What is your one favorite thing about life?

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
HeyZeusCreaseToe's picture
User is offlineOffline
What is your one favorite thing about life?

I was just wondering if we would see a pattern with Atheists or Theists?

My favorite thing would have to be music! In the words of Jimi Hendrix, music is a safe kind of high

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Concept of Power (didnt

The Concept of Power

(didnt see that coming now did ya?)

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
  The most power force in

The most power force in mankind is love ??? There is no fury like love ?  So I hope

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
My favorite thing ?   

My favorite thing ?    Sleep.   It blots out reality and it's the next best thing to death.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:My

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

My favorite thing ?    Sleep.   It blots out reality and it's the next best thing to death.

You're starting to sound like me in depressed mode.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oops,  sorry 'bout that.

Oops,  sorry 'bout that.

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
The ocean, and everything

The ocean, and everything you can do on, in or near it.

Music. And the older I get, it seems, the more kinds of music I like.

Live performance of just about any kind.

The sound of my daughters laughing hysterically.

Indian food.

Working on an old house (I own two, circa 1929 and 1939).

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?

BMcD
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote:I forgot

HisWillness wrote:

I forgot dark chocolate! And sharks. Can't forget sharks.

And yet, you did.

Personally, my favorite thing about life... is living it.

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons." - The Waco Kid

Proper Gander
Proper Gander's picture
User is offlineOffline
Never thought about this

Never thought about this before. My favourite part would be, in no specific order: music, sex, boobs, those lazy mornings when you can just stay in bed as long as you like, taking a crap after really having had to go, movies, that first kiss, long, dark and cold nights in the winter, long and light days in the summer, fishing, the breaking of spring, northern lights, football (just to avoid confusion, that's, uh... you're gonna make me say it... "soccer"... ugh), beating rivals, boobs, solving a problem you've been working long and hard on, pets... I could go on even further.

To pick out, say, 10 favourites though, I'll go with: sex, taking a crap after..., boobs, beating rivals in football, football in general, lazy mornings, solving a problem you've worked long and hard on, music, the breaking of spring and of course Midsummer's Eve (or festivities in general if you prefer, but that one takes the cake). I think those are my choices.

"Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes. There's too much fraternizing with the enemy."

Larty
Larty's picture
User is offlineOffline
Music... Everyone likes

Music... Everyone likes music, and I don't. I like music in general, but popular music is among my most disliked things in life.

Why I don't like popular music? First of all, pop-music songs are arranged with the same kind of pattern, and if you don't like the pattern, you don't like pop-music. Besides, I don't like things that everyone else likes. Even if popular music was good, I probably still wouldn't like it.

Apple products, for example, are considered to be "the best" by almost everyone, but I will never support Apple for just that reason. Although the products are apparently good, I will never buy them because everyone masturbates over Apple.

Trust and believe in no god, but trust and believe in yourself.

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Larty wrote:Music...

Larty wrote:

Music... Everyone likes music, and I don't. I like music in general, but popular music is among my most disliked things in life.

I agree completely. I don't listen to anything mainstream.It's all terrible and the same. I stay away from most mainstream stream stuff. Partly because everyone has it, and partly because it's always expensive.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
BMcD wrote:And yet, you

BMcD wrote:

And yet, you did.

OH, I'm a failure! *sob*

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
HeyZeusCreaseToe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mmhmm

Loc wrote:

Larty wrote:

I agree completely. I don't listen to anything mainstream.It's all terrible and the same. I stay away from most mainstream stream stuff. Partly because everyone has it, and partly because it's always expensive.

Agreed most popular music sucks, but that doesn't mean music sucks. I don't think I said Popular music, I said music. We could create a whole post about dissecting exactly why Britney Spears and P Diddy suck, but this post is about what you like, not what you don't.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
I have to pick two in no

I have to pick two in no particular order.... my son and Kelly.

Luckhuda
Luckhuda's picture
User is offlineOffline
Trance MusicMixing my own

Trance Music

Mixing my own sets

Producing my own music

Females/sex

friday nights in the club

Ibiza

Global DJ Broadcast

Designing and writing programs

being Australian

Cricket

Computer games

Fantasy books

Water

Science

Jokes

and alot more...

He was one of those men who think that the world can be saved by writing a pamphlet. - Benjamin Disraeli

Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
My favorite thing about

My favorite thing about life?  Getting peanut butter stuck between your teeth and having to pluck it out with your tongue.  Mmmm...peanut butter...  Here's to the simple things...

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists. Books by Rook Hawkins (Thomas Verenna)