Azeos

αθεος
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Azeos

... It means without zeus, which is where the word "god" and "athiest" has its roots. The word 'god' comes from the greek Zeos, meaning Zeus. Funny how most theists don't know that when they are saying "god" they are really saying "Zeus"... but don't tell them that, they'll throw a fit Innocent

Obviously A-Zeos means Atheist, or literally "without Zeus". And now you know why I chose that name and honor its origins by writing it in greek, even though I cannot trace my lineage to that culture. Azeos was used as an insult in that era, and subsequently carried to modern culture... even today the word makes some people cringe!

I have recently become what I have been in the making since childhood, a proud atheist. But it may not have been so if I hadn't discovered that there is support for people like us out there, so I'm glad to be part of this site! Cool

Nothing is true, everything is permitted...

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard!

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums.

Welcome to the forums.

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
αθεος wrote: ... It

αθεος wrote:

... It means without zeus, which is where the word "god" and "athiest" has its roots. The word 'god' comes from the greek Zeos, meaning Zeus. Funny how most theists don't know that when they are saying "god" they are really saying "Zeus"... but don't tell them that, they'll throw a fit Innocent

Obviously A-Zeos means Atheist, or literally "without Zeus". And now you know why I chose that name and honor its origins by writing it in greek, even though I cannot trace my lineage to that culture. Azeos was used as an insult in that era, and subsequently carried to modern culture... even today the word makes some people cringe!

I have recently become what I have been in the making since childhood, a proud atheist. But it may not have been so if I hadn't discovered that there is support for people like us out there, so I'm glad to be part of this site! Cool

Wow, didn't know that.  Thanks for the information and welcome to RRS! 

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!  Love the user

Welcome!  Love the user name...wish I had put as much thought into mine.