Atheist's beware! New Theist argument that might be hard to overcome(Obvious Sarcasm)

Pathofreason
Superfan
Pathofreason's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheist's beware! New Theist argument that might be hard to overcome(Obvious Sarcasm)

Ok well last night I was having a discussion with a Christian on historical evidence of Jesus' existence. Well I asked them to show me proof or historical evidence or an account of Jesus outside of the bible(Aside from Josephus ect.) Well to my surprise this Christian said and I quote " Well....I guess Joseph Smith! I mean he wrote about Jesus and he was thousands of years after he died! I mean how would he know enough to create a second account of Jesus if jesus never existed!"

"Is that your final answer?"

-I could not believe what I was hearing...an Instant Conversion to Mormonism. hahahaha Wow.....I mean sure I laugh...but it's actually kinda sad.

Co-Founder of the Atheist/Freethought website Pathofreason.com

www.pathofreason.com

Check it out

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
holy crap...momma always

holy crap...momma always told me stupid is as stupid does.  but shit...

You should have pulled out a piece of paper and wrote a third account of Jesus while that guy watched you.  That would have really blown his mind.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
"I mean how would he know

"I mean how would he know enough to create a second account of Jesus if jesus never existed!"

Its called fiction. 

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

Tilberian
Tilberian's picture
User is offlineOffline
How could Peter Jackson

How could Peter Jackson create a second account of the War of the Ring if Middle Earth never existed?

Lazy is a word we use when someone isn't doing what we want them to do.
- Dr. Joy Brown

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well... i must admit i have

Well... i must admit i have never heard of that arguement before... so kudos for creativity.