ANGER

Xeron
User is offlineOffline
ANGER

Sometime in 2006 , in  remote vilage in romania , a 26yo young woman, mentally ill (schizo i think) was taken to a monastery to be healed . They deemed her posessed , tied her up to a cross , chanted shit for several days untill she eventually went into a coma , died hours later on an ambulance cause of starvation/thirst and abuse

Finaly the verdict : The priest gets 7 years in jail , the nuns 5 .

A friend of mine does 9 years for beeing caught with a rather large bag of marihuana

I`ll get back with details later on , but just google " tanacu " or " tanacu case "  

Xeron
User is offlineOffline
http://habitusnetwork.org/or

http://habitusnetwork.org/orthodox-church/jail-sentence-to-exorcist-priest-who-crucified-nun-2.html

link

on 31 january 2008 the trial is finaly over (or not?) and they reached a verdict on a 7yo sentence instead of 17 , the priest`s defenders are attacking this aswell . In the meanwhile I earn $200/month working my ass off and the asshats in the government are building a Nation`s cathedral worht close to 300 mill dolars....

I live in a small town of 5000 and we have 9 NINE fuckin churches

Sorry for the tone but I`m just so darn angry....1 ruined half-functional hospital and 9 churches with enough gold in between them to buy a small island somewhere 

cam
User is offlineOffline
the pot laws around the

the pot laws around the world suck hard. Pot should be legal and so should a bunch of other drugs.

I'd rather see the priest and nuns go to psyciatric treatment rather than prison because in 7 years they are going to be released and be nuttier than ever. 

Xeron
User is offlineOffline
what scares me is the level

what scares me is the level of simphaty this priest gets around here . It`s allmoast like "HOW DARE YOU PUT A MAN OF GOD ON TRIAL"

on anothe note , there is a lot of fuss goin on here about unmasking ex-communist colaborators that are still in high social positions , but the church declared that it will not be submited to such "civil" investigations , and that the church will assign inside commities to check priests who colaborated with the communist terror regime , the church is not in the same category as the rest of us poor foolish mortals and our petty laws do not apply to them . 

About marihuana , i agre,it SHOULD be legal , but it`s not , and so ...you get caught you get punished , that`s just fair , law is law after all but ...9 years for marihuana and 7 for torture and murder...that`s just wrong . Then again we are a christian nation, the church has the highest trust rate amongst the citizens according to most pools , so....

I would not be surprized if in 2 years from now the priest will be the abused one , a hero infact , and all the blame will rest on those poor ambulance paramedics that suposedly gave the woman a adrenaline overdose that (killed her? she was in a coma when the got there, near-death )

I remember the live news from back then , the villagers surounded the monastery with sticks, poles , axes and pitchforks to deffend there priest ....ffs felt like watching frankenstein .... 

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
Xeron wrote: About

Xeron wrote:

About marihuana , i agre,it SHOULD be legal , but it`s not , and so ...you get caught you get punished , that`s just fair , law is law after all

I don't mean to derail this topic (in fact, it would make me feel much better about this if no one replied to my post at all, please), but law is law? Really? What a sad world you must live in. I wonder what you would say were atheism outlawed.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
First of all you have every

First of all you have every right to be angry, and don't feel like you need to apologize for that here.

Second, I think if the priest and nuns would have simply been smoking your buddies marijuana all along, this whole thing might have been avoided.

Slayne
Slayne's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient

Sapient wrote:

Second, I think if the priest and nuns would have simply been smoking your buddies marijuana all along, this whole thing might have been avoided.

priceless... seeing as Creation is the big bong theory.

as for the priest and nuns by most laws its a slap on the wrist if they do it for God. Sad isnt it.

Oh and to the stupid comment from the theist with a butt pic. the atheism illegal thing was done and your theist buddies killed most most of us for denouncing god, dummy.  besides I cant think of any atheist that killed for a purpose, only those with mental issues. but you know you theists should understand mental issues better than us seeing as all of you have the issues.

If God didn't want atheists than we wouldn't exist..

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: besides I cant think

Quote:
besides I cant think of any atheist that killed for a purpose, only those with mental issues.

To be fair, Stalin was an atheist, and he had a purpose in all his killing.  His purpose was not atheism, though.  Same with Pol Pot.

In both cases, the purpose was an idealized, politicized cultural model that was based on ideology, not fact.   Atheists are not immune from irrationality, though they do seem far less prone to it on a mass scale.

Having said that, I agree completely with the OP.  It's a travesty, and it's certainly representative of fucked up values that weed, which makes people docile and passive, carries a stiffer penalty than murder.

Here's my take on atheism and anger:

Why Are Atheists So Angry?

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism