Comments?

inspectormustard
atheist
inspectormustard's picture
User is offlineOffline
Additionally, you can go

Additionally, you can go here for the explanation of all the junk philosophy:

http://www.perceivingreality.com/

For some of you who know how some of the interpretations of quantum mechanics work, you might see some of the parallels they're trying to draw.

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's funny, they

That's funny, they referenced the movie "What the Bleep Do We Know" to support the idea that science supports the Kabbalah! The movie "What the Bleep Do We Know" is probably the most popular junk scinece film currently on the market! It is backed by J Z Knight aka Ramtha.

Ramtha’s School of Quantum Flapdoodle
http://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/04-10-01.html

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

inspectormustard
atheist
inspectormustard's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ooh, I haven't seen that

Ooh, I haven't seen that link before! Thanks!

MrGawn
Rational VIP!
MrGawn's picture
User is offlineOffline
Randalllord wrote: That's

Randalllord wrote:
That's funny, they referenced the movie "What the Bleep Do We Know" to support the idea that science supports the Kabbalah! The movie "What the Bleep Do We Know" is probably the most popular junk scinece film currently on the market! It is backed by J Z Knight aka Ramtha. Ramtha’s School of Quantum Flapdoodle http://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/04-10-01.html
what the bleep do we know is not a completely biased movie. some of the views are crazy but some of them make valid points

I am the radical and variable to counter act on your alpha and omega! The One True Juggernaut, and. . . I WILL BASH AND CUT DOWN THOSE THAT CANNOT BE TAUGHT!!!

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
MrGawn wrote: what the

MrGawn wrote:
what the bleep do we know is not a completely biased movie. some of the views are crazy but some of them make valid points

A lot of things make some good points.

But when these people decide to:

1.wax definitions by saying that becuase  the atoms of your hand and a basketball arn't really touching, you aren't really touching the ball. (How 'bout I throw this at your head, don't worry, it's not going to touch your head.)

2.Throw out some BS about water going bad when you insult it with a word on a piece of paper. 

3.Throw out more BS by saying the indians couldn't see the europeans' ships becuase it wasn't a technology they had (Wouldn't the europeans be nude to them too?).

4.Misquoting the professor they interviewed for the film, so it seemed he said the opposite of what he really said. 

I just lose all giving shit capabilities.

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

MrGawn
Rational VIP!
MrGawn's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ophios wrote: MrGawn

Ophios wrote:

MrGawn wrote:

A lot of things make some good points.

But when these people decide to:

1.wax definitions by saying that becuase the atoms of your hand and a basketball arn't really touching, you aren't really touching the ball. (How 'bout I throw this at your head, don't worry, it's not going to touch your head.)

2.Throw out some BS about water going bad when you insult it with a word on a piece of paper.

3.Throw out more BS by saying the indians couldn't see the europeans' ships becuase it wasn't a technology they had (Wouldn't the europeans be nude to them too?).

4.Misquoting the professor they interviewed for the film, so it seemed he said the opposite of what he really said.

I just lose all giving shit capabilities.

i agree, that is why i said they make some valid points. . . i have addressed some of these issues in my forums that you may want ot argue about. . . but that is on you. i am here to learn and expand my mind.

I am the radical and variable to counter act on your alpha and omega! The One True Juggernaut, and. . . I WILL BASH AND CUT DOWN THOSE THAT CANNOT BE TAUGHT!!!

theotherguy
theotherguy's picture
User is offlineOffline
I saw this movie when I was

I saw this movie when I was sick with stomach flu and was trying not to vomit...it seemd relaxing.

It started off okay, and made some valid points about physics, but then it got weird and untrue.

Yes, atoms never touch, if they did we'd be having fusion explosions all the time. Yes in quantum physics particles can pass right through or around each other simultaneously, but this is so rare for a large object it is close to impossible. The ice crystals? Now where the crap were they getting that? The stuff about hormones and cells was true, (although extremely simplified) The not being able to see the ships thing was utterly false. The self-image part made sense, but there is no way to make your day better by thinking about it.

Viewing a quantum particle doesn't make it real, your brain or the equipment is only able to see one quantum state of a particle at any given time. Particles exist in all states at once, all are equally real, the act of observing doesn't make one state more real than the other.