Greetings and a past due intro

nullusdeus
SuperfanBronze Member
nullusdeus's picture
User is offlineOffline
Greetings and a past due intro

Hello all, I’m not that new but I’m past due introducing myself.

Like everyone, I’m a born atheist, so I can’t totally relate to the psychological experience that many of you have had in converting to the atheistic truth. As far as I know my family never even owned a bible. If we went to “church” at all, it was Unitarian. So I can’t relate to a transitional experience. This is why I made the post: http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/the_rational_response_squad_radio_show/freethinking_anonymous/9429 to try to get a grasp of why anyone can rationally do so! Of course Kirk Cameron was not a good choice, as he too is a liar.

I live in central VA in the late, but not missed, Jerry Falwell’s* area of Lynchburg. Liberty U. is about six miles away. I find it compelling to form a group of non-theists in the area and try to make it known that not all local citizens are obtuse.

I’m proud to be a member of RRS and look forward to contributing what I can.

* To paraphrase Christopher Hitchens: “If you had given Jerry Falwell an enema, you could have buried him in a matchbox.”

Miracles don't exist. "Miracle" is a word given to a preposterous event that a theist considers dogmatically advantageous. Def. - Ecclesiastical sensationalism.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the hizzle!

Welcome to the hizzle!

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the

Welcome to the forums!!

Love the Hitchens quote, LOL!! 

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome nullusdeus!  Glad

Welcome nullusdeus!  Glad you decided to come out of hiding - LOL

(btw - when you get a chance, check your private messages inbox)

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
An official welcome,

An official welcome, nullusdeus, for your official introduction!

We're really glad you're here and have been enjoying your posts.

Let us know if you really go forward with starting a group of non-theists in Lynchburg.  You might have some pretty exciting stories to share.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.