may lack in pure talent when compared to Vick, he makes up for in hard work, determination, and selfless play.

Now... I have one more thing to add, and I know it would never happen, but I'll tell you what I would do if I was in charge of the Eagles.  I'd turn Vick into a running back.  I'd look my offensive coordinator in the eye and say, "Mister, you've got six weeks to come up with a workable NFL offensive scheme in which the tailback has legitimate passing options."

There are three obvious benefits to this scheme: 

1) Vick would make a pretty good RB, and would spell Westbrook admirably.

2) Defenses would have to adjust to the possibility of Vick passing from the RB position.  With Philly's strong O-line, a run would never definitively be a run until Vick was on the ground.

3) The world's coolest flea-flicker play.  I don't know what it is, and I hate flea-flickers... but I want to see it anyway.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

cervello_marcio
Superfan
cervello_marcio's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:I feel

Hambydammit wrote:

I feel compelled to weigh in since I'm in the Atlanta area.  This shit has been CONSTANT on sports radio since it was announced.  To answer your direct question:  Yes.  McNabb has something to worry about.  Regardless of everything else, Vick is incredibly talented physically.  I don't see how anyone could argue that he and McNabb are physical equals.  They're not.  Vick is better.  If McNabb gets hurt or hits a cold streak, and Vick lights a fire under the Eagles offense... yeah, McNabb could be out of a job for at least a little while.

Having said that, there are two things that make me think he doesn't have much to worry about.  First, Vick is a dumb shit.  Forget his off the field trouble.  Vick is just not a smart quarterback.  He's great at reacting quickly, but he's not a full field thinker, and he has been known to make poor decisions, thinking he can rely on athleticism to get the job done.  That's been the knock on him since college.

Second, McNabb is NOT a dumb shit.  He's a leader, a motivator, and an all around good guy.  What he may lack in pure talent when compared to Vick, he makes up for in hard work, determination, and selfless play.

Now... I have one more thing to add, and I know it would never happen, but I'll tell you what I would do if I was in charge of the Eagles.  I'd turn Vick into a running back.  I'd look my offensive coordinator in the eye and say, "Mister, you've got six weeks to come up with a workable NFL offensive scheme in which the tailback has legitimate passing options."

There are three obvious benefits to this scheme: 

1) Vick would make a pretty good RB, and would spell Westbrook admirably.

2) Defenses would have to adjust to the possibility of Vick passing from the RB position.  With Philly's strong O-line, a run would never definitively be a run until Vick was on the ground.

3) The world's coolest flea-flicker play.  I don't know what it is, and I hate flea-flickers... but I want to see it anyway.

couple things.

i live in philly and this is all people are talking about up here as well. if mcnabb gets injured (as he is wont to do), then yes vick may step in...if we're six weeks into the season AND he's been reinstated. however, dismissing that he will not play. he is too one-dimensional. which is why you and everyone in philly agree: he should play at rb & wr. it would be soo boss.

ps- as far as the morality of the whole thing is concerned, the best article i read was an interview with the princeton professor/animal rights champion/author of "animal liberation" - Peter Singer. read it. he says he will believe vick is sincere until given reason not to and that he isn't willing to punish him for life for mistakes made in his youth--as well as drawing interesting parallels to the food industry.

this took me about ten minutes to type and i am now exhausted/done for the day. cheers.

"Do not, as some ungracious pastors do, show me the steep and thorny way to heaven. Whiles, like a puff'd and reckless libertine, himself the primrose path of dalliance treads. And recks not his own rede."

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 I wasn't happy with the

I wasn't happy with the Eagles for picking up Vick, however as long as he performs well on the field, I promise not to dislike him anymore than I already do.  

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
On a (very slightly)

On a (very slightly) related note, nflshop.com has the word MEXICO in their swear filter just for Vick. However, it only took a couple of tries to get it to accept both MFXICO and MEXICQ as acceptable names. Whether it will pass any possible visual inspection, I can't say but something that is that obvious from a moderate distance would only make sense if you ordered it directly from the NFL and not from any of the knockoff vendors who don't give a shit about making a MEXICO jersey.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=