Note to my fellow human beings....

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Note to my fellow human beings....

There is no god helping humans. There is no Jesus, or Allah or Yahweh or Buddha or Vishnu. But there are tons of decent human beings worldwide of all beliefs, whom I'd merely argue that our species ability to do good and be good is in us, as individuals. I have no desire as an atheist to force any religion out of existence. But would only argue to my fellow humans that if they can accept that others outside their sect, outside their religion, are as capable of being good and doing good, then my argument is, that our species morality is in OUR SPECIES, not old mythology.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Moralizing and forced

Moralizing and forced charity via taxation to make people do 'good' is manipulation which enslaves the masses and makes the elites more powerful and wealthy, whether is is done by a theist or atheist.

Freedom and knowledge should be the pursuits of a rationally minded person, not enslavement to moral codes of religious and political indoctrination.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen