Kinda stuck here......

crushingstep7
Theist
crushingstep7's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kinda stuck here......

Ok, so I like to play out these conversations, basically debate with myself..... maybe a little wierd.lol

So anyway, I was thinking.... Ok, so God is an all knowing being. That's what I'm told. So if I sat down with God and asked him "Where will I be working in 10 years, 3 months, 22 days, and 2 minutes exactly?" he would be able to give me an absolute answer, right? [hopefully not Taco-Bello or something like that]  But at the same time, I'm told people have been given, by God, Free Will. How can this be? If God already knows what's going to happen, then how do I have free will? Either way, I'm gonna end up in THAT place, according to God. 

So then I imagined what a believer in God would say, and I came up with  "You have the ability to make the choice either way, but God knows which choice you'll make in the end."

I'm kinda stuck here b/c I don't even know if the pro God argument makes sense... but I can't figure out a counter arguement. Idk, I have alot of scattered thoughts, and I was just thinking that God would need to be able to travel time......

And now I can't remember why God would need to travel time. F@#k.

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: So then I imagined

Quote:
So then I imagined what a believer in God would say, and I came up with  "You have the ability to make the choice either way, but God knows which choice you'll make in the end."

If he knows then it's predetermined, if it's that, then there's no freewill, since what will happen will happen no matter what. It's not your choice, or god's choice, as he knows therefore predetermined... etc.

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

crushingstep7
Theist
crushingstep7's picture
User is offlineOffline
   Haha, thanks. That

Thank God  Haha, thanks. That was gay [unfavorable, w/e], cuz I had the answer, but I just couldn't spit it out. One of a million splinters is gone.... on to the next ones.lol