New Sins for Modern Times

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
New Sins for Modern Times

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSL109602320080310

Well it seems that GOD now gives a shit about the earth, apparently pollution is a sin, so is genetic manipulation, yes people we are in trouble now, even more reasons to go to hell for Laughing out loud YEAH BABY YEAH!!

Mazid the Raider
Rational VIP!Science Freak
Mazid the Raider's picture
User is offlineOffline
I KNEW IT!

I knew someone was going to have posted about that before me! Sticking out tongue

I guess the catholic church is just trying to get with the times. I tell you what would really help them out with that - if they would de-sin masturbation!

I don't know about the rest of you, but once it's proven to be moderately safe I won't mind if someone diddles with my DNA enough to help me live a longer, healthier life - and to stop being allergic to cats! :`(

"But still I am the Cat who walks by himself, and all places are alike to me!" ~Rudyard Kipling

Mazid the Raider says: I'd rather face the naked truth than to go "augh, dude, put some clothes on or something" and hand him some God robes, cause you and I know that the naked truth is pale, hairy, and has an outie
Entomophila says: Ew. AN outie

Trish (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Hahaha, are the punishments

Hahaha, are the punishments as bizarre as the originals too ?

Pride Broken on the wheel
Envy Put in freezing water
Gluttony Forced to eat rats, toads, and snakes
Lust Smothered in fire and brimstone
Anger Dismembered alive
Greed Put in cauldrons of boiling oil
SlothThrown in snake pits

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Forgive me Father for I have exhaled.

latincanuck wrote:

apparently pollution is a sin

Well the big pollution now is apparently CO2, which we generate just from living and exhale with ever breath. How does a good Catholic avoid this sin? Suicide, but that's a sin too. Just think about all the shit and piss we generate too. Then when we die our rotting corpses will pollute the earth.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
So is molesting little

So is molesting little children a sin yet?

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Follow the money!

Loc wrote:

So is molesting little children a sin yet?

Only if you get caught and it ends up costing the church a ton of money.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
From what I gather the seven

From what I gather the seven new deadly sins are, Pediophilia, Abortion, Drug Dealing or drug usage, Social Injustice (basically saying that those that caused poverty or "the excessive accumulation of wealth by a few&quotEye-wink Enviromental pollution, Genetic Manipulation and (I love this one) Morally debatable scientific experiments.

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
for some reason i get the

for some reason i get the feeling that the punishments would be more along these lines:

Pride :$
Envy :$$
Gluttony :$$$
Lust :$$$$
Anger :$$$
Greed :$$
Sloth :$

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
latincanuck

latincanuck wrote:

Well it seems that GOD now gives a shit about the earth, apparently pollution is a sin, so is genetic manipulation, yes people we are in trouble now, even more reasons to go to hell for Laughing out loud YEAH BABY YEAH!!

What do you expect from a Church that took hundreds of years to say, "I'm sorry" about Galileo and his wrongful house arrest. What do you expect from a Church that did not officially recognize the world as a globe until a space photograph was shown to the Pope. And our Current Pope thinks that Jesus is required for good driving habits. If that is the case then why aren't there more road rage events in Japan?

And why does it take a magical sky daddy  law giver to do the obvious?

"Don't pollute" THANKS FOR CALLING THAT ONE IN POPE, YOU SHOULD BE AN INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER ON A CABLE NEWS SHOW. WE NEVER WOULD HAVE FIGURED THAT ONE OUT WITHOUT YOU.

"Don't clone".......The phallace wearing asshat assumes the slippery slope argument that scientists want to re-create Hitlers sick WW2 experiments.

If cloning a cell will be able to reverse spinal cord injury, the POPE can suck my dick! Who the fuck is talking about creating a master race?

This coming from a guy who lives a lavish lifestyle on the backs of people stupid enough to give him money. He lives in a palace while most of his followers fall in the middle and poor class. If the Vatican were sold at auction, I am quite sure the proceeds could wipe out hunger in most of Africa, but it seems one person out of 6 billion, thinks he can presume to tell us how to live our lives like we are babies who cant figure it out on our own.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Religious_Rebel
Religious_Rebel's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thank you for posting

Thank you for posting this!  There is another thread going on, I wish I had looked here first.  Does anyone have a website with the exact manuscript they released?

Brian37 wrote:

latincanuck wrote:

What do you expect from a Church that took hundreds of years to say, "I'm sorry" about Galileo and his wrongful house arrest. What do you expect from a Church that did not officially recognize the world as a globe until a space photograph was shown to the Pope. And our Current Pope thinks that Jesus is required for good driving habits. If that is the case then why aren't there more road rage events in Japan?

And why does it take a magical sky daddy  law giver to do the obvious?

"Don't pollute" THANKS FOR CALLING THAT ONE IN POPE, YOU SHOULD BE AN INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER ON A CABLE NEWS SHOW. WE NEVER WOULD HAVE FIGURED THAT ONE OUT WITHOUT YOU.

"Don't clone".......The phallace wearing asshat assumes the slippery slope argument that scientists want to re-create Hitlers sick WW2 experiments.

If cloning a cell will be able to reverse spinal cord injury, the POPE can suck my dick! Who the fuck is talking about creating a master race?

This coming from a guy who lives a lavish lifestyle on the backs of people stupid enough to give him money. He lives in a palace while most of his followers fall in the middle and poor class. If the Vatican were sold at auction, I am quite sure the proceeds could wipe out hunger in most of Africa, but it seems one person out of 6 billion, thinks he can presume to tell us how to live our lives like we are babies who cant figure it out on our own.

Well said.  Maybe those old farts are afraid of gene-spliced Superman or something; I hope they don't mean simple gene research.

I'm curious about human cloning.  It's not like you could make an exact copy of yourself to pal around with.   In fact it'd be like raising a son, perhaps whose nature is quite attuned to his dad, and an exceptionally healthy person could be raised.

And again if anyone can find the manuscript I'd appreciate it (it's hard to find) and I'm sure we could have a nice discussion about it too.

It is said the great ones catch teardrops in their hands.

Eric Ferguson
User is offlineOffline
Completely ridiculous

This is ridiculous.

Does the Vatican have ALL the facts about EVERY environmental issue? And are those facts scientific laws? I wonder if they know that recycling in most cases is worse for the environment than just throwing the stuff away, for example.

Causing poverty is now a sin? Well then, I suppose the catholic church better pull all their missionaries out of impoverished places where they are preaching abstinence only birth control. Or will they just view the ones making babies they can't feed as sinners? Blame the victim? Genetic manipulation is a sin? So using science that can help feed the 800,000 suffering from malnutrition around the world is a sin. Using marijuana is a sin? Tell that to a cancer patient using it. Now, in general I don't care if people are religious, that's their problem. But when they try to influence public policy it makes me angry. Now this, the Catholic church is against helping people and supports devastatingly expensive, counterproductive, and unnecessary practices, they're against science ...that pisses me off. The gloves are off.

I bet if those "excessively wealthy" few they label as sinners made large donations they'd change their tune. And by the way, those wealthy hire the most employees. I don't like mega-conglomerates either, but they are inevitable, and somebody will be the C.E.O. Up yours Catholic Church.

My wife, a Catholic by family, is pissed off too.

The Southern Baptist Convention jumped on the environmentalism bandwagon too. More proof that environmental hysteria is a religion.

I thought the buy-bull said the Earth is here for our disposal. And besides, Christ will be here in 30 years or so, so it doesn't matter.

Consider this account closed. It's disgraceful this site has no function to delete an account. I cannot be part of an organization that seeks only to replace the religion of the god of the bible with the religion of "poor me" bleeding heart liberalism. Rational my ass! Not believing in a god is one thing. A rational view of the rest of the world is something else, which isn't found here.

Just Myself (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
latincanuck wrote:From what

latincanuck wrote:

From what I gather the seven new deadly sins are, Pediophilia, Abortion, Drug Dealing or drug usage, Social Injustice (basically saying that those that caused poverty or "the excessive accumulation of wealth by a few&quotEye-wink Enviromental pollution, Genetic Manipulation and (I love this one) Morally debatable scientific experiments.

And there I though that "Morally debatable" meant "Worth debating; not clear-cut; not unequivocally bad".

Wonder what they'll use for Communion wine now that drugs are out? And what they'll do with their own excessive accumulation of wealth?

By the way, I think they're being promoted as mortal sins, rather than deadly sins.