Prophet of Doom

Topher
Topher's picture
User is offlineOffline
Prophet of Doom

Is anyone aware of the Prophet of Doom book/website?

www.prophetofdoom.net

What do people think?

The author seems to apply good/intelligent rational criticism of Mohammed, the Quran and other Islamic books and Islam in general, citing evidence to demonstrate that the Islam is not as nice and peaceful and some want us to believe.

But something didn’t seem right, so I googled around and found a post from Richard Dawkins website, below.

It turns out this guy is a Christian. It’s amazing that he doesn’t apply the same rational analysis to his own beliefs.

Quote:
From: http://richarddawkins.net/article,437,Kim-Hill-interviews-Richard-Dawkins,Radio-New-Zealand#13513

One thing that is disappointing about prophetofdoom.net, is that the author accepts Yahweh, at first I though he was just a christian moderate, I was wrong (further investigation suggests he is a creationist, touting Intelligent Design, although not a Young Earth Creationist and he links to a site that wraps creationism up in pseudo scientific phraseology).

However, to his credit and like a good journalist, he does not use his own religious bias to identify the horrors in Islam. He gives an intelligent critique of the Koran and other Islamic books and is particularly critical of Mohamed... It's just a shame and rather bizarre that he doesn't turn the same kind of logic on his own faith, I actually sent an email to the website with the following comment:

Dear Sir,

I think your critique of Islam is excellent.... One thing I find a bit peculiar however, is that you don't apply the same logic to Yahweh, which is quite frankly, based on mystical nonsense just as the belief in Allah is.

Craig J. Hawkins

I got the following reply:

>>>>START>>>>First, our critique of Islam was a byproduct of our relationship with Yahweh. Had He not asked us to write these books and promised to protect our families, we would never have done so.

As you know, Prophet of Doom is judgmental, something the politically correct moral code of secular humanists disdains. The moral code and sense of right and wrong which were used to judge Islam, to critique the religion, to be discerning, were Yahweh's. Further, without a clear understanding of Yahweh's Scripture, Muhammad's/Allah's revelation cannot be fully known as Islam exists to corrupt and assault that message.

Second, I applied the same logic to Yahweh once I had completed Tea With Terrorists and Prophet of Doom. In Yada Yahweh, I translated prophetic passages from the oldest manuscripts and then used reason and logic to explain the full extent of what was being revealed. I confronted every possible mystical statement and nonsensical uttering which is why the first four chapters were devoted to Genesis One and creation. This 1100-page review is free at www.YadaYahweh.com.

You might actually enjoy it because the only complaints we get regarding Yada Yahweh are its universal hostility to religion, the overwhelming amount of evidence contained in it and thus the sacrifice of time to journey through it, and the complexity of the reasoning. To read it, you have to have a strong desire to know, to think, and to understand. Most people don't.

Those who see Yahweh as being based upon mystical nonsense are almost always unaware of the basis for Yahweh—they don't know what God actually revealed. They typically make their evaluations based upon the edicts of religious institutions. Further, most people who share your position accept things as being true that are in fact nonsense. The existence of life as we know it without a creator is one such example.

We encourage you to read Yada Yahweh. If you do, please take notes along the way and when you have finished the book, send us a list of your concerns and we will dedicate ourselves to addressing them. In fact, if after reading the book, if you think you still have evidence to demonstrate your current position we would love the intellectual challenge of evaluating the merit of your criticism.>>>>>END>>>>>

One can actually ignore the mumbo jumbo beliefs above and just read the Critiques of Islam that he gives, which are very powerful and I believe, rationally put across.

The sight when viewed as a whole, does not have the goal of releasing individuals from the trap of Islamic doctrine and from there to none religiosity... Rather, it is an attempt to convert Muslims to creationism/intelligent design.

The value of the website is only in it's critique of Islam... The reason that I recommend it, is that I have not seen a better critique and honest evaluation anywhere else on the internet. I certainly wouldn't recommend it to a Muslim who is looking for a rational escape from Islam... Simply because they are liable to end up escaping Islam and becoming indoctrenated with Intelligent Design/Creationism.

Also, Check out the excellent radio archives on the same website too... Apparently he has done hundreds of radio interviews, but because of death threats aimed at the radio stations, most of them have disappeared. An annoyance in his radio interviews is that he always mentions Jews and Christians as being under threat, but never atheists.

Here is one of his radio interviews:
HERE

This man is a republican, is very well connected politically and personally knows George W. Bush ...Despite this he thinks that Bush's invasion of Iraq was a serious bondoogle, that has simply removed a secular dictator who held Islamic factions in check. In attacking Iraq Bush and Blair have released an "Islamic Juggernaut".

Because of his political connections, he was also able to meet and interview Islamic terrorists.

"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring" -- Carl Sagan

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Interesting. I took a look

Interesting. I took a look at what he said, and there wasn't a whole lot that screamed irrational like most theist claims. And yet he's doing a whole shit load of speculation, and providing nothing for evidence. Maybe he's right, probably he isn't.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Blind_Man
Blind_Man's picture
User is offlineOffline
Prophet of Doom

I have a love-hate relationship with this book, for two reasons.
1. It is one of the only sources of English Hadith in Audio form, so I am grateful to be able to hear Hadith. (Sadly tho, he dosen't give Book, Volume, Number info which makes it abit difficult to find the particular Hadith.)
2. The same logic he brilliantly used on Islam, seems to vanish when he talks of Christianity.
-"Historical facts" for Xians, "fantasy" for Muslims"... arg

Whatsmore, I'm stuck with audio so I hear comments (inserted on nearly every other sentence) which seem to throw off the subject and push in his views.
- [bracketed text], and then an "author comment."
[Hadith info.]
"Proving Allah and Islam are a fraud."
[Reference.]
"What an evil god Muslims worship."
[Quran reference.]
"And thus, Islam is a lie..."

Cheers,

http://www.faithfreedom.org/ 109:6 لكم دينكم ولي دين 109:6 「貴方々には,貴方々の宗教があり,私には,私の宗教があるのである。」 109:6 "Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion."

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
If one truely believed that

If one truely believed that Harry Potter was real, they could find any amount of text in it to justify harm to someone else. Fortunatly SO FAR, no one does(unless they are in a mental institution).

This crap about Islam being a violent religion misses the point of context of TIME. Jews and Christians in the past have been just as violent and barbaric as SOME fundy cultures in the middle east are today.

You CAN find text in the Bible that justifies infantiside and wholesale slaughter of dissent. Revolation dipicts a God who barbarically allows the tourture and massacare, not just of those who actively faught against him, but of those whose mere transgretion was subscribing to another tribe that didnt suck up to him.

My warning is to keep in mind that the WEST is not a religious movement. It is a secular statement that people will believe what they do but must not base goverment law on religious belief.

It is in spite of Christianity that we have modern civility in the west, not because of it. If one looks up pre-revolutionary law in the colonies, they were very sectarian favoring on club over another and very divisive.

It is because of the age of inlightenment that secular goverments came to the conclusion that for everyone to be free law must not be based on the support of one religion over another, but on the agreement that goverment is not run on one religion or sect.

If all European and Americans goverments suddenly stripped their secular goverments of power and institutionalized the Bible as public law, you would see the exact same behiavor that we do in the tribalism of the middle east. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Zombie
RRS local affiliate
Zombie's picture
User is offlineOffline
Once again, theists show how

Once again, theists show how they can apply critical thinking to everything BUT their own religion.

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
"First, our critique of

"First, our critique of Islam was a byproduct of our relationship with Yahweh. Had He not asked us to write these books and promised to protect our families, we would never have done so."

So essentially it's an "our god is better than theirs" situation...

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: So essentially it's

Quote:

So essentially it's an "our god is better than theirs" situation...

Nah. Same God. Rather "the way we suck up to God is better than the way you do". 

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism