hate or pitty?

marshalltenbears
marshalltenbears's picture
Posts: 223
Joined: 2009-02-19
User is offlineOffline
hate or pitty?

I now look at religious types the same way I looked at non believers when I was a christian. I feel like they are lost. I pitty them. Do you dislike christians or pitty them?

 

"Take all the heads of the people
and hang them up before the Lord
against the sun.” -- Numbers 25:4


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3945
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
marshalltenbears wrote:Do

marshalltenbears wrote:

Do you dislike christians or pitty them? 

It depends on the individual. I pity the kids in Jesus Camp. I hate the fat woman. 

Sometimes, I neither hate nor pity them, even though I disagree with their beliefs. It's hard to explain.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
 Religion is indoctrination

 Religion is indoctrination is victimization.  I feel like 99% of theists are victims of poor eductaion, indoctrination, religious abuse, or a combination of the three.   At the same time, the abused become abusers, and it would be hard for me to say I don't feel anger when I see a child being subjected to the same indoctrination I received.  Most of the time, I let my rational side win and direct my anger towards the institution of religion.

The other side of the coin is that there is a significant percentage of people who know they are using religion to their own manipulative advantage.  I have no problem directing anger towards them.

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


Mao4EverBadi
Posts: 38
Joined: 2009-06-26
User is offlineOffline
marshalltenbears wrote:I now

marshalltenbears wrote:

I now look at religious types the same way I looked at non believers when I was a christian. I feel like they are lost. I pitty them. Do you dislike christians or pitty them?

 

I believe that religious people are products of their environment which is largely out of their control. Even the evilest of fundies has had their beliefs, ergo behaviors formed by the sources that they found most authoritative. In our environment the capitalist ruling class use their public opinion-molding machine to prop up religion. Some of them are wrapped up in it themselves and that's reason enough, others just do it for the psychological benefit, regardless the capitalist ruling class use their elevated status in society to purchase the beliefs of others via the public opinion-molding machine and we can't blame theists for simply being products of their environment. Everytime I get upset at actions brought about by religious beliefs it just makes me work harder at ridding the world of the environment that breeds such horror.


treat2 (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
marshalltenbears wrote:I now

marshalltenbears wrote:

I now look at religious types the same way I looked at non believers when I was a christian. I feel like they are lost. I pitty them. Do you dislike christians or pitty them?

 

Neither. I think you're pathetic.


Ken G.
Posts: 1352
Joined: 2008-03-20
User is offlineOffline
marshalltenbears write: Hate or Pitty ?

  In almost every Christian that I have met,I truly feel sorry for them,cause when they were young their parents shoved a lot of BullShit into their forming minds,it's sad. Like Richard Dawkins says's "its a form of child abuse"

Signature ? How ?


marshalltenbears
marshalltenbears's picture
Posts: 223
Joined: 2009-02-19
User is offlineOffline
treat2

treat2 wrote:
marshalltenbears wrote:

I now look at religious types the same way I looked at non believers when I was a christian. I feel like they are lost. I pitty them. Do you dislike christians or pitty them?

 

Neither. I think you're pathetic.

 

thank you for the awesome response. 

"Take all the heads of the people
and hang them up before the Lord
against the sun.” -- Numbers 25:4


manofmanynames (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Ken G. wrote:  In almost

*DAKKA DAKKA*

Gibberish insensibilities atomized


cervello_marcio
Superfan
cervello_marcio's picture
Posts: 210
Joined: 2009-05-19
User is offlineOffline
Dude, you said it, not him. 

Dude, you said it, not him.

 


Jayhawker Soule
Posts: 14
Joined: 2009-06-25
User is offlineOffline
treat2

treat2 wrote:
marshalltenbears wrote:
I now look at religious types the same way I looked at non believers when I was a christian. I feel like they are lost. I pitty them. Do you dislike christians or pitty them?

Neither. I think you're pathetic.

I tend to agree. The question reflects a sadly childish certitude and bigotry.


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3909
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
manofmanynames wrote:Ken G.

manofmanynames wrote:

Ken G. wrote:

  In almost every Christian that I have met,I truly feel sorry for them,cause when they were young their parents shoved a lot of BullShit into their forming minds,it's sad. Like Richard Dawkins says's "its a form of child abuse"

Yes, we should remove children from homes of religious parents who dare attempt to take them to sunday school. In fact we should think of imposing prison sentences, or hefty fines as punishment for such parents. 

Well they take children out of the home if the parents refuse to school them properly. If homeschool parents teach the kids things like 2+2=5, we consider that abuse, not to properly educate the child on how math really works. If the parents expose the children to pornography, they are taken out. They took out kids from cults like the polygamists and doomsdayers. We blow up Madrassas in Afganistan for indoctrinating children with radical Islam.

I'm not advocating this position. My hope is that one day religious indoctrinators will be socially shamed to stop.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3909
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
marshalltenbears wrote:I now

marshalltenbears wrote:

I now look at religious types the same way I looked at non believers when I was a christian. I feel like they are lost. I pitty them. Do you dislike christians or pitty them?

 

I hate the one's that make money from it. The rest is a mix, because much of it is a result of indoctrination, fear and addiction.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


manofmanynames (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote: If the parents

*KABLAM*

Retarded assertions destroyed


ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
Posts: 2265
Joined: 2009-03-26
User is offlineOffline
:3

I agree that it is abuse. I think that religion is a mental disorder, and anyone that has it should seek professional help. My reasoning for that? It prevents a person from being a normal, fully productive member of society because they harbor illusions about the world around them.

 

I do so enjoy this non-theist section though. Especially with the frequent intrusions. :3

Theism is why we can't have nice things.


Jayhawker Soule
Posts: 14
Joined: 2009-06-25
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Well they take

EXC wrote:
Well they take children out of the home if the parents refuse to school them properly.

But not if they are growing up to be petty and intolerant, and in my opinion, intolerance and bigotry are far more sociopathic in their effect than is religion.

 


ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
Posts: 562
Joined: 2009-02-22
User is offlineOffline
marshalltenbears

marshalltenbears wrote:

treat2 wrote:
marshalltenbears wrote:

I now look at religious types the same way I looked at non believers when I was a christian. I feel like they are lost. I pitty them. Do you dislike christians or pitty them?

 

Neither. I think you're pathetic.

 

thank you for the awesome response. 

You are both generalising and wrongly categorising yourself as "once being a christian". You were no such thing. treat2 might be knee-jerking, but you need it.

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.


ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
Posts: 562
Joined: 2009-02-22
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:Religion

Hambydammit wrote:

Religion is indoctrination is victimization.

Ya, I think Kierkegaard would agree.

Hambydammit wrote:

I feel like 99% of theists are victims of poor eductaion, indoctrination, religious abuse, or a combination of the three. 

I know many who are none of the above.

Hambydammit wrote:

At the same time, the abused become abusers, and it would be hard for me to say I don't feel anger when I see a child being subjected to the same indoctrination I received.

Yea, ok. Sounds like your childhood wasn't fun.

Hambydammit wrote:

Most of the time, I let my rational side win and direct my anger towards the institution of religion.

Kierkegaard would not agree there, I think. He would say that we are responsible for the choices we make and even not choosing is a choice. According to this deeply religious pillar of our western literature and philosophy, you should be angry with both the institution and the people.

Hambydammit wrote:

The other side of the coin is that there is a significant percentage of people who know they are using religion to their own manipulative advantage.  I have no problem directing anger towards them.

Actually, that is the same side of the coin.

The other side of the coin are the churches accepting hundreds of Iraqi refugees here in Denmark in a so-called holy ground asylum.  These are people who have lived in shitty conditions in places that look like concentration camps for years, their children grown up with fear of being sent back to a war zone. This is their last attempt to save their femiies, since the rational democratic society that invaded their country would deport them in an instant. Police stay out of the churches to avoid public outrage.

Our secular society has got nothing for them. Just like we have nothing for the ex-cons, homeless, persecuted minorities, no solution to war, opression, hunger etc. In fact, our secular societies are mostly responsible for all of it, together with that first side of the "religious" coin you mentioned. Whether you are religious or not is completely inconsequential, all that matters is what side of the coin you are on.

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3909
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
manofmanynames wrote: EXC

manofmanynames wrote:

EXC wrote:

If the parents expose the children to pornography, they are taken out.

DO you advocate this position?


I think there is no reason why human sexuality can't be presented in a healthy way. The problem with pornography is that like religion it is a fantasy. So children grow up with a false view of sexuality, just as the religious live with a false view of reality.


manofmanynames wrote:

Why don't you stand up for what you believe, rather than being a coward, you equated parents such as mine who took their children to Sunday school, to parents who expose their children to pornography.


What does whether I believe something should be legal or not have anything to do with my bravery, cowardice? I'm a rational thinker, so I don't cave to irrational person attacts like what you are attempting to do. People that indoctrinate their children with religion give into fear the hell. They are afraid to expose children to a different point of view. So if anyone should be considered a coward.


But to me the 'brave' and 'coward' tags are guilt trips from irrational and manipulative minds. What does this mean anyways to tag someone with the 'coward' tag? Seems like if anyone is a coward, it is the people that give into the fear of being call a coward. You've obviously been manipulated this way by others. You make decisions based on the fear of being called a 'coward'.


manofmanynames wrote:

Then you have this ridiculous belief that you're going to "shame" parents out of this, why not just advocate removing them from the home? I'm guessing you won't be such a coward when it comes to removing kids out of home where they are exposed to other forms of child abuse such as being beaten severely, or being exposed to pornography, so why the double standard now.

Social preasure is what caused you to pick your religion, didn't it? You wouldn't be religious if there was a lot of social shame in being so, right? You didn't make a 'brave' decision to pick your religion. It was what was convienent.


Based on evidence. If the evidence that the religious indoctrination was extremely harmful, then the government can come in and remove the children. You agree with position with cults like Jonestown and Waco, don't you?


Whether I think an activity is harmful to society does not mean it should be illegal. We have a right to privacy and parental rights. To make Sunday school illegal would require too much invation of privacy. But if the evidence was overwhelming that a particular form of religious indoctrination or pornography was harmful, this evidence could outweigh our right to privacy.


If homeschool parents never teach the children science, but only witchcraft and superstition, would you be 'brave' enough to remove them? If a smoking parent was causing tremendous health problems for a child, are you 'brave' enough to remove them?
 

 

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


marshalltenbears
marshalltenbears's picture
Posts: 223
Joined: 2009-02-19
User is offlineOffline
ZuS wrote:marshalltenbears

ZuS wrote:

marshalltenbears wrote:

treat2 wrote:
marshalltenbears wrote:

I now look at religious types the same way I looked at non believers when I was a christian. I feel like they are lost. I pitty them. Do you dislike christians or pitty them?

 

Neither. I think you're pathetic.

 

thank you for the awesome response. 

You are both generalising and wrongly categorising yourself as "once being a christian". You were no such thing. treat2 might be knee-jerking, but you need it.

Actually I was a very devout christian. Why make such a claim. 

"Take all the heads of the people
and hang them up before the Lord
against the sun.” -- Numbers 25:4


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3945
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
ZuS wrote:You are

ZuS wrote:

You are both generalising and wrongly categorising yourself as "once being a christian". You were no such thing.

How in the world do you know that?

 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


manofmanynames (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Social preasure is

*BLAMMO!*

Idiotic drivel terminated.

 


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3909
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
manofmanynames wrote: But

manofmanynames wrote:

 But surprisingly I have yet to lose a friend, or respect, because my views differ from them. 

Exactly no social cost for choosing your religion. I'm an unabashed hedonist, the ultimate devil.

manofmanynames wrote:

I'd be religious regardless of what sort of social shame was out there, I have no embarrassment for where I stand, I'm sitting in an atheist forum for god sake, and I bet you won't find a single individual here who has shamed me, or has revealed himself to be my intellectual superior that's for sure. I have no problem speaking my mind, here or out there. 

Thank God for the anonymity of the internet.

manofmanynames wrote:

I didn't pick my religion because it was convenient, you may have picked your atheism because you lacked friends, and spent most of your time playing video games and watching porn, and "atheism" gave you a cheap counterculture to belong to, but let's not project. I became a theist well into my adulthood, and not because of some charismatic preacher, or from some profound moment in a church service somewhere, but rather by exploring the questions most important to my life. I have more to owe deceased writers like Dostoevsky, than I have to my upbringing, or social groups. 

So religion brought you hope and comfort, how convienient.

manofmanynames wrote:

No, I'm calling a bitch a bitch. Anything I consider to be child abuse, is something that I would seek or support laws to prohibit, and penalize parents, or remove children from the home. I think whinos come dime a dozen, if you're going to cry "child abuse", no one really gives a fuck about it, unless you want to convey a solution for it. It's time you atheist grow fucking balls, and stand up for shit if you find it evil. 

You seem obsessed with avoiding being seen as a coward, insecurity?

I'm an hedonist that doesn't believe and magical invisible god is going to reward me in the next life for being brave. So I really don't care if someone thinks I'm a coward, I want to win. How would taking this position help me win in this cause? I would just be viewed as a wacko atheist, wouldn't I? Shouldn't the steps be taken slowly?

Isn't it cowardly to behave in ways so as to avoid being seen as a coward? Shouldn't a brave person do what he thinks is right even if someone like you calls him a coward?

manofmanynames wrote:

No, because unlike you, when I think of harm done to children, I stand up to stop it. If I see a father punch his kid in the face, I'm calling the cops, and I'm going to confront him about it. You and those who claim that taking children to Sunday school is a form of child abuse, and just sit on your asses and ignore that shit, are cowards. 

What do you think we should do? Attack a church, get thrown in jail and never be heard from again? Great stategy for winning against an enemy with overwhelming numbers and weapons.

So if you were a general in a war, you'd rather have brave soldiers get killed in the first minutes of battle rather than coward soldiers that live to fight another day?

And what if we are cowards? Is God going to torture me in hell for it? Oh I'm scared now, I better be 'brave' cause I'm so scared of hell. Bravery and Cowardice are more BS concepts invented by moralists to manipulate irrational minds.

You are demonstrating why Theist based morality is so wrong. You think we should follow an strategy that would fail because we don't want to get the 'coward' tag. A bull shit concept often used to send young men to their deaths to fight other people's war.  How irrational.

 

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


dead_again
Special AgentWebsite Admin
dead_again's picture
Posts: 321
Joined: 2007-05-13
User is offlineOffline
OK manofmanynames, I'll post

OK manofmanynames, I'll post the Freethinking Anonymous rules so you won't be confused:

Site Admins wrote:
A haven for those who are without a belief in god, to discuss and theorize, think freely, and debate any issue. No taboo issue in here. NO THEISTS ALLOWED IN THIS FORUM. THEIST POSTS WILL BE DESTROYED.

That means, since you have a theist tag, DO NOT POST IN THESE FORUMS!! If you wish to say something about this thread, you can create a topic in the General Conversation area and link to this thread.

Your god's silence speaks loud and clear


Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
Posts: 628
Joined: 2008-02-29
User is offlineOffline
ZuS wrote:Our secular

ZuS wrote:

Our secular society has got nothing for them. Just like we have nothing for the ex-cons, homeless, persecuted minorities, no solution to war, opression, hunger etc. In fact, our secular societies are mostly responsible for all of it, together with that first side of the "religious" coin you mentioned.

Are you blaming lack of religion on the problem? Secularism is the only way out of this mess.

Dude, you're WAY off.

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais


Jayhawker Soule
Posts: 14
Joined: 2009-06-25
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Bravery and

EXC wrote:

Bravery and Cowardice are more BS concepts invented by moralists to manipulate irrational minds.

What drivel ...


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2446
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
???????????????

Jayhawker Soule wrote:

EXC wrote:

Bravery and Cowardice are more BS concepts invented by moralists to manipulate irrational minds.

What drivel ...

 

 

      EXC is quite right and you Jayhawker Soule (what ever that means) are devinly wrong................again....................but you are use to that.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


manofmanynames (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote:Jayhawker

*KAPOW*

Ridiculous nonsense decapitated!


ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
Posts: 562
Joined: 2009-02-22
User is offlineOffline
marshalltenbears wrote:ZuS

marshalltenbears wrote:

ZuS wrote:

marshalltenbears wrote:

treat2 wrote:
marshalltenbears wrote:

I now look at religious types the same way I looked at non believers when I was a christian. I feel like they are lost. I pitty them. Do you dislike christians or pitty them?

 

Neither. I think you're pathetic.

 

thank you for the awesome response. 

You are both generalising and wrongly categorising yourself as "once being a christian". You were no such thing. treat2 might be knee-jerking, but you need it.

Actually I was a very devout christian. Why make such a claim. 

There is no short answer to this, but I will try to make the long answer as plain as day. To really be Christian you have to do two things: understand what it means to be Christian and decide to be Christian. It is perfectly obvious that, unless you understand, you can't decide to become Christian. To understand what it means to be Christian is simple: belief in absurd things. To believe something as utterly ridiculous as an invisible all-powerful man in the sky and all the shenanigans that follow, you have to understand that this is absurd and then make a decision and become Christian. At this point you are rolling your eyes, since it's an impossible task, unless... well, if I knew, I would be Christian, wouldn't I?

Why and how one would do such a thing is a deeply personal matter. No one can "make" you do it any more than they can make you fall in love with some particular person. Sure you can make someone become religious, but you can do nothing about someone else's faith. You can make someone tell you that they love you, but you can't make them actually love you. You might be asking: "but how can you make yourself do it then?" If you are asking this, then you are adressing the very core of my argument. Choosing to be Christian is not like choosing to love someone. You choose to be Christian BECAUSE you .... exactly - I don't know what the equivalent to "love someone" here would be. But let's be patient for a moment.

Now, as soon as you understand what it means to be Christian, you immediately understand that the core of your belief is not some pie in the sky, but the very thing that was your reason for choosing faith - that deeply personal matter that anchors your being to the sandy bottom of life. It was there before you were Christian. No matter what you think about other people, a true Christian understands that it is the choice and action and not the manifestation that matter.

It should be clear now that any other way of "being Christian" is not that at all, it's a choice to be nothing in particular, birth right and duty, something you were told to do and you did it because people approved, a religious routine - not faith, sort of like staying with that girlfriend you sort of like and can fuck once in a while, because you don't like being alone and you don't think you can get that one you were in love with for so long. Perfectly reasonable, but being Christian is NOT perfectly reasonable. Becoming Christian is just the opposite - it is choosing to go after that one thing and enduring being alone. This is exactly what I talked about earlier, the to me unknown 'thing' that would make someone actually become Christian. It can never have anything to do with how you feel about non-Christians, which is what in your post you explicitly say your "being Christian" included. A Christian knows that non-Christians have the same choices and that they inevitably make them. Regardless of the manifestation, it is the choice that matters.

For you "being Christian" was about other people, since it made you feel in some fashion about them. Kind of makes you wonder what your atheism is about, when you do the same today. Is it a dream-like state you some day might awaken from, just like you did once before? Or is it your anchor telling you that you can decide to become something more than a label, a manifestation?

 

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.


ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
Posts: 562
Joined: 2009-02-22
User is offlineOffline
Abu Lahab wrote:ZuS

Abu Lahab wrote:

ZuS wrote:

Our secular society has got nothing for them. Just like we have nothing for the ex-cons, homeless, persecuted minorities, no solution to war, opression, hunger etc. In fact, our secular societies are mostly responsible for all of it, together with that first side of the "religious" coin you mentioned.

Are you blaming lack of religion on the problem? Secularism is the only way out of this mess.

Dude, you're WAY off.

To understand what I meant, all you have to do is read the next sentence. But in the case that it was unclear, I will spell it out for you: secularism is the same as religion - It's a manifestation of who we are. We are enlightened role models and trecherous murderers and defilers, we are the supportive parents and disinterested children, dedicated caregivers and selfrighteous pricks. The undeniable proof of this is the situation I cite - if there were no churches in Denmark, we would have had nothing for the people whose homes we have destroyed and whose lives we have thrown away. Us, the rational people.

The choices we make are what matters, manifastation is completely irelevant. Secularism is a way out of this and into another mess.

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.


dead_again
Special AgentWebsite Admin
dead_again's picture
Posts: 321
Joined: 2007-05-13
User is offlineOffline
manofmanynames wrote:EXC

manofmanynames wrote:

EXC wrote:

Bravery and Cowardice are more BS concepts invented by moralists to manipulate irrational minds.

Jeffrick wrote:

EXC is quite right and you Jayhawker Soule (what ever that means) are devinly wrong................again....................but you are use to that.

Uhm, bravery and cowardice in meaning, are not man made creations, anymore that a sense of beauty is. An individual who risks his life to save a stranger, is a person who acted bravely, and very few of us will disagree with that. You don't have to be a moralist to say this individual was brave. Same can be said of cowardly but I'm sure the points been made. 

Did you just ignore my post or do you just not care?

DO NOT POST IN FREETHINKERS ANONYMOUS IF YOU ARE A THEIST. The rules of the forum are clear. Do it again and your post gets deleted. Do it a second time and you'll be banned.

Your god's silence speaks loud and clear


Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
Posts: 1477
Joined: 2009-01-23
User is offlineOffline
I don't hate them, I don't

I don't hate them, I don't pitty them. I don't really care. I wouldn't go so far as to call them victims. If they want to be theists that cool for them, im sure they get something out of it. I don't much care for the whole atheist vs theist thing.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.


ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
Posts: 562
Joined: 2009-02-22
User is offlineOffline
dead_again

dead_again wrote:

manofmanynames wrote:

EXC wrote:

Bravery and Cowardice are more BS concepts invented by moralists to manipulate irrational minds.

Jeffrick wrote:

EXC is quite right and you Jayhawker Soule (what ever that means) are devinly wrong................again....................but you are use to that.

Uhm, bravery and cowardice in meaning, are not man made creations, anymore that a sense of beauty is. An individual who risks his life to save a stranger, is a person who acted bravely, and very few of us will disagree with that. You don't have to be a moralist to say this individual was brave. Same can be said of cowardly but I'm sure the points been made. 

Did you just ignore my post or do you just not care?

DO NOT POST IN FREETHINKERS ANONYMOUS IF YOU ARE A THEIST. The rules of the forum are clear. Do it again and your post gets deleted. Do it a second time and you'll be banned.

Dude, chill out. I am a freethinker anonymous and I like the freedom to read theist posts in a no-theist zone.

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3909
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
manofmanynames wrote:Uhm,

manofmanynames wrote:

Uhm, bravery and cowardice in meaning, are not man made creations, anymore that a sense of beauty is. An individual who risks his life to save a stranger, is a person who acted bravely, and very few of us will disagree with that. You don't have to be a moralist to say this individual was brave. Same can be said of cowardly but I'm sure the points been made. 

What's beauty to one person is often ugly to another. It's an invention of the mind. Same with courage.

If a person risks his life this way, it could be a rational decision based on having a social conscience. So there is no reason why an amoral person like myself wouldn't act the same way as a person you call 'brave'. What do you get for being brave? Just a pat on the back. Why not reward  co called 'heros' with cash payments?

There's pleanty of so-called 'brave' solidiers that have died for worthless causes. What was there reward?

It's ridiculous to base one's decisions on what is brave. You don't jump out of a 10 story window to get to the ground and save time, you take the elevator.

 

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


Jayhawker Soule
Posts: 14
Joined: 2009-06-25
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote:Jayhawker

Jeffrick wrote:
Jayhawker Soule wrote:
EXC wrote:
Bravery and Cowardice are more BS concepts invented by moralists to manipulate irrational minds.
What drivel ...
      EXC is quite right and you Jayhawker Soule (what ever that means) are devinly wrong................again....................but you are use to that.

Your cleverness is more than a little underwhelming.


Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2007-01-18
User is offlineOffline
ZuS wrote:Dude, chill out. I

ZuS wrote:

Dude, chill out. I am a freethinker anonymous and I like the freedom to read theist posts in a no-theist zone.

No one is taking away your freedom to read his posts.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft


ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
Posts: 562
Joined: 2009-02-22
User is offlineOffline
Gauche wrote:ZuS wrote:Dude,

Gauche wrote:

ZuS wrote:

Dude, chill out. I am a freethinker anonymous and I like the freedom to read theist posts in a no-theist zone.

No one is taking away your freedom to read his posts.

If this means that his posts won't be deleted, I am happy.

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.


Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2007-01-18
User is offlineOffline
ZuS wrote:Gauche wrote:ZuS

ZuS wrote:

Gauche wrote:

ZuS wrote:

Dude, chill out. I am a freethinker anonymous and I like the freedom to read theist posts in a no-theist zone.

No one is taking away your freedom to read his posts.

If this means that his posts won't be deleted, I am happy.

It means he can post somewhere else, and you're free to read it.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft


ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
Posts: 562
Joined: 2009-02-22
User is offlineOffline
Gauche wrote:ZuS

Gauche wrote:

ZuS wrote:

Gauche wrote:

ZuS wrote:

Dude, chill out. I am a freethinker anonymous and I like the freedom to read theist posts in a no-theist zone.

No one is taking away your freedom to read his posts.

If this means that his posts won't be deleted, I am happy.

It means he can post somewhere else, and you're free to read it.

Damn, you pulled the unbeatable anal argument on me.. I can never beat the anal argument.

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.


ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
Posts: 562
Joined: 2009-02-22
User is offlineOffline
ZuS wrote:Gauche wrote:ZuS

ZuS wrote:

Gauche wrote:

ZuS wrote:

Gauche wrote:

ZuS wrote:

Dude, chill out. I am a freethinker anonymous and I like the freedom to read theist posts in a no-theist zone.

No one is taking away your freedom to read his posts.

If this means that his posts won't be deleted, I am happy.

It means he can post somewhere else, and you're free to read it.

Damn, you pulled the unbeatable anal argument on me.. I can never beat the anal argument.

But these concentric boxes look kinda kool.

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.


ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
Posts: 2265
Joined: 2009-03-26
User is offlineOffline
:3

ZuS wrote:

ZuS wrote:

Gauche wrote:

ZuS wrote:

Gauche wrote:

ZuS wrote:

Dude, chill out. I am a freethinker anonymous and I like the freedom to read theist posts in a no-theist zone.

No one is taking away your freedom to read his posts.

If this means that his posts won't be deleted, I am happy.

It means he can post somewhere else, and you're free to read it.

Damn, you pulled the unbeatable anal argument on me.. I can never beat the anal argument.

But these concentric boxes look kinda kool.

Stopit.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.


Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2007-01-18
User is offlineOffline
ZuS wrote:ZuS wrote:Gauche

ZuS wrote:

ZuS wrote:

Gauche wrote:

ZuS wrote:

Gauche wrote:

ZuS wrote:

Dude, chill out. I am a freethinker anonymous and I like the freedom to read theist posts in a no-theist zone.

No one is taking away your freedom to read his posts.

If this means that his posts won't be deleted, I am happy.

It means he can post somewhere else, and you're free to read it.

Damn, you pulled the unbeatable anal argument on me.. I can never beat the anal argument.

But these concentric boxes look kinda kool.

What do you care anyway? Who do you think you are, Rosa Parks or something?


 

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft


ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
Posts: 562
Joined: 2009-02-22
User is offlineOffline
Gauche wrote:ZuS wrote:ZuS

Gauche wrote:

ZuS wrote:

ZuS wrote:

Gauche wrote:

ZuS wrote:

Gauche wrote:

ZuS wrote:

Dude, chill out. I am a freethinker anonymous and I like the freedom to read theist posts in a no-theist zone.

No one is taking away your freedom to read his posts.

If this means that his posts won't be deleted, I am happy.

It means he can post somewhere else, and you're free to read it.

Damn, you pulled the unbeatable anal argument on me.. I can never beat the anal argument.

But these concentric boxes look kinda kool.

What do you care anyway? Who do you think you are, Rosa Parks or something?

I will be anyone you want me to, baby.

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.


Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2007-01-18
User is offlineOffline
Hey ClockCat, how come you

Hey ClockCat, how come you didn't post in my gay marriage thread?


ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
Posts: 2265
Joined: 2009-03-26
User is offlineOffline
o.o

...I didn't see it? o.o