Favorite creationist

Bigg
Bigg's picture
User is offlineOffline
Favorite creationist

Who is your favorite creationist?
For me sofar its Kent Hovind.Between ignorance,assorted logical fallacies,and his lame ass jokes,and using arguments even answers in genesis says to steer clear of,I find him even more entertaining than Ray and Kirk.

"Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions."--Frater Ravus

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yes. In terms of pure

Yes. In terms of pure stupidity and entertainment, Ken Hovind is the winner. I have corresponded with some prominent creationists who are actually, ahem, "scientists" like Behe, Ross and Thaxton, and they are all quite unintelligent and dishonest, but most of them do not actually suffer from mental illness apart from conditioned stupidity. Hovind, on the other hand, has brain damage...

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

zntneo
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I don't think i can choose

I don't think i can choose my favorite nutter

Bigg
Bigg's picture
User is offlineOffline
zntneo wrote:I don't think

zntneo wrote:
I don't think i can choose my favorite nutter

C'mon man,you have to have favorites.Even if its a person you know irl(gotta cite the idoicy tho)

Not all crazy people are created equal. 

"Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions."--Frater Ravus

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
I know Hovind only through

I know Hovind only through reputation (all bad).

For sheer entertainment value, you can't go wrong with that stupid banana idea. Smiling  Every time I eat a banana I think about it and laugh...then think of the stupid peanut butter video, which was even worse.

Who did the peanut butter video...you know, the one where you're supposed to find new life forms in your sandwich ingredients? Smiling 

So I guess I have to go for the crocoduck team and their nightmare bananas. Eye-wink 

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Bigg
Bigg's picture
User is offlineOffline
Chuck Missler iirc

Chuck Missler iirc

Heinous Berzerker
Heinous Berzerker's picture
User is offlineOffline
One of my neigbors. I was at

One of my neigbors. I was at her house one time when she told me the wonderful news that somewhere in California, "they" discovered a tree that was over 6000 years old still alive, and so it was not a seeded tree, it was a created tree. She was ecstatic.

"Who, like some evil Atlas, turned the world upside down upon their shoulders, and made shams and delusions into absolute truths, and absolute truths into inviolate heresy?" Elliot Merrick, True North (this may be a misquote, but is close, I don't have th

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kent Hovind deconverted my

Kent Hovind deconverted my brother, plus he's just so damned funny. So, Hovind.

Krehlic
Krehlic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Most Unintelligent = Kent

Most Unintelligent = Kent Hovind

Most Amusing = Ray Comfort

Most Pathetic = Kirk Cameron

Most Troublesome (as of right now) = Ken Ham

My favorite = Dr. Kenny Barfield - A local creationist who taught me, along with the rest of my class in high school (Christian school), the tricks of the trade. We dedicated a semester of our junior year to proving God's existence. If I had to attribute my deconversion to any one person, it would be him. Barfield has written several books, too. None of which I have read (I think I got the bulk of it from the few hundred (literally) handouts I received in his class, of which I still have nearly every one).

Flying Spaghetti Monster -- Great Almighty God? Or GREATEST Almighty God?

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
All of them are asshats.

All of them are asshats.

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
Heinous Berzerker

Heinous Berzerker wrote:
One of my neigbors. I was at her house one time when she told me the wonderful news that somewhere in California, "they" discovered a tree that was over 6000 years old still alive, and so it was not a seeded tree, it was a created tree. She was ecstatic.

that is classic!! almost as good as the tree that was leaking water and all the christians came pray at it because it just had to be holy water. 

www.derekneibarger.com http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=djneibarger "all postures of submission and surrender should be part of our prehistory." -christopher hitchens

Noor
User is offlineOffline
Harun Yahya is pretty

Harun Yahya is pretty amusing. But I'd have to go with Kent Hovind too.