Pity

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Pity

Do any of you ever feel pity for the Christians who come on here and spew the same old shit only to get completely PWNED? I don't. All it would take would be to read through a bit to not get embarassed.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
I feel no pity for those

I feel no pity for those that come in spewing the same recycled bullshit because I truly feel they are either the same person or within a group of the same people with no intent on trying to convert, simply trying to stir shit up.

Now I DO have pity for those that come in and seem to feel concern for our eternal souls...they seem to truly believe and be frightened for us. I feel they are the ones that need the most help.

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
No i do not

Those that come in here have access to the internet as such they have access to information and they have the ability to make a rational decision once they have the information, if they opt to actually question it. If they don't it's their decision. As such I have no pity for them.

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm not surprised that

I'm not surprised that theists say the same things repeatedly. They are coming from the same cookie cutter.

The pseudofranchise, Mctheism, has processed 100s of millions of duplicate believerburghers despite the fact that it is loaded with unhealthy mental plaque.

It makes people feel good with a quick fix. Theism, the legal drug.

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.

Gamage90
Gamage90's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well i've yet to hear a

Well i've yet to hear a Christian theory that can change my views. They're usually very weak.

atheist.spirit
User is offlineOffline
 Christians are trapped in

Christians are trapped in a belief system that they had no choice in choosing, in many cases. I feel very sorry for them, but I also feel optimistic that we can lead them into the light of reason.

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pity

Well it all depends...

If some pathetic dolt has been made so afraid to live his or her life because of the stories about an invisible scumbag who lives in the sky who is going to banish them to an eternity of torture should they not be miserable bastards here on Earth...then yeah,,,I kind of *do* pity them, because they are throwing their lives away for nothing.

But if some self-righteous, indignatious douche bag is using his or her alleged "faith" as a means to express their hatred or bigotry...and should they have a burning desire to tell other people how to live *thier* lives...well...as far as I'm concerned, they can grow an inoperable brain tumor, dribble into a cup, and get wheeled around in agonizing pain until they have to sell their jewelry to buy groceries. 

Not that I have any real feelings on the subject or anything.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for that, Mr. Wood

Thanks for that,  Mr. Wood s  ie !  My girlfriends really like guys, so lucky blessed some are ! Praise them ....

Non-Mon Guide                                
Betcha can't eat just one.  

http://www.unlearnnow.com/nonmon.html

Hope our friend MattShizzle gets some relief out of that ! Them girls can't help it ! Help set them free .....

Andy Williams - "Born Free"      
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZHaQ3C3xQo

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
I pity the fool!

I pity the fool!

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Man, Mr T was me hero when I

Man, Mr T was me hero when I was a kid (like age 8 to about 11.)

Dragonfire5287
Superfan
Dragonfire5287's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think of Christian online

I think of Christian online fundies as new puppies to play with and then watch them run out in front of the truck of logic.  I'd cry for the puppy, not the fundie.

Bulldog
Superfan
Bulldog's picture
User is offlineOffline
No pity here, especially for

No pity here, especially for those fundies who keep returning time after time with the same ignorant tripe.

"Erecting the 'wall of separation between church and state,' therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society." Thomas Jefferson
www.myspace.com/kenhill5150

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
No. Pity takes the fun out

No. Pity takes the fun out of it.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Yes, but the pity takes the

Yes, but the pity takes the fun out of it .... indeed.  (yang)

Who bringith this pity ?   Who bringith Stupidity and ignorance to this land!  

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods, can you kill

Rich Woods, can you kill that signature?  Seriously, it's larger than the following 3 posts combined!

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

Jello
User is offlineOffline
I feel pity for people who

I feel pity for people who feel pity

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't like when a

I don't like when a christianic person full of good will comes here and is repelled by cynicism. Fundies deserves it, but I've met several wonderful American christians and people like them certainly do have a benefit in form of their current faith, or despite of it, if you say it so. Mystical experiences are available to everyone under many forms, to atheists as well (I'm an example). No matter what people think about their basis, it's the same principle which causes mystical experiences, under a guise of prayer, beauty of nature/art or some kind of meditation.
People aren't today divided by their theism or atheism, but if they respond to love or fear. Both flourishes in these days.
We know about fundie expectators of the Doom's day, predictors of 3rd world war, or conspirators about mystical secret orders, controlling the world. These have in common, that they respond to the aspect of fear. Fanaticism isn't just a problem of religion, it's an archetype of thinking, independent on a faith. Yeah, even non-religional people can be fanatics. The coming age causes, that the afraid will have more of the fear and the loving will love more. This means, that there won't be so many neutral or undecided people in the world, whatever will happen in such state, will happen to everyone.
I think that a biblical prediction, that "I will not bring peace, but a sword" and adjacent descriptions of sons who will turn against their fathers, etc, very precisely describes this sociologic effect. For example, young freethinkers literally abandon the fundamentalism of their fathers. This indicates nothing but an insight into ways of the world, of the one who wrote that passage, whoever he was.

I think it's not right to erradicate religions and their mystic way of viewing the world. It is right to create a balance, so theists will be only those, who feel like that, not like their parents and leaders wanted. Those, who responds to the aspect of love, can live together without conflicts, no matter what their philosophy or religion is.
Well, and what about the rest? Once we start to create that balance, they will have less and less reasons to be afraid. The ones too old to see that will die by old age and the newer born generations won't be so afraid already and will merge with a fearless culture.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Wonko
Wonko's picture
User is offlineOffline
aiia wrote: The

aiia wrote:

The pseudofranchise, Mctheism, has processed 100s of millions of duplicate believerburghers despite the fact that it is loaded with unhealthy mental plaque.

VERY funny, aiia.

I laughed good on that one."

In fact you might say...."I'm lovin' it".

sorry, had to!

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
I do feel a lot of pity for

I do feel a lot of pity for all theists, to tell the truth.  The ones who come here with the same recycled shit are the ones I pity the most, because they're either too ignorant, too dumb, or too brainwashed to see how incredibly bad their arguments are, and how horrible they look when they get into an argument.  All three of those possibilities are worth pity.

Having said that, having pity doesn't mean I just leave them alone.  It's pity that drives me to try to help them, and the only way to help is to get more and more people on board the atheism train, and to expose their beliefs for what they are.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Yeah Luminon, keep the awe,

Yeah Luminon, keep the awe, trash all dogma .... love , heal ....

"I will not bring peace, but a sword" ~

.... not appeasement but sharp debate, to escalate the division of right and wrong thinking, to make clear the elusive face of the enemy, DOGMA.  

The wolf dressed in sheep's clothing. The church is Satan's club                                          _________________________________________

aiia , yeah, good one .....

astro
astro's picture
User is offlineOffline
none whatsoever

none whatsoever

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pity

Hey I AM...thanks dude...glad you & your chick dug it.

...& Thingy...Point taken. It was obnoxious, for sure.

triften
atheist
triften's picture
User is offlineOffline
I feel more pity for the

I feel more pity for the mods and regulars who have to wade through all that crap.

-Triften

Wonko
Wonko's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Do any of

MattShizzle wrote:

Do any of you ever feel pity for the Christians who come on here and spew the same old shit only to get completely PWNED? I don't. All it would take would be to read through a bit to not get embarassed.

I feel sorry for the Christians who are nearly certain it's all fictitious fable and yet can't quite seem to take that final step.... those who are barely hanging on to their faith and afraid, perhaps, to let go.

I know a person who has flummoxed on like this for a couple of decades. Sad.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Do any of

MattShizzle wrote:

I think that any Christian that would visit this website is probably a non-believer. They just don't have the courage to be honest with themselves.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen