Voting as moral wrong

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Voting as moral wrong

https://www.libertarianism.org/columns/voting-moral-wrong

I believe that since everyone is telling you to vote and telling you how important voting is, one should be very skeptical of this claim. Seems this is just like the claim that 'one must believe in some type of higher power', which is by far still a majority view throughout the world and is continually pushed on everyone as fact. Voting at best is a tiny concession to the unwashed masses to ensure their enslavement the rest of the time.

Morality is kind a BS concept. So, I say voting is irrational if you have respect for individuals, if you believe in diversity, if you don't think every problem in the world can be solved with deady force, if you believe that might or a majority does not make right. I believe voting with your feet, your time and your pocketbook is much more powerful tool than telling the men with the guns what they should do. If you believe the pen is mighter than the sword, why do you think voting is so important?

Since government is deadly force(not a magic wand), voting is like the Purge movies. Once a year you get to have a say in how deadly force is to be used, the rest of the time you live under the gun. You can get back at the rich and try to get the men with guns to make everything 'fair'. There is nothing rational or scientific about this. Just raw revenge.

Respect the individual, respect the environment, reason and science should be our guide. Not this irrational mess going on today.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen