Dogs

Dracos
User is offlineOffline
Dogs

A big thing in the paper in recent weeks has been about dogs around  the trials about  the  city of Missoula, Montana.  I have given this some thought.  If you are jogging up a trail  and you look behind you and see a pack of of dogs chargingup behind you , who would not be scared?  If these are my dogs you should ignor them.  They will ignor you.  If you spray them them with poison they will be pissed off and so will I.

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Do you have a link for us to

Do you have a link for us to look at?

Thankee sai

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

Desdenova
atheist
Desdenova's picture
User is offlineOffline
How ironic that I've always

How ironic that I've always said that if you see me running, it means that there is a pack of dogs chasing me.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Save a tree, eat a vegetarian.

Sometimes " The Majority " only means that all the fools are on the same side.

Dracos
User is offlineOffline
Look behind you and you are behind persued!

That would be horrid.  Cesar would say.  Be errect be  the alpha.   I wold say that a dog is as dangerous as a gun.  I love my dogs but unless you are traning to  a dog to be a guard  dog .  do not encouragr him to be agressive.  My dogs will attack a wolf or a coyot or a cugar.  But They will nto attack you.

Dracos
User is offlineOffline
The Mossoulian newspapre letters to the editor

I really don't  know what to say.  Missoula is an hour away.  My dogs are really social.  They let me know if the livestock are being attacked.    When i go on vaction  I leave my doors unlocked so my neighbors can borrow stuff.  They protect my house and I protect theirs.  The dogs territory overlaps.

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dracos wrote:That would be

Dracos wrote:
That would be horrid.  Cesar would say.  Be errect be  the alpha.   I wold say that a dog is as dangerous as a gun.  I love my dogs but unless you are traning to  a dog to be a guard  dog .  do not encouragr him to be agressive.  My dogs will attack a wolf or a coyot or a cugar.  But They will nto attack you.

This is due to dogs being pack animals, and the better trained the dog the more it sees its owner as the pack leader.  Badly trained dogs usually see themselves as equal or higher on the pecking order than their owners, so that's the first thing many if not most trainers change between dog & owner before going on to other things.  The dog is generally happier being a subordinate too.

Because the dog puts a human in to the leader of the pack role generally, it associates other humans in similar veign.  As being members of the extended pack or at the very least creatures to treat well unless otherwise provoked.  This is why most dogs won't attack a human, but they will attack wolves, coyotes and cougars.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

PorkChop
Rational VIP!SuperfanSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
Several years ago in my

Several years ago in my town, there was a pack of dogs that roamed one of the main sorority streets here. (college town)  The pack consisted of many dogs owned by college students that didn't really keep good tabs on them...so they ran amok...chasing exercisers and such in the early morning hours.  I believe a couple of folks were bitten.

Dogs can easily revert to pack mentality...just as people can into the mob mentality.  Maintaining Alphaness is number one on the list when having big dogs.

But to address the OP...I would be frightened to see a pack of critters coming at me in the woods, but I would instinctively "bow up" and talk very sternly to them.  I've had to do it before...t makes for some shakey knees once the situation abates.

I think being shredded by dogs would be a horrid way to go...I might rather be burned or something.

Dracos
User is offlineOffline
Dogs

I don't know but I think being torn to bits by dogs would be a horrid way to go.  That is why every deer  I have killed has thanked me for being delicious.  If you are atacked by a profesional dog, do not run!  Sit down and protect your vital organs.  If you are atacked by wild dogs {you can find them in a city]  Throw matches at them, or light a lighter.  It works.  More later.  D

Desdenova
atheist
Desdenova's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dracos wrote:  If you are

Dracos wrote:

If you are atacked by a profesional dog, do not run!  Sit down and protect your vital organs.  If you are atacked by wild dogs {you can find them in a city]  Throw matches at them, or light a lighter.  It works.  More later.  D

Or simply hose them with your Tommy gun. Their bleeding to death seems to deter them nicely.

Dracos
User is offlineOffline
Dog Attack

How often do you carry a Tompson 1927.  They are beautiful and effective, but expensive and sometimes have terrible triggers.  D

Desdenova
atheist
Desdenova's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dracos wrote:How often do

Dracos wrote:

How often do you carry a Tompson 1927.  They are beautiful and effective, but expensive and sometimes have terrible triggers.  D

Seriously? Not very damn often. Have you ever lugged one around? Not exactly a weapon you want to travel on foot with because of its weight and bulk, and the drum rattles when you move. I'll stick to my glock 21  at my shoulder and my old firestar as backup. I hang on to the Tommy because it is a beautiful weapon with a fascinating history, and because of the intimidation factor it possesses.