National Day of Reason

SassyDevil
SassyDevil's picture
User is offlineOffline
National Day of Reason

Has anyone heard of the National Day of Reason?  I just did a search about the All American March after finding the website gone, and this URL came up.  It's probably related, since it occurs on the same day the March is/was to take place (May 3, 2007).  In any case, I endorsed it, and I'm sharing it in case anyone here is interested.

ShaunPhilly
High Level ModeratorSilver Member
ShaunPhilly's picture
User is offlineOffline
I actually participated in

I actually participated in the national Day of Reason 2 or 3 years ago in PA.  A local group (PAN--Pennsylvania Nonbelievers) set up a table with literature about atheism, humanism, etc (with written permission) inside the capital building on the same day as the National Day of Prayer.  We talked with a number of people there, including state reps, visitors, and a few fiery evangelicals who worked there.

At one point, a particularly zealous representative ran across us and was quite beside himself.  Ge told us that we could not be there and that he would have another table for people not trying to spread the lies of evolution and secular evils.  A couple of hours later, a woman set up a table with Creationist and Christian literature, with whom we had a cordial, yet passionate discussion with.  It drew a bit of attention, us both being there, and we were told by some staffers taht they felt pity for us, and offered us literature (while rejecting ours).

Quite a day, that was.  I'd do it again.

I'll fight for a person's right to speak so long as that person will, in return, fight to allow me to challenge their opinions and ridicule them as the content of their ideas merit.

AModestProposal
AModestProposal's picture
User is offlineOffline
Screw that. I say we should

Screw that. I say we should have Atheist History Month.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Atheist Blood Drive on May

Atheist Blood Drive on May 3rd: http://www.atheistvolunteers.org/