Unions and christianity

orozn
User is offlineOffline
Unions and christianity

I have lived in Jacksonville FL most of my life and i work in the IBEW now i love electrical work i also am a big fan of the brotherness and good intentions of all the members its just that everyone is so christian it sickens me one of the first things i was i was asked by numerous people was " have you accepted Jesus Christ as you savior" and since i am a mostly honest person my answer was "no" the look of scorn on his face just like like many others was not only disgusting but scary i thought iwas about to be stoned so i quickley brushed it off as a joke to escape futher harassment, but now i just refuse to talk about religion and for the crazy religious fanatics i just say uh huh.-

so that being said my question is Is it just the bible belt unions or all american unions that push the christian faith?

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
Scarey

My brother, whom I am house sitting for right now, is also a member of that particular union and yes they are very religious.  He also belong to a group known as "Hardhats For Christ".  Is this annoying? Yes.   Even without a union, the workplace should be religion free.

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Looking for converts

Looking for converts on the job, was something that I've experienced in Philly and I was working for the UAW,but it was only one other worker that was a pain in the ASS,always talking about Jesus,God and Church and wanted other workers to go to church in order to make them better people ,hence better workers.but thanks to the shop Stewart,he transferred this BoZo to a different department .Jesus freaks make me think about ,how when your young,your parents tell you,that if you smoke  it'll stunt your growth,but I have found that religious beliefs stunts the growth even more so and yet we're encouraged to have a belief system.    

Signature ? How ?

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
i would send in an anonymous

i would send in an anonymous complaint.  this is the exact type of workplace harassment the union is supposed to protect you from.

orozn
User is offlineOffline
as bad as i wanted to report

as bad as i wanted to report it, it's my opinion that that is an infringement on the 1st amendment and the union still has not got my 2000+ dollars my company owes me. so i just leave it be besides im sure his beloved god shows how much he loves him. he has had a "hell" of a year Sticking out tongue

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hmmm...Being forced to kiss

Hmmm...

Being forced to kiss jebuses ass to belong to a union just might to be a federal offense

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
Any luck

Now that we have had more than our share of bad luck dealing with employment issues here, have you brought this topic to your human resources department?