Why ISN'T Jesus Returning To Earth Soon?

Cory_The_Ration...
User is offlineOffline
Why ISN'T Jesus Returning To Earth Soon?

besides the obvious "He doesn't exist" muhahhhhahahaahhhahahahhah

crazymonkie
Silver Member
crazymonkie's picture
User is offlineOffline
Because amalgamated mythical

Because amalgamated mythical figures don't come back. It's very hard to come back when you never existed in the first place.

OrdinaryClay wrote:
If you don't believe your non-belief then you don't believe and you must not be an atheist.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
...Oh, didn't you get the

...Oh, didn't you get the message?

He already dropped by, but he forgot the cheetos. Had to go back to pick them up.

You just missed him.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote:...Oh,

Kevin R Brown wrote:

He already dropped by, but he forgot the cheetos. Had to go back to pick them up.

You just missed him.

Can you ring him up and tell him to bring Doritoes? Way better imo.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
    What,      do

What,      do you think that this know all guy would want to come back to such a f<>ked up planet.

Signature ? How ?

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Didn't you guys get the

Didn't you guys get the memo?

He did come back in 1968. San Fransisco to be exact. Sadly for him, there were so many guys with really long hair, beards, simple clothing and spouting profound yet weird crap that nobody noticed yet another one.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cory_The_Rational_Dude

Cory_The_Rational_Dude wrote:

Why isn't Jesus Returning to Earth Soon?

besides the obvious "He doesn't exist" muhahhhhahahaahhhahahahhah

1)Since Yahweh the Father always changes his mind he hasn't made up his mind.

2)Would you come back here if you were tortured and executed on your last trip?

3)He lost the space time coordinates.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
When I was catholic I ate

When I was catholic I ate him as a Jeezit.

crazymonkie
Silver Member
crazymonkie's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am truly glad that my dad

I am truly glad that my dad rejected his family's Catholicism way before I was born.

I've never been to a Eucharist serivce, but I did go to a pre-funeral Catholic Mass for my grandmother way back in '90 or so. I was the second-youngest pall bearer (my brother was younger, by 3 years); we were the grandsons, that was our 'qualification' for being pall bearers. Go figure.

OrdinaryClay wrote:
If you don't believe your non-belief then you don't believe and you must not be an atheist.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Ken G.

Ken G. wrote:

What,      do you think that this know all guy would want to come back to such a f<>ked up planet.

Criminal returning to the scene of the crime?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

TheHermit
TheHermit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Too many crosses

Too many crosses around.

After the last time, those things give him the willies.

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
TheHermit wrote:Too many

TheHermit wrote:

Too many crosses around.

After the last time, those things give him the willies.

Yeah he still has the scars.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

crazymonkie
Silver Member
crazymonkie's picture
User is offlineOffline
Including the whips from the

Including the whips from the Roman-style cat-o-nine tails? (BTW- that's not the cat-o-nine tails most people think of- that type is a more recent invention... no, the type Jesus would have been beaten with would have been more like a trident with bits of metal at the the end sharp enough to cut glass, and they were called flagra [singular flagrum.])

Here: http://naturesdesignsonline.com/Cat-of-nine-tails.htm

Yet more proof (indirect, I will grant that) that the Gospel accounts are bunk. Though the irony, of course, is that the guy who did this is more than a bit of religious nut job. Read as much as you can; it's entertaining. And informative (when it comes to the scourges, anyway.)

OrdinaryClay wrote:

peppermint
Superfan
peppermint's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote:...Oh,

Kevin R Brown wrote:

You just missed him.

*Our world is far more complex than the rigid structure we want to assign to it, and we will probably never fully understand it.*

"Those believers who are sophisticated enough to understand the paradox have found exciting ways to bend logic into pretzel shapes in order to defend the indefensible." - Hamby

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
I grounded him. After that

I grounded him. After that least massacre in his name I told him "No rapture for you!"

willman (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
When you die and go to hell,

When you die and go to hell, your eyes will be opened. I accept and will read all email sent to me

carx
carx's picture
User is offlineOffline
 And if you die and

willman wrote:

When you die and go to hell, your eyes will be opened. I accept and will read all email sent to me

And if you die and don’t get to Valhalla you will realize that Christianity is nonsense made up. You will be sorry that you didn’t pillage in the name of Odin.    PS I’m a atheist if you didn’t realize this.

Warning I’m not a native English speaker.

http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=281515 DDR and game sound track download

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
willman wrote:When you die

willman wrote:

When you die and cease to exist, it will be far too late to start accepting reality. On the other hand, if we wake up in hell, it will be painfully obvious that there is a god, and we'll adjust our positions accordingly.

Either way, you're fucked. Either way, we win.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ken G.

Ken G. wrote:

God himself must have a very frustrated parent because he never seems to want to clean up his own mess.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog