AAI Convention on Good Morning America

Cruci Fiction
User is offlineOffline

UltraMonk
User is offlineOffline
People are commenting in

People are commenting in the comments section think and fast. Interesting to note that there are some religious people complaining about the report being shown on a Sunday Morning ....

: Freedom - The opportunity to have responsibility.

: Liberty is about protecting the right of others to disagree with you.

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Where is the comment

Where is the comment section?  That link just gives me a video and links to other news stories. 

I actually thought that news segment was pretty good (aside from Hitchens being slightly confusing if you didn't already know what he was talking about) so I could see why Theists would be upset. 

UltraMonk
User is offlineOffline

MyDogCole
MyDogCole's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cool! Hitchens is the man!

Cool! Hitchens is the man!

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Just think of all the good

"Just think of all the good religion has done..." asks the interviewer.  That's a good point.  I mean religion isn't all that bad so maybe we should keep it around.  The Nazis built great highways and developed rocket technology which led to our space program.  So when someone says the Nazis were bad for executing millions because of their religion or sexual persuasion just remember, "Just think of all the good Nazis have done."

I was impressed with the story though.  Usually when there's a story involving Atheists the media has to get the bigot's point of view by asking some religious nut how evil Atheists really are.  This time they didn't do it, which speaks highly of ABC.

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
D-cubed wrote: "Just think

D-cubed wrote:

"Just think of all the good religion has done..." asks the interviewer. That's a good point. I mean religion isn't all that bad so maybe we should keep it around. The Nazis built great highways and developed rocket technology which led to our space program. So when someone says the Nazis were bad for executing millions because of their religion or sexual persuasion just remember, "Just think of all the good Nazis have done."

I always wish someone would reply once "Yeah, and just imagine what we would all accomplish if we all let go of our religious ties and focused on humanity."