Canadian anglicans vote to accept gay marriage

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Canadian anglicans vote to accept gay marriage

Have to love the changes at work against the unalterable word of god in all religions seeking to survive the century.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/anglicans-to-allow-same-sex-marriage-after-vote-recount-1.3676140

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Have to love

Vastet wrote:
Have to love the changes at work against the unalterable word of god in all religions seeking to survive the century. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/anglicans-to-allow-same-sex-marriage-after-vote-recount-1.3676140

Canada should invade America and take over.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 That is what every

That is what every religion does, it cannot simply do the right thing and give up on bad claims. It adapts to stay relevent. And that is what holds back progress, it spends way more time clinging to the past until others stop putting up with it then it says "Oh we were always for it" no, it simply cherry picks to adapt.

It's had a far longer history of bigotry, sexism and violence. This is merely our REAL human empathy overriding an old book of myth.

But that does not change the words in it just just because THAT particular country is becoming more liberal. The bible is used in other parts of the world that still condemn homosexuality.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Canada

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I'm not sure how we could fix anything though. It's basically the same problems facing the middle east: Noone wants outsiders telling them what to do, and no outsider can be sufficiently aware of all the cultural and systemic issues that make the problems in order to fix them.

Many of the problems in the US stem from decades or centuries previous. Most or all major cities are heavily divided due to racist policies from ages ago. Blacks here, whites there, railroad or highway to keep them separate, etc. These cities really contribute to the problems, and I can't think of any solution that would be workable.

Some things would be easy, like shutting down the war on drugs. But then I wouldn't trust us to actually do that since we're now behind the US in ending that bs. At least until next year when marijuana is scheduled to be legalised. But even then, that's only one drug.

I might joke about Canada conquering the US, and under certain circumstances it might even be feasible. But we could never hold and govern the US. We don't have remotely enough people or resources to do that. And we'd probably suck at it even if we did. We've never even tried it with a third world country, let alone a superpower.

Only America can fix America.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Vastet

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Have to love the changes at work against the unalterable word of god in all religions seeking to survive the century. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/anglicans-to-allow-same-sex-marriage-after-vote-recount-1.3676140

I'd agree as long as they didn't have an asshole like Vastet as PM, I think they have a very level headed guy right now. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:digitalbeachbum

Vastet wrote:
digitalbeachbum wrote:

I'm not sure how we could fix anything though.

I was sort of thinking that if we became Canada then people who hate America would stop attacking because every one loves Canada

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Invisible sky daddy just

Invisible sky daddy just keeps becoming more enlightend. Goes from supporting mass execution of homosexuals to now santioning their relationship.

Pretty soon there won't be anything he doesn't approve of.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Canada

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Yes. We need this to stop all our military intervetionism.

Should be interesting to see when the second American civil war starts if the loosers will migrate to Canada.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:digitalbeachbum

EXC wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Yes. We need this to stop all our military intervetionism.

Should be interesting to see when the second American civil war starts if the loosers will migrate to Canada.

It would be interesting.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Depending on how things go

Depending on how things go you might see the winners moving here too.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Depending on

Vastet wrote:
Depending on how things go you might see the winners moving here too.

Winners come to the USA, that is why your NHL teams suck so much vs USA teams.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
No, people who want to be

No, people who want to be rich go to the US. For now anyway. It won't last. As US coastlines shrink and the South becomes uninhabitable and Canada warms up and the American empire collapses you're going to see all the winners abandon the US, decade after decade. Due to proximity, space, freedom, and available resources; most of them will come here.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:No, people who

Vastet wrote:
No, people who want to be rich go to the US. For now anyway. It won't last. As US coastlines shrink and the South becomes uninhabitable and Canada warms up and the American empire collapses you're going to see all the winners abandon the US, decade after decade. Due to proximity, space, freedom, and available resources; most of them will come here.

All interesting but only one possible outcome.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well any alternative would

Well any alternative would require something unforeseeable and highly unlikely. Like extinction or fixing global warming within 20 years.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Well any

Vastet wrote:
Well any alternative would require something unforeseeable and highly unlikely. Like extinction or fixing global warming within 20 years.

I'm no mathematician but I've realized the Universe is nothing more than one big equation and we (and all the other stuff) are just variables. It's as if you could predict every outcome if you knew all the variables to the equation.

I'd like all the ice on the polar caps to melt during my lifetime. I'd have ocean front property on an island for at least a little while. Maybe I could even sucker a rich person in to buying it. My property is 100 feet above sea level. The house is 80 feet above sea level. I've checked the maps. At 30m of sea level rising I still have ocean front property.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's amazing how few people

It's amazing how few people take such details into account. I have no interest in all those house buying shows that have become popular, but I often hear them in the background if I'm cooking dinner at my parents house (my way of contributing, because I hate dishes). My mom loves them. I can't count how many idiots are spending millions of dollars on a house they intend to stay in the rest of their lives which happens to be beachfront property that will be completely submerged within a decade.

Anyone who has money and a bit of patience stands to make a killing buying property that will be beachfront in a few years. Spend 50k now to make 100M in a decade or two.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote: Anyone who has

Vastet wrote:
Anyone who has money and a bit of patience stands to make a killing buying property that will be beachfront in a few years. Spend 50k now to make 100M in a decade or two.

How do you know your future beachfront won't be underwater as well? The Global warming hoaxters are all over the place with their predictions. The doomsday predictions are always proven wrong. The catastrophe is always 10-20 years off.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:It's amazing

Vastet wrote:
It's amazing how few people take such details into account. I have no interest in all those house buying shows that have become popular, but I often hear them in the background if I'm cooking dinner at my parents house (my way of contributing, because I hate dishes). My mom loves them. I can't count how many idiots are spending millions of dollars on a house they intend to stay in the rest of their lives which happens to be beachfront property that will be completely submerged within a decade. Anyone who has money and a bit of patience stands to make a killing buying property that will be beachfront in a few years. Spend 50k now to make 100M in a decade or two.

I went to three different websites a checked out the lands down here in Florida. Even at 60m there are small islands of land which will be left. Currently those lands are farm lands which are down in Plant City. A few others up noth are Federal and State lands for the reserves. Even then, I stand to make good money if the ice keeps melting. It just depends on how fast it melts. Unfortunately, the house I am in now and my parents house, all will be under water before 30m. Only my rental property will survive.

Look at the website call Surging Seass

Also https://coast.noaa.gov/digitalcoast/tools/slr.html

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote: Vastet wrote:

EXC wrote:

Vastet wrote:

How do you know your future beachfront won't be underwater as well? The Global warming hoaxters are all over the place with their predictions. The doomsday predictions are always proven wrong. The catastrophe is always 10-20 years off.

I believe you are being too conservative. We have already been experiencing problems down here with the rising sea level. Miami and St. Pete are already showing signs of excessive flooding during storms which are usually minor incidences. In 10-20 years Miami will be under water.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Vastet wrote:

EXC wrote:
Vastet wrote:
How do you know your future beachfront won't be underwater as well?

Simple math. There is a finite amount of water on Earth.

EXC wrote:
The Global warming hoaxters are all over the place with their predictions.

No there's really only been one prediction, and it has been the same for 40+ years.

EXC wrote:
The doomsday predictions are always proven wrong. The catastrophe is always 10-20 years off.

I haven't seen a doomsday prediction come from science in my lifetime.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Vastet

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Vastet wrote:
It's amazing how few people take such details into account. I have no interest in all those house buying shows that have become popular, but I often hear them in the background if I'm cooking dinner at my parents house (my way of contributing, because I hate dishes). My mom loves them. I can't count how many idiots are spending millions of dollars on a house they intend to stay in the rest of their lives which happens to be beachfront property that will be completely submerged within a decade. Anyone who has money and a bit of patience stands to make a killing buying property that will be beachfront in a few years. Spend 50k now to make 100M in a decade or two.

I went to three different websites a checked out the lands down here in Florida. Even at 60m there are small islands of land which will be left. Currently those lands are farm lands which are down in Plant City. A few others up noth are Federal and State lands for the reserves. Even then, I stand to make good money if the ice keeps melting. It just depends on how fast it melts. Unfortunately, the house I am in now and my parents house, all will be under water before 30m. Only my rental property will survive.

Look at the website call Surging Seass

Also https://coast.noaa.gov/digitalcoast/tools/slr.html

That's pretty cool.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Simple math.

Vastet wrote:
Simple math. There is a finite amount of water on Earth.

So you're going with the 100% of the ice will melt in the next 20-30 years?

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fs.ngm.com%2F2013%2F09%2Frising-seas%2Fgatefold%2FRS_Web_NA_15M_v3.jpg&imgrefurl=...

If it is only 90% melted, you'd be screwed. If I believed as you, I'd start opening up urban scuba diving shops and boat taxi business in places like Manhattan.

Vastet wrote:
No there's really only been one prediction, and it has been the same for 40+ years.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/05/04/25-years-of-predicting-the-global-warming-tipping-point/

Vastet wrote:
 I haven't seen a doomsday prediction come from science in my lifetime.

What planet have you been living on the last 45 years. Here is few.http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2009/12/15/10_global_warming_doomsday_predictions

This waco environmentalism is like Christians and the rapture, Jesus is comming soon, just like the global warming tipping point.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:So you're going

EXC wrote:
So you're going with the 100% of the ice will melt in the next 20-30 years?

I'm not going with anything. I don't have the money or the motivation to take advantage of climate change's effects on landscape, so I have no reason to research and calculate the most likely outcome.

I don't know what that's supposed to link to, but it doesn't work.

EXC wrote:
If it is only 90% melted, you'd be screwed. If I believed as you, I'd start opening up urban scuba diving shops and boat taxi business in places like Manhattan.

Not remotely as screwed as the guy who bought property that went underwater at 80%.

New York has the population and resources to mitigate the effects of rising oceans on the city. The same is not true for the people who live outside the city.

Lies and misrepresentations.

EXC wrote:
What planet have you been living on the last 45 years. Here is few.http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2009/12/15/10_global_warming_doomsday_predictions

Horse shit from the media and a few ridiculed and discredited wackjobs. Show me peer reviewed scientific journal entries (from a credible journal) describing a doomsday scenario or concede defeat.

There is no evidence for a tipping point, and tipping points have little to do with why combating climate change is a good idea. Only fringe dwellers and idiots talk about tipping points.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Link worked for me, try

Link worked for me, try this. It's a map of North America when all the ice melts.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2013/09/rising-seas/if-ice-melted-map

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well even considering

Well even considering increasing rates of melting, it'd take generations for all the ice to melt. I'd be more concerned with my lifetime. It'd probably be different if I had kids to pass stuff onto.

It doesn't matter though. The ice isn't all going to melt at once in any scenario in which humans survive the event. Ocean rise is a gradual process. You could buy land about 0.5 km away from the ocean, wait for the ocean to hit the land, then sell it before it's underwater for 2+ times the price. There's no risk to you of the land being submerged unless you plan on living there, which would be pretty stupid, or if you don't sell it in the 10-20 year window you'll have. A window you can manipulate with landscaping and construction planning and strategic purchasing based on projections of water inundation, which coincidentally allows you to sell for even more.

There's a hell of a lot of $ to be made if you adapt faster than other people.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
http://ngm.nationalgeographic

You need a subscription but I've already posted plenty of other links to NOAA and others

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2013/09/rising-seas/if-ice-melted-map

Try this - click LAUNCH

https://coast.noaa.gov/digitalcoast/tools/slr

Also this one

http://geology.com/sea-level-rise/

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Yet here in Mein Drumpf's

Yet here in Mein Drumpf's "Merka" #DespotDonald picks a VP who has passed laws allowing for discrimination of gays. And the gun huggers here love Forida's flooded free for all which allowed for the Orlando shooting, and who the fuck cares if the mentally ill or terrorists get a hold of them.