Bob Spence is a moron [Trollville]

chuckg6261982
TheistTroll
Posts: 78
Joined: 2008-11-29
User is offlineOffline
Bob Spence is a moron [Trollville]

MOD EDIT:

Some day, I may learn to appreciate what it means to follow a code of conduct. Smiling

 

 

 

PROUDLY MOVED TO TROLLVILLE BY SAPIENT


HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
Posts: 4100
Joined: 2008-02-21
User is offlineOffline
chuckg6261982 wrote:Why the

chuckg6261982 wrote:

Why the HELL would anyone post their phone number and contact information on the internet for everyone to see?

[edited out link]

You'll notice it's an advertising page. He's advertising his contract programming services and image processing services. So ... I guess Bob should thank you for the spam ??

Sorry, why is he a moron again?

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5850
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Encouraging - I am obviously

Encouraging - I am obviously getting to this person to the point that he(?) is casting around desperately for any reason to denigrrate me, since he has not been able to demolish my counter arguments....

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
Posts: 4100
Joined: 2008-02-21
User is offlineOffline
 You've driven him to

 You've driven him to something - I think he just asked for my phone number.


Luckhuda
Luckhuda's picture
Posts: 16
Joined: 2008-02-06
User is offlineOffline
Oh cool, Bob, I reside in

Oh cool, Bob, I reside in Brisbane aswell, I knew there was a reason I particularly enjoyed reading your posts Sticking out tongue

Oh and chuck, until I saw this I thought you were merely uneducated in the topics you were attempting to discuss, but now I can see that you really are just stupid

He was one of those men who think that the world can be saved by writing a pamphlet. - Benjamin Disraeli


chuckg6261982
TheistTroll
Posts: 78
Joined: 2008-11-29
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote:Encouraging

BobSpence1 wrote:

Encouraging - I am obviously getting to this person to the point that he(?) is casting around desperately for any reason to denigrrate me, since he has not been able to demolish my counter arguments....

I've demolished all of your arguments.  You are the one who didn't have the balls to finish out the morality debate with me... because you saw that I deliberately casted out your minions when I said that I would debate you only and would ignore all of their posts.  When you realized that there would be no ganging up, you chickened out.


HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
Posts: 4100
Joined: 2008-02-21
User is offlineOffline
chuckg6261982 wrote:I've

chuckg6261982 wrote:

I've demolished all of your arguments.  You are the one who didn't have the balls to finish out the morality debate with me... because you saw that I deliberately casted out your minions when I said that I would debate you only and would ignore all of their posts.  When you realized that there would be no ganging you, you chickened out.

If you don't read Bob's posts, that doesn't mean he chickened out. That means you didn't ... oh nevermind.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence


zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
Posts: 1230
Joined: 2006-11-16
User is offlineOffline
chuckg6261982 wrote:I've

chuckg6261982 wrote:

I've demolished all of your arguments.  You are the one who didn't have the balls to finish out the morality debate with me...

Yes.  You certainly have the last word on morality, as someone who levels insults at your interlocutors, and pries on the internet for their personal information.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Can this dillhole do

Can this dillhole do anything besides insult people?


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Nope - he's a Christian.

Nope - he's a Christian.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5850
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
chuckg6261982

chuckg6261982 wrote:

BobSpence1 wrote:

Encouraging - I am obviously getting to this person to the point that he(?) is casting around desperately for any reason to denigrrate me, since he has not been able to demolish my counter arguments....

I've demolished all of your arguments.  You are the one who didn't have the balls to finish out the morality debate with me... because you saw that I deliberately casted out your minions when I said that I would debate you only and would ignore all of their posts.  When you realized that there would be no ganging up, you chickened out.

Seriously, which thread are you referring to? I have been responding to you on several threads. Is there one I have missed?

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


Diagoras23
atheist
Diagoras23's picture
Posts: 77
Joined: 2008-11-25
User is offlineOffline
A failing argument........

A failing argument often relies on personal insult.

Therefore I would like to state that you are all very silly, in a very personal way.

Bob, I am in Brisbane / Noosa for Christmas and the New Year. I own south east Queensland. We should exchange numbers. On this post. For all to see.

I'm the alpha Atheist here.

lol

Happy Christian hijacking of pagan festivals everyone.

PS Collectively "your mothers" *pronounced in polite formal tone*

Who would want to finish what they have said with the same thing everytime?


L0ather
Theist
Posts: 4
Joined: 2008-12-06
User is offlineOffline
Bobspence is probably very

Bobspence is probably very frustrating to deal with. No worries though. Notice how he dodged my topic regarding Quranic miracles. Btw, I can take on all theists ganging up on me at the same time. Eye-wink


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5850
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
L0ather wrote:Bobspence is

L0ather wrote:
Bobspence is probably very frustrating to deal with. No worries though. Notice how he dodged my topic regarding Quranic miracles. Btw, I can take on all theists ganging up on me at the same time. Eye-wink

Apologies - I spent more time on answering some ongoing threads than I expected.

I wanted to wait till I had time to read and consider your arguments adequately, as a new poster. I am actually splitting my time with doing actual paid work on my computer(s).

Never fear I will find some time soon. It's a while since I've pwned a Muslim... last was some guy from Pakistan who was so impressed with the quality of my logic he invited me to come over and work for his father's software company... seriously.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


Diagoras23
atheist
Diagoras23's picture
Posts: 77
Joined: 2008-11-25
User is offlineOffline
Huge Applause

The crowd roars.

Riddle me this. Do you think the actual conversion rate from a true atheist to religion is zero?

I do, for all the right reasons.

Who would want to finish what they have said with the same thing everytime?


L0ather
Theist
Posts: 4
Joined: 2008-12-06
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote: L0ather

BobSpence1 wrote:

L0ather wrote:
Bobspence is probably very frustrating to deal with. No worries though. Notice how he dodged my topic regarding Quranic miracles. Btw, I can take on all theists ganging up on me at the same time. Eye-wink

Apologies - I spent more time on answering some ongoing threads than I expected.

I wanted to wait till I had time to read and consider your arguments adequately, as a new poster. I am actually splitting my time with doing actual paid work on my computer(s).

Never fear I will find some time soon. It's a while since I've pwned a Muslim... last was some guy from Pakistan who was so impressed with the quality of my logic he invited me to come over and work for his father's software company... seriously.

Ok, I take my words back and apologize. Yes, it was pretty presumptuous of me to say that and yes you probably have work to do. Just make sure you don't ignore me.

Btw, the reason you haven't pwned a muslim is because unlike Christianity, Islam is the one true religion and has the only book which has been unaltered through the times, and has flawless text, the literal word god. The bible on the other hand was written by humans and may have been corrupted. For this reason alone, while you atheists may focus on trying to slander Christianity, you will never be able to take down Islam since everything in the Quran is rooted in logic and there are numerous miracles embedded there of scientific discoveries far before their time. After all, why do you think Islam is the fastest growing religion? Islam will dominate the world.

Anyways, I look forward to a responce from you on 2 different topics that I started here over the course of the next couple of days, because as I've been browsing the forums, you've angered me with many of your remarks about religion and god.


DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
Posts: 666
Joined: 2008-02-15
User is offlineOffline
L0ather wrote:. After all,

L0ather wrote:
. After all, why do you think Islam is the fastest growing religion? Islam will dominate the world.

You know what else grows fast?  The fungus in my crotch and the bacteria in my intestines.  

"The whole conception of God is a conception derived from ancient Oriental despotisms. It is a conception quite unworthy of free men."
--Bertrand Russell


Luckhuda
Luckhuda's picture
Posts: 16
Joined: 2008-02-06
User is offlineOffline
L0ather wrote:[ Islam will

L0ather wrote:
Islam will dominate the world.

Wishful thinking

 


Badbark
Posts: 94
Joined: 2008-01-14
User is offlineOffline
L0ather wrote:After all, why

L0ather wrote:
After all, why do you think Islam is the fastest growing religion?

- Because of higher birth rates in third world countries were Islam dominates, and its savage intolerance of other religions (or lack of) in these countries.

L0ather wrote:

I've been browsing the forums, you've angered me with many of your remarks about religion and god.

An angry Muslim, now there's a first.....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MY9a6Oy8UVI&feature=channel_page


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3716
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is onlineOnline
Diagoras23 wrote:The crowd

Diagoras23 wrote:

The crowd roars.

Riddle me this. Do you think the actual conversion rate from a true atheist to religion is zero?

I do, for all the right reasons.

Aw, don't use that word. Unless you're ridiculing theists' true scotsman fallacies.

badbark wrote:
An angry Muslim, now there's a first.....

Lol.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


BMcD
Posts: 777
Joined: 2006-12-20
User is offlineOffline
Badbark wrote: L0ather

Badbark wrote:

 

L0ather wrote:

I've been browsing the forums, you've angered me with many of your remarks about religion and god.

An angry Muslim, now there's a first.....

No no, that's good. Anger's a sincere reaction. Anger's an honest emotion. It's not like happiness or friendliness or compassion, where people fake it in order to get along. Anger's real. And that's good. That's a good reaction to have.

The question though, L0ather, is why get angry?

Anger's part of the fight/flight mechanic. It's one of the competing impulses we feel toward things that are perceived as threats. Now, those threats don't have to be bodily threats, or even physical ones, or even threats against us. They can be something as remote as threats against how we'd like things to go. We get angry, for example, when our soccer team doesn't play well because that threatens the outcome we'd prefer: that they win.

So why get angry? What threat do you feel we present? Is it just that we're not letting things go the way you'd prefer: that everyone believe in Allah and the Prophet? If so, that's a totally legit thing, and I completely understand. But it's useful to question whether, in fact, that's the cause, or if there's something bigger or deeper.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna try to twist your anger around to some kind of insecurity about us threatening Islam. I'm me. Muslims outnumber me. I tend not to think I can win a fistfight against that many people. As Ron White once said 'I didn't know how many of them it would take to kick my ass... but I knew how many they were gonna use'.

All I'm saying is that anger is a sincere, honest, real reaction... and that when we get angry, it's worth taking a moment to examine it and understand why. And maybe learn something from one another's anger, eh?

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons." - The Waco Kid


HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
Posts: 4100
Joined: 2008-02-21
User is offlineOffline
L0ather wrote:Btw, the

L0ather wrote:
Btw, the reason you haven't pwned a muslim is because unlike Christianity, Islam is the one true religion and has the only book which has been unaltered through the times, and has flawless text, the literal word god.

Oh, well then. You do realize, of course, that Christians claim the same thing? I mean exactly the same thing. So I guess both groups are right.

L0ather wrote:
For this reason alone, while you atheists may focus on trying to slander Christianity, you will never be able to take down Islam since everything in the Quran is rooted in logic and there are numerous miracles embedded there of scientific discoveries far before their time.

Not so fast, Captain Islam. Let's look at these miracles in a harsher light. I'm sure you'd agree that modern medical science has given us an amazing arsenal of therapeutic techniques - it's really the crowning achievement of the culture of science. In that culture of science (to which many of us here belong in one way or another) we examine specific things and determine their validity, regardless of our personal bias against them. So if you have something that you need to present as "miraculous", that's fine, but I find it highly unlikely that a deity wrote down the words in the Koran. Men write down words, and gods never show up.

L0ather wrote:
After all, why do you think Islam is the fastest growing religion?

That's funny, Scientology claims the same thing. But if it were true, I'd guess an idiotic Western foreign policy for the past 100 years in predominantly Muslim oil-producing countries. Or, in the case of Iran, an imposed Muslim order.

L0ather wrote:
Islam will dominate the world. Anyways, I look forward to a responce from you on 2 different topics that I started here over the course of the next couple of days, because as I've been browsing the forums, you've angered me with many of your remarks about religion and god.

Please, please don't take what is said here personally. I beg you. First, because this is the internet, and people say things that they wouldn't in person. (That's both a good and bad thing.) Second, because there are people on the forums who will just bait you and try to make you angry for their personal amusement. Please don't fall for it and leave thinking we're all completely unreasonable people.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13665
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
BobSpence1 wrote:Encouraging

BobSpence1 wrote:

Encouraging - I am obviously getting to this person to the point that he(?) is casting around desperately for any reason to denigrrate me, since he has not been able to demolish my counter arguments....

Must have been a Faux News report by O'crappy. We now return you to your regularly schedualed thread, already in progress.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
Posts: 1230
Joined: 2006-11-16
User is offlineOffline
L0ather wrote:Bobspence is

L0ather wrote:
Bobspence is probably very frustrating to deal with. No worries though. Notice how he dodged my topic regarding Quranic miracles. Btw, I can take on all theists ganging up on me at the same time. Eye-wink

Interesting that you would take the trouble to note that Bob in particular had not contributed to your post, yet couldn't be bothered responding to the several others who already had contributed.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††