The weirdest form of brainwashing I have seen.

lazuli13
Scientist
lazuli13's picture
User is offlineOffline
The weirdest form of brainwashing I have seen.

So at my job Friday the only other technician decided to bring some home made catfish stew to work. (he is the only other person I sorta trust there) It was good, but I found some bits in it. I examined them closely and it was bits of the pages of the bible. The pieces were not small, but big and contained whole verses, and I really didn't want to believe it, but there it is. He has always taken issue with me not believing. They are literally trying to feed me the bible down here in SC to get me to convert. I know their intentions are good, but come on, dammit. This is weird. How can a man so intelligent, that I look up to, be so foolish. Feed me the f-ing bible? Give me a break. I wish I could feed him some reason but he would probably choke to death on a fossil or a real book. 

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here's what you do.  (And

Here's what you do.  (And do it quickly.) 

1) Very quietly, pack up everything of value that will fit in a suitcase.

2) Grab as much money as you have laying around.

3) Get into your car.

4) Pick a highway.

5) Drive.

Do not look back.  Do not go back for any other belongings.  Do not call anyone to tell them where you are.  Take any trustworthy loved ones with you, but put a bag over their head so they can't find their way back.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

magilum
User is offlineOffline
I've got some chowder for

I've got some chowder for him.

entomophila
ScientistSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
eating the bible

Just pray that he didn't pee on it first!

Death Dragoon
Bronze Member
Death Dragoon's picture
User is offlineOffline
If it was me, i'd write down

If it was me, i'd write down E=mc2 on a piece of paper and shove it up his ass.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:If it was me, i'd

Quote:
If it was me, i'd write down E=mc2 on a piece of paper and shove it up his ass.

Disclaimer:  The RRS does not encourage nor condone violence against anyone, including theists.  Any recommendations of actions such as this are the sole opinion of the poster, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the RRS or any of its core members, moderators, or partners.  Please attempt relativity enemas only at your own risk, and with full knowledge of applicable laws.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

Books about atheism

Death Dragoon
Bronze Member
Death Dragoon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Lol

Lol

PorkChop
Rational VIP!SuperfanSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
lazuli13 wrote: I examined

lazuli13 wrote:

I examined them closely and it was bits of the pages of the bible. The pieces were not small, but big and contained whole verses, and I really didn't want to believe it, but there it is.

Is that "bible-legal"? 

Really though...that is just strange.  Sounds like those crazy, backwoods females that put a little of their monthly menses in their man's food every month so's he'll never go astray.  People are just feaky.

I think Hamby's right:  run away!  run away!

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
I wouldnt trust this guy

I wouldnt trust this guy again.

He's nuts.

greek goddess
Rational VIP!Science Freak
greek goddess's picture
User is offlineOffline
PorkChop wrote:Sounds like

PorkChop wrote:

Sounds like those crazy, backwoods females that put a little of their monthly menses in their man's food every month so's he'll never go astray.  People are just feaky.

They do what now? I've never heard of that before... gross!

And yes lazuli, run FAR away...

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gahh! It's spine-tingling,

Gahh! It's spine-tingling, hair-raising CREEPY.

I think Hamby's right, time to find new digs. That or learn to be paranoid, check everything.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

AmericanIdle
User is offlineOffline
When anyone knowingly &

When anyone knowingly & surreptitiously serves another food, that contains items they know are not food, they have in a sense poisoned the consumer.  While most papers/inks are not poisonous, some of them do contain dioxins which can cause long term health effects.  And you have no way of knowing where that paper had been (or what sex-addict evangelist) might have handled it before it got dropped into your catfish stew. 

In places where people think beyond childhood fairy tales, the local law would probably consider this illegal.  I'd definitely re-consider that "sorta trust" thing about your co-worker... and i'm in agreement w/ everyone else.

It's downright creepy. 

Fill your tank & head out of town.

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
George Orwell

lazuli13
Scientist
lazuli13's picture
User is offlineOffline
As soon as my lease is up

As soon as my lease is up I am out of here. I need to get a year in at this job so I can put that on my resume. I am thinking somewhere close to the ocean. There are women around here that will put their blood in your food. They usually put it in spaghetti. They think it makes you fall in love and never cheat. I even caught one of my exes with some voodoo dolls. She was from New Orleans. Weird stuff going on down here in the south.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I've heard of that thing

I've heard of that thing with the blood in spaghetti. That's disgusting. Not to mention an extremely irrational belief.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah... the deep south is a

Yeah... the deep south is a scary place.  New Orleans is especially strange.  I used to live very close to it.  Great place to visit.  Wouldn't want to live there.  (Also, I haven't been back since the hurricane.  I imagine it's still pretty bad.)

You gotta avoid the midwest, too.  Ohio has some crazy fundy-ness, as does Missouri, Kansas, and pretty much every square-ish state in the midwest.

Actually, I hear that Sweden is a nice place...  Lots of tall blondes.

Books about atheism

AmericanIdle
User is offlineOffline
lazuli13 wrote:As soon as my

lazuli13 wrote:

As soon as my lease is up I am out of here. I need to get a year in at this job so I can put that on my resume. I am thinking somewhere close to the ocean. There are women around here that will put their blood in your food. They usually put it in spaghetti. They think it makes you fall in love and never cheat. I even caught one of my exes with some voodoo dolls. She was from New Orleans. Weird stuff going on down here in the south.

Does it bother anyone else that "normal" xtian behavior in the south resembles a Stephen King Horror plotline ?

What is this....Children of the Corn ? 

George Orwell

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
... i just facepalmed so

... i just facepalmed so hard, that i think i broke my nose -_-

AmericanIdle
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul wrote:... i

The Doomed Soul wrote:

... i just facepalmed so hard, that i think i broke my nose -_-

If there's any blood we could really use some for the pasta !

George Orwell

Balrogoz
User is offlineOffline
lazuli13 wrote:As soon as my

lazuli13 wrote:

As soon as my lease is up I am out of here. I need to get a year in at this job so I can put that on my resume. I am thinking somewhere close to the ocean.

I wouldn't be hoping to hang on a little longer, I'd be filing a complaint with HR and calling a lawyer.  That's crazy on a level where I would fear for my well being.  If they're going to feed you the bible then who knows what they're doing to your car or your keyboard or whatever.  That is a special kind of creepy.  

lazuli13 wrote:
There are women around here that will put their blood in your food. They usually put it in spaghetti. They think it makes you fall in love and never cheat.

... usually?..   usually?!!  There's a usually for this behavior?  I knew that there was a tradition somewhere in the world (Spain, perhaps) where afterbirth is cooked into a meal.  I thought that was disgusting, but at least the eater knew it was there.  Seriously...  That;s..  that's unspeakable...

lazuli13 wrote:
I even caught one of my exes with some voodoo dolls. She was from New Orleans. Weird stuff going on down here in the south.

After the other stuff voodoo dolls seems downright tame.  At least it doesn't involve you ingesting unknown detritus.  Ugh...

If I have gained anything by damning myself, it is that I no longer have anything to fear. - JP Sartre

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Balrogoz wrote:I knew that

Balrogoz wrote:

I knew that there was a tradition somewhere in the world (Spain, perhaps) where afterbirth is cooked into a meal.  I thought that was disgusting, but at least the eater knew it was there.  Seriously...  That;s..  that's unspeakable...

As disgusting as that may be... i believe there is method to the madness, is after-birth not an incredibly... uh... nutrient rich material? Im guessing that in ye ole days, when food was scarce (famine and what not) that a new mother might need to retain at much of the... >.>... as possible.

But my question is... how the hell did pre-dark age flunkies figure this out o_O?

What Would Kharn Do?

nikimoto
nikimoto's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:As disgusting as that

Quote:

As disgusting as that may be... i believe there is method to the madness, is after-birth not an incredibly... uh... nutrient rich material? Im guessing that in ye ole days, when food was scarce (famine and what not) that a new mother might need to retain at much of the... >.>... as possible.

But my question is... how the hell did pre-dark age flunkies figure this out o_O?

From watching other animals, I would guess.... I mean, they would have figured out the stuff was edible from watching dogs etc....but not that it was highly nutritious, I guess.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:But my question is...

Quote:

Abject hunger?

Books about atheism

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
menses

PorkChop wrote:

lazuli13 wrote:

I examined them closely and it was bits of the pages of the bible. The pieces were not small, but big and contained whole verses, and I really didn't want to believe it, but there it is.

Is that "bible-legal"? 

Really though...that is just strange.  Sounds like those crazy, backwoods females that put a little of their monthly menses in their man's food every month so's he'll never go astray.  People are just feaky.

You don't need backwoods types for that menses shtick;   It is  a somewhat commen type of revenge  for   coolie girls in Guyana South America.    Borrowed from  West African slaves in the early 19th  century, it comes from a local version of voodoo called  Buccoo,  they would use it as a form of poison for revenge  not a love potion.  Most Guyanese would consider it freaky but it still happens.

As for you Lazuli  eather sue the fruit cake and let him explain in court under oath why he thinks it would work or pack up and get out of town.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Kay Cat
Superfan
Kay Cat's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm going to second everyone

I'm going to second everyone who says leave and don't look back, suing the ass off any of the people there sounds like a visit to Redemption land. You'd be lucky to get out alive.

Vote for McCain... www.therealmccain.com ...and he'll bring Jesus back

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
A general rule: If you're

A general rule: If you're ever in the woods and hear a banjo play the music from deliverance, run like a motherfucker!

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

anniet
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
Think of the stories you

Think of the stories you have to tell now.  People pay lots of money to go to foreign countries and have trippiness ensue.  You just found a way to get the experience for free!    Just watch your back until your trip is over and you can come home.

"I am that I am." - Proof that the writers of the bible were beyond stoned.

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
Scared

I have to agree with these answers.  Run like hell, these people are not sane.  This is scary shit.  I have to wonder is the HR office would help?  I want to think they would but only if you have an attorney with you.  Can you get anymore of that soup?  Maybe there is something in the water down south that would cause people to behave this way.

Magus
High Level DonorModerator
Magus's picture
User is offlineOffline
You should have given it

You should have given it back to them. "I am returning your book, it ended up being a piece of crap".

Sounds made up...
Agnostic Atheist
No, I am not angry at your imaginary friends or enemies.