Hindu goddess of valor, Durga, born in Rural India!

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hindu goddess of valor, Durga, born in Rural India!

A baby suffering from craniofacial duplication is being worshiped in a Northern Indian village as the reincarnation of  a Hindu goddess - Durga. People are coming from surrounding villages to offer money and get a chance to touch the baby's feet out of respect It is believed that she is a gift from god...

Story

This isn't the first time a "hindu god or goddess" has been born...remember this one? Lakshmi Tatama

I would love to sit down with some of these Hindus and ask them : If A Christian were born with 4 legs or 2 faces...would you consider them gods? Or does it have to be born to a Hindu?

ragdish
atheist
ragdish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Renee Obsidianwords wrote:A

Renee Obsidianwords wrote:

A baby suffering from craniofacial duplication is being worshiped in a Northern Indian village as the reincarnation of  a Hindu goddess - Durga. People are coming from surrounding villages to offer money and get a chance to touch the baby's feet out of respect It is believed that she is a gift from god...

Story

This isn't the first time a "hindu god or goddess" has been born...remember this one? Lakshmi Tatama

I would love to sit down with some of these Hindus and ask them : If A Christian were born with 4 legs or 2 faces...would you consider them gods? Or does it have to be born to a Hindu?

I was raised in a Hindu family but I never took any of the spiritual stuff seriously. Thus, becoming an atheist was an easy transition. A topic that is virtually never discussed is Secular Hindus or Atheist Hindus but I digress. Irrationalism pervades the Eastern faiths like Hinduism which have been lauded as progressive when compared to the monotheistic counterparts. Stupidity exists everywhere on this planet. My wife is Hindu and she was quite appalled at how people can exploit and sensationalize this poor infant's deformities who will only succumb to lifelong physical and emotional suffering. Had its mother received adequate prenatal care she could have been given informed reproductive choices such as abortion. But as always the idiocy of religion (Hinduism in this case) trumped reason. The followers of the Eastern faiths are by no means immune from being shitheads (even if they are educated). Only a rational person would conclude that if a Christian person were born with 4 legs or 2 faces that there really is no benevolent or kind God. I would argue it is cruel to bring into this world the following:

And any parent who enjoys sucking Jesus/Allah/Vishnu's cock and preaches that every child is so special, ought to undergo enucleation (to resemble the infant on the left with cyclopia) or have their brain removed (to resemble the infant with anencephaly on the right).

albedo_00
albedo_00's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote from the

Quote from the article:

Quote:
Village chief Daulat Ram said he planned to build a temple to Durga in the village.

"I am writing to the state government to provide money to build the temple and help the parents look after their daughter," Ram said.

But of course he is. Dammit, from where do this swindlers come from? Are they under a rock on permanent standby, waiting for the next medical oddity to exploit?

Curiously enough, if something like this were to happen in this side of the world, at best you would find out about it in the national enquirer or some other garbage tabloid when the child was about to get corrective surgery. One person's birth defect is another's blessing.

And yet, from a psychological point of view, this case really interests me; I wonder about the psychological consequences of being worshiped and regarded as a goddess on account of a facial malformation, and the impact this worship and pressure will have on this girl's development as she grows up.

Lenore, The Cute Little Dead Girl. Twice as good as Jesus.