Fox News rants about the new fad: Atheism

meshblorg
meshblorg's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fox News rants about the new fad: Atheism

http://onegoodmove.org/1gm/1gmarchive/2007/06/father_jonathan.html

Look at these dumb primates.  Atheism is what you're born into before you are indoctrinated into one of thousands of beliefs about the cosmos by your parents/community.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Everything on FAUX "news"

Everything on FAUX "news" is total bullshit anyway.

inspectormustard
atheist
inspectormustard's picture
User is offlineOffline
Better get ready to change

Better get ready to change Iraq to Iran.

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
I find it ironic how the

I find it ironic how the bitch throws in the freebie politicized abortion, ingognito statement about the "miracle of pregnancy and birth".  This is the reason why the world and this country has turned to shit.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Tomcat
User is offlineOffline
All I've gotta say is that

All I've gotta say is that this preist sounds scared, like he's scrambling.  He ends up saying the equivalent of "Doz poopie-head atheits tink theyz so smart! We sho dem who smart!"

You know you're doing well when major news agencies resort to undermining your credibility and going for the ad homs.

Fox is scared of us

The Enlightenment wounded the beast, but the killing blow has yet to land...

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tomcat wrote: All I've

Tomcat wrote:

All I've gotta say is that this preist sounds scared, like he's scrambling. He ends up saying the equivalent of "Doz poopie-head atheits tink theyz so smart! We sho dem who smart!"

You know you're doing well when major news agencies resort to undermining your credibility and going for the ad homs.

Fox is scared of us

, I too hope they are scared. Jefferson too would love see religious propaganda machines squerm too. 

Hey Fox, how about some air time? What's the matter? Afraid we might compete? Or do you go where the money goes and stick to selling fear? 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

hutch
User is offlineOffline
"...suffer their atheism"

"...suffer their atheism" "The world makes a whole lot more sense if God exists."

Oh well that explains it! All this time I thought a world with God made absolutely NO sense at all. I'm glad I heard this, I've seen the light now. Oh and the eye, I haven't heard that argument before either!

peppermint
Superfan
peppermint's picture
User is offlineOffline
Good, they can rant about

Good, they can rant about the "new" fad of atheism, and I can rant about the "new" fad of propaganda in the news, namely Fox.

Oh wait...neither of them are new....

Undecided

*Our world is far more complex than the rigid structure we want to assign to it, and we will probably never fully understand it.*

"Those believers who are sophisticated enough to understand the paradox have found exciting ways to bend logic into pretzel shapes in order to defend the indefensible." - Hamby

Bigg
Bigg's picture
User is offlineOffline
hutch wrote: "...suffer

hutch wrote:

"...suffer their atheism" "The world makes a whole lot more sense if God exists."

Oh well that explains it! All this time I thought a world with God made absolutely NO sense at all. I'm glad I heard this, I've seen the light now. Oh and the eye, I haven't heard that argument before either!

Pretty much what i was thinking too,that and how sad it is 90%

of the country is brainwashed into the delusion. 

"Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions."--Frater Ravus

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
41% of Americans still

41% of Americans still believe there was a connection between Saddam Hussein and 9/11.  That's down from a much higher number (I don't remember, let's say 82%).  So, according to the pedophile church representative that would mean the reality of a Saddam/9-11 connection dropped by 50%.

So if the percentage of a population that believes in god goes from 90% to 45% then god is only half as real as he was before. Well, the priest has a problem.  Of the 90% only 76.5% believe in the Christian god.  And of the 90% only 24.5% are Catholic.  So, if we accept the argument presented by the priest God is less than a quarter real.

Then his god gets even more non-existent if we go somewhere like Sweden where God really doesn't exist at all.  Even Kirk and Spock can't save this dying god. 

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
i'm not sure who is the

i'm not sure who is the bigger idiot, the priest or the blonde anchor. but it's awesome that george clooney and angelina jolie are atheists. good looking atheists. rich good looking atheists. yummy.

www.derekneibarger.com http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=djneibarger "all postures of submission and surrender should be part of our prehistory." -christopher hitchens