Mar a Lago searched with legal warrant.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Mar a Lago searched with legal warrant.

Some who may read this may falsely buy the former guy's "poor me" act in falsely play victim. One politician said "If they can do this to a former president, they can do it to anyone". WRONG, NO THEY CANNOT. In this instance it took two seperate government entities to GO THROUGH A COURT JUDGE, to obtain the warrant. They cannot simply knock down someone's door whenever they want. Secondly, they have been patient forever requesting the voluntary return of such documents, this was not a sudden thing. Third it is just the opposite, if a former president can break any law they want, then emagine what a future president can do to a no name. Oversight and checks on power are not tyranny, and anyone claiming the former guy is being bullied is full of FUCKING SHIT! He was the one with the power. He is not the victim. 

The Presidential Records Act of 1978 was written in response to what Nixon attempted in trying to cover up his crime. The former guy has done far worse and it is only because he has a party of sycophants and not the GOP of Nixon, that he has gotten away with what he has so far. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Good thing it was Trump.

Good thing it was Trump. Imagine if it was Obama. They'd have shot him.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
 You want so much wealth

You want so much wealth and power to flow to Washington and then bitch that a power mad narcissist would try to control it all. What other outcome could there possible be except criminals in charge with massive power over us since taxation is theft?

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
 You want so much wealth

DP

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
EXC wrote: You want so much

EXC wrote:

You want so much wealth and power to flow to Washington and then bitch that a power mad narcissist would try to control it all. What other outcome could there possible be except criminals in charge with massive power over us since taxation is theft?

I know you grew up when your parent's told you to look up words in their collection of clay sanskrit tablets. But you don't even need a dictionary now. Google the word "neuance" because you obviously have none.

You, "human beings are corrupt".

Me, "They can be sure. But why does that mean having no government at all will work? Wouldn't that acutally make it much easier for the corrupt wealthy to do even worse?"

You are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

You can't rightfully point out that human nature can lead people to be abusive, then offer a sollution of less regulation which would be the gas on the fire and create more abuse.

If letting the rich always do whatever they wanted all the time and always assuming they will do the right thing with no oversight, then we wouldn't have had the great depression, or the crash of 88, or the dot com crash in the 90s or Bush's tripple whammy housing/car/ bank bust. We wouldn't have things like Enron, or Wells Fargo, or Genx or coal ash dumped in our water supply. 

And our heath care system is still a fucking joke. And even with Romneycare/Obamacare it is still difficult for people to meet their premiums or pay their medical bills. It is better now than when we didn't have the ACA, but still. If you think for one second things would get cheaper by scrapping the ACA you are full of shit. What we ultimately need to do is END our for profit health care system, the way it is now. There should be no billing at all. Nobody should ever have to worry about going broke for something that will happen to all of us at some point. 

But people like you have this stupid all or nothing attitude and live in a utopia that if you just masturbate over Ayn Rand you'll know that Marie Antoinette was right, and cake is great food when you cant afford it. 

It never fucking occurs to you that long term economies are a matter of constant adjustments, not stagnant cookie cutter's and one size fits all. YES we should cut taxes when needed and where needed. But we also need to pay taxes for regulations. Be cause I do want cops, I do want a military, I do want a health food inspector making sure the meat at the grocery store or at my favorite restaurant isn't going to poison me. 

But no, sorry, we've done Reagan's bullshit trickle up economics and it does not work. Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk have more money than all the planets in all the galaxies in the universe.  Your poor little billionaire chicken little crying does not work on me. Go join the MAGA party if you want to have your insecurities codddled. 

I am sure the abacus you use can't handle Elon Musk's net worth, but just to let you know it is $263.7 billion. Now, if you can manage to find a calculator divide that by 200 years, then 12 months. That is an average of about $100,000,000 A MONTH for the next 200 years. He could spend $100 million a month for the next 200 years and still not go broke. 

We need those taxes to fix things, especially fighting climate change and cleaning up our osceans and fostering clean energy. For you to justify his hoarding is sick. It is justifying vanity and nothing more. You can have a private sector without being so over the top our species becomes under threat, and we are. There is more than billioniares living on this planet, and if they do not care to realize that, they also will not have shit to leave their own families or future generations. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I'm not against

I'm not against government. How can you claim that when I want governmetn to restrict how many people are born and to whom? I also want to restrict immigration since we don't have housing, infrastructure or a healtcare system to support letting all the world's poor move here. Stop with the straw man and debate my actual claims.

Taxation is supposedly the 'price for civilzation'. My claim is that this is complete BS. The price for civilization is preventing and punishing uncivilized behaviors. Having people that are responsible to get marketable job skill and work hard pay the bills for those that do not is not civil. Allowing people that can't take care of a child to have as many as the please and send me the bill is not civil behavior, that is a formula for anarchy. Opening the borders to all the world's poor to come here on the taxpayers dime is anarchy. You are the anarchist.

But you can't debate what I actually claim so just make up the claim that I'm against government altogether. I'm against government using taxation to punish reposible behaviors to fund irresponsible behaviors. If you can't see that is what is going on, then screw you and screw this country this going down the tubes.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
 I don't get you, how the

I don't get you, how the fuck do you think regulations get paid for? You cannot get what you want done without taxes. Secondly, you can value capacity issues without being a fucking racist dick to humans who simply do not want to starve to death. 

If you insist on limits, deporting people also cannot be black and white, you have to have some place to send them back to or find some other country willing to take them. It is fucking inuman to send someone right back to where they could starve to death or be murdered. 

I have two hispanic families living on both sides of me. I have lived where I live now for 15 years now. They are not living on the streets, they live in houses, they most likely have their own health care, since they cannot apply for government assistance. They keep their property up, the guy on one side of me owns his own landscaping company. They do quite well for themselves. 

Now me on the other hand, the only reason I am not living on the street right now is because my late mother saved her ass off. I struggeled my entire life and always needed her help. And if I were to go broke right now, I would be more of a financial burden on the system than my neighbors, AND I WAS FUCKING BORN HERE!

Most people who migrate here ARE NOT criminals. Most people in prison ARE BORN HERE. Most people who who are on government programs ARE ALSO BORN HERE. The best way to reduce poverty and government burdon is to pay BOTH migrants with or without papers a livable wage, and pay the people born here  livable wage.

America has always been a nation of migrants, and I am damned sure not going to let you or anyone else destroy that. If you want better regulations those take taxes, and if you think my neighbors do not pay taxes, you are a fucking idiot. Not paying income tax could be fixed by not treating them like an infestation and allow them to work legally in the first place, papers or not. But outside income tax, every time they buy something, they pay taxes on that. If you suddenly kicked out 11million undocumented people, you would crash the economy. 

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: Good

Beyond Saving wrote:

Good thing it was Trump. Imagine if it was Obama. They'd have shot him.

Imagine if it was Biden.