Pantheism

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Pantheism

Pantheism
Back in the early 60's at the Minneapolis MN library I read an article by a Russian writer on Pantheism.  He predicted the world will eventually have one religion.
I got to thinking about that this last day or two and and came across the idea that maybe the world has always had a Pantheistic religion.

That would be predicated on the idea that the central object of religions is the existence of a super natural entity. It's merely a matter of disagreemts that make them seem different. But, deciphering the super natural entity is a core of individuals that make all the determinations. A question then arises, would this be pantheism?

Lets take a step into the future and have a look. The world has come under one central body of religious authority. Would then, every clergyman agree with the central body authority. I would say not hardly. If the going consenus were that the world "is" pantheistic would it really be pantheism if there are disagreements in theology. Even if the general clergy disagree on certain points but yet implement the standard beliefs, is it pantheism. What it looks like is- it's would be just a matter of agreement that the world woud be pantheistic or not, would that not be the case.

So, lets tranport to today and compare. Do we have pantheism today and it's just a matter of disagreement on certain particulars. IF, the central beliefs extend from an existence of a supernatural being in all religions---wouldnt that be pantheism. Does disagreement negate Pantheism?

Compare the two in there different times.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
There is 0 chance the

There is 0 chance the religions of the world could be reduced to one. New religions are created all the time. Probably daily, though most die out before they get far. The only possible way a single religion could supplant all others permanently is if it were proved true. Even then I doubt it would pull it off.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Agree.

Vastet wrote:
There is 0 chance the religions of the world could be reduced to one. New religions are created all the time. Probably daily, though most die out before they get far. The only possible way a single religion could supplant all others permanently is if it were proved true. Even then I doubt it would pull it off.

you hit the nail fair square. The object of the post is, if religions all have a same central belief (in this case a supernatural being) then they are all the same. They just disagree on particulars and each religion is run by egotists who want to maintain being top dogs.  Personal status is #1. The followers believe that the operaters have direct contact with the central being, when it can be plainly seen that anyone can come up with what the leaders do. We all can squrim an answer for anything.The peoples in one place aren't any different then in another. So, all different religions produce the same kind of people. So, all people then wouldn't be pantheism, they would be pandemo---I think.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Since the entity god is

Since the entity god is supernatural, it can't be defined by natural man in natural language. So any religion or religious belief about god can't be defined either.

So you're right about religion all being the same. It's all delusional people, that don't really know what they believe.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:There is 0

Vastet wrote:

Don't look now dumbass, but I agree.  Kinda like not all atheists agree all the time.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
You actually read something?

You actually read something? Holy shit. Mark the calendar. It's been like 4 years.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
That's correct

EXC wrote:

Since the entity god is supernatural, it can't be defined by natural man in natural language. So any religion or religious belief about god can't be defined either.

So you're right about religion all being the same. It's all delusional people, that don't really know what they believe.

as I see it also. This is connected to the another thread --if you recall, if all religions are the same then they are all christian, muslim and everything else. It's merely a matter of agreement and disagreement. IE-If in Catholosicim there are disagreements within their own theology then what's the difference if theres disagreements over-all in religions as a whole. The point being made is, if they all have a central belief that their religions are formed around (in this case a supreme being) thne it's nothing more then a case of religious followers are all Christian, or, are they all muslim, or---whatever.