Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right

Stoic
Stoic's picture
Posts: 27
Joined: 2009-05-11
User is offlineOffline
Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right

I've always thought of this statement as complete crap, but I've developed a theory to support my arguement I would like to see if you can point out any flaws to prove me wrong(not talking from my ass).

 

First off, double negatives; in the manner the phrase is spoken in "wrong" can likely be replaced with "negative," anywho, if I say "I will never not take the trash out," it means that I will always take the trash out, because if I never won't be taking the trash out. Anyway, that's just some early frosting on the cake, it doesn't do much to argue per se.

 

I think of fights like math problems. (Police/Bi Polar people don't count)

 

Multiplication: To negate a fight, you need to multiply what wrong has already happened.

-2*-2=4

You steal my TV, I cut off your arm. You're terrified/incapacitated.

 

Division: To negate a fight, you need to cut what has been done to you.

-9/-3=3

You yell at me, I say "Calm down," no offence is taken.

 

Addition and subtraction is where things get iffy.

 

Subtraction: To negate a fight, you need to do the opposite of what is done per se.

-3--3=0

You punch me in the mouth, I bake you a cake, a few guilty chuckles are thrown out no further offence is taken.

Now, the funny thing about subtraction is if the second number is if the second number is smaller than the first, my only defense is that your "opposite" wasn't good enough.

 

Addition: This provokes fights, you contribute small remakes of what is done.

-1+-1=-2

You bunch me, I punch you, and so on and so forth.

 

Ahem, twas dictated but not read, small errors may be around.

Dictated but not read.


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
Im having a hard time

Im having a hard time understanding where this is supposed to fit into reality... o_O


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5486
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
Two wrongs don't make a

Two wrongs don't make a right, by two rights make a U-turn

 

 


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Two

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Two wrongs don't make a right, by two rights make a U-turn

 

 

 

No, two Wrights made an airplane.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


The Flying Spag...
Science Freak
The Flying Spaghetti Monster's picture
Posts: 225
Joined: 2009-06-03
User is offlineOffline
Uhm, riiiiight...I'm a math

Uhm, riiiiight...

I'm a math major, and it just looks like you're making up shit and assigning variables so that they apply to your argument. I'll skip those...

Anyway, two wrongs don't make a right? How about making two mistakes, learning from those mistakes, to come to the correct conclusion? Or if that sounds too vague, robbing two federal banks that are backed up through insurance, to attain the money necessary to save the life of some transplant victim? Just to make it sweeter, the money backing up the federal bank was extorted from a third world country after we killed off their president to put in place a democratic leader? Smiling


Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliateSilver Member
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
Posts: 1388
Joined: 2007-03-29
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Two wrongs don't make a right, by two rights make a U-turn

 

 

 

No, two Wrights made an airplane.

 

Steven WRIGHT :  "The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
The Flying Spaghetti Monster

The Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote:

Anyway, two wrongs don't make a right? How about making two mistakes, learning from those mistakes, to come to the correct conclusion? Or if that sounds too vague, robbing two federal banks that are backed up through insurance, to attain the money necessary to save the life of some transplant victim? Just to make it sweeter, the money backing up the federal bank was extorted from a third world country after we killed off their president to put in place a democratic leader? Smiling

Human life is clearly not worth that kind of effort...

What Would Kharn Do?


The Flying Spag...
Science Freak
The Flying Spaghetti Monster's picture
Posts: 225
Joined: 2009-06-03
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul wrote:The

The Doomed Soul wrote:

The Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote:

Anyway, two wrongs don't make a right? How about making two mistakes, learning from those mistakes, to come to the correct conclusion? Or if that sounds too vague, robbing two federal banks that are backed up through insurance, to attain the money necessary to save the life of some transplant victim? Just to make it sweeter, the money backing up the federal bank was extorted from a third world country after we killed off their president to put in place a democratic leader? Smiling

Human life is clearly not worth that kind of effort...

Help some dying kid with a transplant and get a penis enlargement*

Have you ever seen dog day afternoon? Eye-wink


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
The Flying Spaghetti Monster

The Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote:

Help some dying kid with a transplant and get a penis enlargement*

Still... not worth the effort... need something "more" ^_^

 

The Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote:
Have you ever seen dog day afternoon? Eye-wink

Most likely, be damned if i can remember it though

What Would Kharn Do?


The Flying Spag...
Science Freak
The Flying Spaghetti Monster's picture
Posts: 225
Joined: 2009-06-03
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul wrote:The

The Doomed Soul wrote:

The Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote:

Help some dying kid with a transplant and get a penis enlargement*

Still... not worth the effort... need something "more" ^_^

 

The Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote:
Have you ever seen dog day afternoon? Eye-wink

Most likely, be damned if i can remember it though

Al Pacino robs a bank to pay for his boyfriend's sex change operation.


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
The Flying Spaghetti Monster

The Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote:

Al Pacino robs a bank to pay for his boyfriend's sex change operation.

 

This would explain why i dont remember it...

What Would Kharn Do?


The Flying Spag...
Science Freak
The Flying Spaghetti Monster's picture
Posts: 225
Joined: 2009-06-03
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul wrote:The

The Doomed Soul wrote:

The Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote:

Al Pacino robs a bank to pay for his boyfriend's sex change operation.

 

This would explain why i dont remember it...

It's actually a really good movie, but I'm surprised I saw it simply because it's so old and I typically hate older movies. Spoiled on the 90's + ;o


Stoic
Stoic's picture
Posts: 27
Joined: 2009-05-11
User is offlineOffline
The Flying Spaghetti Monster

The Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote:

Uhm, riiiiight...

I'm a math major, and it just looks like you're making up shit and assigning variables so that they apply to your argument. I'll skip those...

 

It's more of an analogy than an equation.

Dictated but not read.


The Flying Spag...
Science Freak
The Flying Spaghetti Monster's picture
Posts: 225
Joined: 2009-06-03
User is offlineOffline
Stoic wrote:The Flying

Stoic wrote:

The Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote:

Uhm, riiiiight...

I'm a math major, and it just looks like you're making up shit and assigning variables so that they apply to your argument. I'll skip those...

 

It's more of an analogy than an equation.

yeah, but it doesn't really serve a purpose when it can be used that way to prove any point.


Stoic
Stoic's picture
Posts: 27
Joined: 2009-05-11
User is offlineOffline
That's true. OK well, here's

That's true. OK well, here's the non-analogy sequel.

 

It boils down to the three parts of psychic apparatus:

 

Id - Seeks infinite pleasure at any cost (Primal instincts basically)

Ego - Seeks what the id wants in a planned manner (Conscious basically)

Superego - Seeks perfection (Subconscious basically)

 

When you're angry, your id takes over to fill in the open gap causing said anger. The id is mindless so to speak, it only wants what it wants, there are no consequences. You punch me, I punch you, and so on and so forth. What I'm trying to say is that two wrongs are inevitable if you have no control over your own mind(which in my opinion is just how humans tick, not necessarily trying to insult anyone) and if any god or evolutionary sequence occured to create us then we are meant to cause two wrongs. It may not be "right" socially per se, but social standards are our creation, naturally we are meant to do this. Social norms prove me wrong, but God and evolution are on my side assuming I'm right.

Dictated but not read.