atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pretty damn cool. I saw this

Pretty damn cool. I saw this yesterday and just stared at it for awhile.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, the stuff they find is

Yeah, the stuff they find is amazing.

Recently I got a 4.5 T11 for free and the mirror was totally covered with gunk. I'm having it recoated nearby and hope it will improve my images greatly.

I'm going to order some new focal lenses, of which I got a 9mm Plossl for answering three correct trivia questions at one of the meetings. I'm also going to order a motor so that I don't have to worry about adjusting the scope so much.

Even with all this stuff seeing even the moon close up is amazing. The 9mm lenses let you see the craters up close.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I hope one day, in my

I hope one day, in my lifetime, going there will be so easy that anyone can do it.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:I hope one day,

Vastet wrote:
I hope one day, in my lifetime, going there will be so easy that anyone can do it.

Yeah but that all depends on the propulsion systems

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think it more depends on

I think it more depends on development of the surface and supply/demand. If sufficient traffic goes between Earth and Luna, it will reduce the cost of each vessel and each trip. One of the reasons it is so expensive is that everything must be custom made. I'm quite sure that any government or company that makes regular trips will refine the technologies and efficiency pretty fast.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:I think it more

Vastet wrote:
I think it more depends on development of the surface and supply/demand. If sufficient traffic goes between Earth and Luna, it will reduce the cost of each vessel and each trip. One of the reasons it is so expensive is that everything must be custom made. I'm quite sure that any government or company that makes regular trips will refine the technologies and efficiency pretty fast.

I want to see a mining company want to mine the Moon and the other planets. Over time as the bring tons of nickel, iron and other materials to Earth the mass of thos planets will decrease and the mass of Earth will increase thus changing the orbits of the planets. I know it isn't scientific but wouldn't it be funny if the Moon started to be pulled in to Earth rather than moved out?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
heh but if the Earth is more

heh but if the Earth is more massive and Luna is equally less massive there'd be no effect. Sticking out tongue