Atheists [Trollville]

petgrad
User is offlineOffline
Atheists [Trollville]

A major University just conlcuded that atheists have smaller brains than the rest of the population. A subsequent study should that they are also less active socially; in simple terms that means they don't get laid much.

This is very disturbing. I'm thinking of becoming a born again Muslim.

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
petgrad wrote: A major

petgrad wrote:

A major University just conlcuded that atheists have smaller brains than the rest of the population. A subsequent study should that they are also less active socially; in simple terms that means they don't get laid much.

Maybe their brains are smaller because they aren't as full of themselves as Christians. 

Got a link for this propaganda? 

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh?  What University? 

Oh?  What University?  Let me guess, was it Libery University?  Where is your link to the study.

I know I shouldn't be feeding trolls this early in the morning.

I'm not quite certain what getting laid has to do with a smaller brain but since my brain is of normal size, I'll assume sure you are basing this on personal experience. 

If god takes life he's an indian giver

zntneo
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Brain size has no

Brain size has no cooleration to intelligence. They have done studies that show there is cooleration of atheism to intelliegence.  I would also bet that there might be a cooleration between intelligent people and poor socail skills, but thats pure speculation on my part.

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
I tried measuring my brain

I tried measuring my brain size once. But I had a hard time putting it back in so I decided once was enough.

zntneo
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
wavefreak wrote: I tried

wavefreak wrote:
I tried measuring my brain size once. But I had a hard time putting it back in so I decided once was enough.

Dude wave you're awesome.  and this is fucking hilarious.

On a more surious note, I have a huge brain but thats because i have hydrocephalus (water on the brain) so having a huge brain means nothing. 

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline

petgrad wrote:

Now, here I thought Christians were the ones not getting laid.  Aren't they called to chastity?  I am going to become a born again iconoclast.  This is the type of stuff I read and I want to start turning people into soap and sausage.

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome, petgrad. Petgrad?

Welcome, petgrad.

Petgrad? I suspect someone in the field of animal health. (Please, oh please, say it's so!)

When you get a chance, we'd love it if you'd hop over to General Conversation, Introductions and Humor and introduce yourself.

You might find this article on Religiosity and intelligence interesting. I does not, however, address the possibility of either group getting laid. Eye-wink

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Personally, I think these

Personally, I think these religion vs intelligence studies are a waste of time. This shows nothing about the existance of God. Some Scientists believe and some don't. To try and draw this kind of corelations is pointless and dishonest.

Little Roller U...
Superfan
Little Roller Up First's picture
User is offlineOffline
I know I'm not the first to

I know I'm not the first to recognize the fallacy here. OP seems to be trying to say either:

"Bubba over there believes in God. Bubba's also smarter than President Bush, and gets laid alot. Therefore God exists" or:

"Joe is an atheist. Joe's also dumber than a pile of rocks and hasn't gotten laid since 1977. Therefore God exists."

Or both. Either way, the existence of smart theists and dumb atheists does not prove either the existence or non-existence of any gods.

wavefreak wrote:

This will be my new sig from now on. Wavefreak wins an internet.Cool

Good night, funny man, and thanks for the laughter.

SamSexton
User is offlineOffline
1.brain size is not equal

1.brain size is not equal to intelligence. In fact, a smaller brain with a more compact neural network means that connections are made faster resulting in higher intelligence

2.a long list of studies shows atheists have a higher intelligence (although i'm sure the results would be better if they differentiated between people who have no religion because they think religion is stupid and those that have made the rational descision that God is improbable)

3.Theists probably are more sociable, because they contrigate in big communities every week.

4. making the assumption that by extention being sociable (given point 3) means getting laid more is stupid

Strafio
Strafio's picture
User is offlineOffline
Reading our responses to

Reading our responses to this post, I'm wondering if we might be taking ourselves a little bit too seriously? Laughing out loud

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Petgrad is trolling. It's

Petgrad is trolling. It's yet another one post attack which he thinks will suddenly sway us into thinking "Oh hey! God exists." which won't happen. He provided no evidence. No reference of the study. I'm guessing if such a study was done it was by one of those crackpot universities that does Creation "Science".

As a result of this waste of valuable space I have decided to move this thread to trollville where it belongs.

Strafio
Strafio's picture
User is offlineOffline
I got the impression that he

I got the impression that he was a freethinker of sorts who was being ironic, hence the "I'm going to become a born again Muslim so I can get laid more" quip at the end.
It's so difficult to tell on forums when there's no tone of voice! Laughing out loud

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline

petgrad wrote:

Spelling error. They meant theists.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.