NEW CONTROVERSY OVER A BIOLOGY BOOK AT VCU

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline

Jim Sparks is a personal friend of mine at the university I work at and where I'm also getting a Master's of Biology.

Here is the article:
http://www.styleweekly.com/article.asp?idarticle=12429

It's gonna be gettin dicey around here...I will keep you all posted on what happens. The faculty here is split on the issue, even though the chair of the department is split. I know there are theists in the department, my main advisor is an outspoken catholic from haiti, she however, still believes in evolution. There are also jews and protestants that carry faculty level positions. One such faculty member is in OB/GYN and he's been asked by the Campus Ministries to use "science" to discredit evolutionary theory in favor or ID. I''m ready to stand by my friend Jim and to fight this bullshit new biology book. This is how it starts slow..........and then booom the theists and their bullsht theories are in your ass fucking you every whcih way before you know it.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

HealingBlight
HealingBlight's picture
User is offlineOffline

Quote:
professors also have a chance to review the book and offer feedback to the publishers in exchange for cash ? an honorarium that can range from $500 to $1,500.

Is that common or do they want to get validation?

-----------------------
I'll get back to you when I think of something worthwhile to say.

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline

HealingBlight wrote:
Quote:
professors also have a chance to review the book and offer feedback to the publishers in exchange for cash ? an honorarium that can range from $500 to $1,500.

Is that common or do they want to get validation?

you know, I'm not sure if this is a common thing or not.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

FreeThoughtMake...
Superfan
FreeThoughtMakesMeTingle's picture
User is offlineOffline
I go to VCU.....I hope Mr.

I go to VCU.....I hope Mr. Sparks gets his way.

Shawn Wilkinson
User is offlineOffline
Quote:“[The evolution and

Quote:
“[The evolution and creationism controversy] is not a debate at all,” Dyer says. “It is a propaganda machine driven by motives that have nothing at all to do with science and the pursuit of truth.”

I could not agree anymore.