ETA on DVDs for Blasphemy Challenge?

olivergringold
olivergringold's picture
User is offlineOffline
ETA on DVDs for Blasphemy Challenge?

Hey,

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I followed all the instructions on blasphemychallenge.com (including the web adress in my video description, posting the video from the link on the website, entitling the video The Blasphemy Challenge, e-mailing waronchristmas with the link and my full adress, etc) well over a week ago, and yet nothing has come in the mail.

Is there any way to verify if we submitted our blasphemies on time to receive a DVD, or any way to get a reply from waronchristmas about the shipping status of our DVDs? I sent a followup e-mail asking just that about two or three days ago, but to no avail. Have I been conned? I'd like to think not, given that plenty of other folks have testified to receiving their DVDs...mine, apparently, seems to have vanished.

"No end justifies the means of lying."
-Penn Jillette

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
olivergringold wrote: Hey,

olivergringold wrote:
Hey, Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I followed all the instructions on blasphemychallenge.com (including the web adress in my video description, posting the video from the link on the website, entitling the video The Blasphemy Challenge, e-mailing waronchristmas with the link and my full adress, etc) well over a week ago, and yet nothing has come in the mail.

I don't think we ever expected people to be so impatient.  I mean a week ago!  Whoa!

We're a 3 man operation (one works full time)at the core level of work which includes maintaining this website all day, dealing with over 200 emails per day including myspace, fielding media requests, producing youtube videos and radio shows, maintenance of 3 other atheist sites within our network, handling friend requests and comments on 6 different myspace profiles, and most importantly spending hours per day dealing with the many media requests that have been coming in, including doing interviews and then making them available to you at the bottom of the page.

All blasphemers that submitted their info before December 19th have had their DVDs mailed.  Everyone who sent their information between the 19th and today, they should go out this week.  But maybe some wont.

Quote:
 Is there any way to verify if we submitted our blasphemies on time to receive a DVD, or any way to get a reply from waronchristmas about the shipping status of our DVDs?

We'd appreciate it if you wait until you get the DVD to verify that it came, which it will be, however if you'd like to add yet another chore to my list, feel free, send me your name and address, and I'll look through several hundred names to find out exactly where yours is.

Quote:
I sent a followup e-mail asking just that about two or three days ago, but to no avail. Have I been conned?

No.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=46262AB0EC94AAB0

Quote:
I'd like to think not, given that plenty of other folks have testified to receiving their DVDs...mine, apparently, seems to have vanished.

Patience.  Think like a rebate company, 4-8 weeks for delivery, then be surprised when it only takes 3.

olivergringold
olivergringold's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for the quick

Thanks for the quick reply.  As stated, I didn't think I was fooled as there are plenty of reports from people who've already received the DVDs, and I have already watched the YouTube video you linked to.  I was more concerned that I hadn't submitted in time, or if it was possible that I neglected to follow a certain guideline (which, if there is some sort of error, is probably what happened...I'm notoriously forgetful).

I won't waste your time forcing you to sift through your mail a second time to locate my exact information.  After watching your interview with Richard Dawkins I sort of got the impression that your operation was slightly larger than "3 man", so I do apologize for my impatience.  I suppose I just took for granted that this project was taking place on a larger scale than it apparently is.

Thanks very much for the reply, and I look forward to watching The God Who Wasn't There. 

"No end justifies the means of lying."
-Penn Jillette

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
olivergringold

olivergringold wrote:

After watching your interview with Richard Dawkins I sort of got the impression that your operation was slightly larger than "3 man", so I do apologize for my impatience.

Well there are a great many people involved on many levels, much of the logistics work to keep everything running is done by myself.  Rook and Razor help as often as possible which amounts to only about 3 hours per day each.  Razorcade is shipping almost all of the 1,000 dvds himself while managing to keep his family and boss happy.

Kudos to Razorcade btw.