Legality of nipples

jackal
jackal's picture
User is offlineOffline
Legality of nipples

Some states have outlawed the exposure of female breasts. These laws are unconstitutional on the basis of sexual discrimination. It is ironic that the offending piece of flesh is the nipple. Male and female adult nipples can look almost identical, and the nipples of prepubescent female and male children are indistinguishable. I'm currently trying to find out what my local state and city laws are. I've heard that topless women are likely to be harassed and arrested even if they are not breaking any laws. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with this issue?

Magus
High Level DonorModerator
Magus's picture
User is offlineOffline
http://www.tv.com/penn-and-t

Sounds made up...
Agnostic Atheist
No, I am not angry at your imaginary friends or enemies.

dassercha
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
The Puritanical

The Puritanical Paradox. 

Stroll down any beach in most anywhere in Europe, be it ocean or lake, and the women are topless. And it's no big deal. NONE. Do the guys go ga-ga? Yep, of course. We're guys.

And where, per capita, do we find the highest rates of violence? rape, child abuse & molestation? teen pregnancy, etc that the fundies abhor?

Yep, good ol' US of A. 

EDUCATION! EDUCATION! EDUCATION!

jackal
jackal's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bullshit not so helpfull

Magnus, thanks for the suggestion, but that show wasn't very useful. They didn't even address what I see is the most clear cut part of the issue: if men can expose their breasts, women should be allowed to do it. Anything else is unconstitutional descrimination.

Magus
High Level DonorModerator
Magus's picture
User is offlineOffline
jackal wrote: Magnus,

jackal wrote:
Magnus, thanks for the suggestion, but that show wasn't very useful. They didn't even address what I see is the most clear cut part of the issue: if men can expose their breasts, women should be allowed to do it. Anything else is unconstitutional descrimination.
  No 'n' in the name.  Did you watch the actual episode, or just the clip. The actual episode does deal with the issue. 

Sounds made up...
Agnostic Atheist
No, I am not angry at your imaginary friends or enemies.

jackal
jackal's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sorry, Magus

Sorry about the extra 'n'. My brain have a tendency to make unfamiliear letter combinations into familear words. I watched the entire episode. The FL woman was protesting under the anti-descrimination thing, but the legal expert didn't address that part of the issue. He only addressed the free speech aspect. That was annoying, 'cause it seems blatantly obvious to me that the main issue is descrimination, not free speech.

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
I haven't been on holiday to

I haven't been on holiday to the continent for too long! It's normally only the British tourists like myself who find our gaze wandering uncontrollably in the direction of tits, the other European blokes don't seem to bat an eye-lid over it. That's the thing, Britain is probably more prudent than Europe about sex and exposure. You don't get topless women on our beaches unfortunately. I had a brilliant time as a teenage boy on holiday in France and Spain! These days I don't go on holiday with my parents as much and can't afford to go abroad myself. The next time I'm going to the continent will be in the winter, no toplessness in winter. *Sigh*