Hilary, E-Mails, and Presidential Bids

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hilary, E-Mails, and Presidential Bids

How severe could these implications be for her Democratic potential bid to the White House ?

pix11.com/2015/03/03/hilary-clinton-used-private-email-as-secretary-of-state-report/

As Hillary gears up for her presidential run, political insiders say she has handed a giant gift to her opponents.

var ctoZoneID = 205852;var ctoplacementid = '{apd-zoneid}';document.MAX_ct0 ='';var m3_u = (location.protocol=='https:'?'https://cas.criteo.com/delivery/ajs.php?':'http://cas.criteo.com/delivery/ajs.php?');var m3_r = Math.floor(Math.random()*99999999999);document.write (" +(document.context ? "&context=" + escape(document.context) : "&quotEye-wink +(document.mmm_fo ? "&mmm_fo=1" : "&quotEye-wink + "'>&quotEye-wink;" apd-shown="0" appendedad="true" style="margin: 0px 0px 24px; color: rgb(33, 33, 33); line-height: 32px; font-family: Lato, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 20px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">For four years when she was Secretary of State, most every email Cliton sent was from a personal account, in apparent direct violation of governmental regulations, according to a report by the New York Times.  She did not posses a government account, the report adds.

Clinton never used an official government email account to conduct business as Secretary of State.

From 2009 to 2013, every email was sent to a private account, created the day she was confirmed by the Senate, according to the article published last night.

It may violate federal rules set up to keep all correspondence as part of the official record, searchable by government and journalists alike.

Clinton never even had an official government email address, and according to the Times, her aides did nothing to preserve those personal emails – a requirement of the Federal Records Act.

Now two years after leaving her job, Clinton’s advisers have decided which emails to release.  They’ve turned over 55,000 pages of electronic correspondence.

Political opponents have jumped on this.  Just an hour after the story report, Jeb Bush, expected to run on the republican ticket for president tweetedout.

https://twitter.com/JebBush/status/572608808666546176

Government watchdogs are calling it a serious breach, but a spokesman defended the move saying Clinton is complying with the “letter and spirit of the rules”.

Clinton is not the first government official to use a personal email account—but it is meant to be limited to  emergencies, according to experts, like when government servers are down.

Democrats may dismiss any attacks on this topic, and indeed it would be hard for anti-government Republicans to make the argument that one should always use government email.

Those with long political memories may also recall that Sarah Palin was pilloried for using Yahoo mail as her primary means of communication while Governor of Alaska, so the GOP risks looking like hypocrites.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Sorry guys

Sorry guys about that screwed up crap in the middle of the freaking document. Not sure how that happened. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
It was certainly a bad move

It was certainly a bad move on her part, but I doubt it's sufficient to significantly damage her campaign. There are still tens of millions of people who have no interest in computers and wouldn't necessarily even know what email is. I think just being the first potential female president would more than compensate, especially since most politicians are viewed as crooks anyway. If the US hadn't so thoroughly embraced attack ads for so long it could be devastating. But the people are used to it by now, and generally ignore them.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:It was

Vastet wrote:
It was certainly a bad move on her part, but I doubt it's sufficient to significantly damage her campaign. There are still tens of millions of people who have no interest in computers and wouldn't necessarily even know what email is. I think just being the first potential female president would more than compensate, especially since most politicians are viewed as crooks anyway. If the US hadn't so thoroughly embraced attack ads for so long it could be devastating. But the people are used to it by now, and generally ignore them.

That would be my feelings on the matter as well. With all of the stuff that politicians have been caught in over the last decade or so and still remained in office, I doubt seriously an email scandal is going to damage anything on her end. To be honest, it is quite a boring scandal and does not warrant that word. With everything from extramarital affairs and all the other good stuff, this is just a blip on the radar. 

― Giordano Bruno

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
nobody bounces back like a

nobody bounces back like a clinton, god bless 'em...

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:nobody bounces

iwbiek wrote:

lol

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline

iwbiek wrote:

HAHA, Very true. 

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 If there is another

If there is another Clinton-Bush election, I give up all hope for my fellow citizens.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
 Hillary was stupid.  It

Hillary was stupid.  It doesn't matter what anyone thinks of her.  She wants to paint herself as a smart woman, this just makes her look REALLY stupid and irresponsible, as well as corrupt.  I suspect there will be a move among Democrats to draft Elizabeth Warren.  Bush will have his problems on the Republican side, I doubt he can make it.  Even people who would have supported him in the past are less likely now.  Republicans and the public at large are, I think, tired of family dynasties.  

As for me, I will likely vote Libertarian.  If not Libertarian, I will write in Mickey Mouse as a protest vote. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline

iwbiek wrote:

Don't you mean Buddha bless them or Marx bless them?

I am quite sure there is not one politician of any party that never uses private e-mail in our age of techololgy. I bet if we tracked the computers and cell phones of republican politicians we would find they are doing the same thing.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: If

Beyond Saving wrote:

If there is another Clinton-Bush election, I give up all hope for my fellow citizens.

Stop lying. You would give up hope for what you want. You and I don't have the same hopes. You still have a huge problem with losing. If it gives you any comfort, I am not on board with those who think Hillary is a automatic win. She fumbled against Obama she cant afford the same mistakes that caused her to lose the primary against Obama. 

I find it absurd for any human to think that the current power of money on politics deserves sympathy. Now please try to claim that Hillary is just a minon for corporate America while sucking the dick of the the mentality of the Koch Brothers.

You and I hate each other economically, so please don't speak for me. You don't hope for me anymore than I hope for you. Just admit you don't like losing.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
 Hmm...Hillary was on the

Hmm...Hillary was on the Senate staff as a Staff Attorney during the Watergate investigation as a young staffer at age 27.  She was fired, by her boss, a life long Democrat because, "She was a liar.  She was an unethical, dishonest lawyer, she conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee, and the rules of confidentiality."  Said her boss, Jerry Zeifman.  

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
And that distinguishes her

And that distinguishes her from every other politician how exactly? lol

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Beyond Saving

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Stop lying. You would give up hope for what you want. You and I don't have the same hopes. You still have a huge problem with losing. If it gives you any comfort, I am not on board with those who think Hillary is a automatic win. She fumbled against Obama she cant afford the same mistakes that caused her to lose the primary against Obama. 

I find it absurd for any human to think that the current power of money on politics deserves sympathy. Now please try to claim that Hillary is just a minon for corporate America while sucking the dick of the the mentality of the Koch Brothers.

You and I hate each other economically, so please don't speak for me. You don't hope for me anymore than I hope for you. Just admit you don't like losing.

Don't worry, I gave up hope for you long ago, you will forever wallow in your partisanship, stupidity and ignorance. I do retain a small hope in Americans as a people that they will at least shift the Republican/Democrat dynamic into something less stale.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X